Google Maps locks up when doing a search. Have to pull battery to reset. Was working fine prior to this most recent round of updates. I can remove updates but then I'm constantly prompted to update again.
    04-20-10 12:26 PM
    I get the same problem... Just updated to .607 and google maps 4.1. I think someone also listed it in the .607 findings thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 01:43 PM
    This has been a known issue since 4.1 came out. You have three choices, don't use the search, stay with 3.2 or go back to .517 OS.
    04-20-10 01:45 PM
    Having the same problem. I just submitted a suporr ticket to google. Hopefully they will respond quickly with a solution.

In the meantime I'm using Bing maps. Its not the same as google but a good alternative.
    04-20-10 01:46 PM
    This has been discussed all OVER the place here...do a search. It's been going on for a while now. As Sting so well said, go back to a previous OS, downgrade Google Maps to 3.2 (which is what I did) or, simply don't use the Search feature in GM.
    04-20-10 01:49 PM
    Double post
    Last edited by scott750; 04-20-10 at 02:01 PM.
    04-20-10 01:51 PM
    Is it still possible to download the v3.0?

Edit - google maps that is
    Last edited by scott750; 04-20-10 at 02:04 PM.
    04-20-10 02:01 PM
    Yep, just checked. go to www.google.com/latitude to get 3.2.1

Is it still possible to download the v3.0?

Edit - google maps that is
    04-20-10 02:13 PM
    This has been discussed all OVER the place here...do a search. It's been going on for a while now. As Sting so well said, go back to a previous OS, downgrade Google Maps to 3.2 (which is what I did) or, simply don't use the Search feature in GM.
    It has also been discussed that downgrading to version 3.2 after upgrading to 4.0 did not solve the problem. Some people including me were now left with a 3.2 version that froze in a map search. As Yogi Berra once said, "you could look it up"
    04-20-10 05:09 PM
    That's not been my experience, nor that of two friends with upgraded S2s. As Yogi also said "it's deja vu all over again." Several have posted that the downgrade fixed the problem which is what originally prompted me to follow suit. So, there you go...look it up.

It has also been discussed that downgrading to version 3.2 after upgrading to 4.0 did not solve the problem. Some people including me were now left with a 3.2 version that froze in a map search. As Yogi Berra once said, "you could look it up"
    04-20-10 07:57 PM
    I noticed that if you let the program finish loading instead of trying to hit the blackberry menu button prematurely, it seems to work itself out... I'll keep testing it to see if it is true all the time or if I'm just getting lucky.
    04-20-10 09:17 PM
    Just go back to 3.2.1 and wait for Google to straighten things out with 607. Doctor Neutron
    04-20-10 10:59 PM
    BTW - I did a forum search and this was the only thread dedicated to this issue. Unless it was somewhere buried in the 400 pages of the .607 Findings and Fixes thread ot other 9550 OS update threads, which I didn't feel like scrolling through.

Yep, just checked. go to www.google.com/latitude to get 3.2.1
    Thanks for the link. I'll stay at this downgraded version until it gets resolved.
    04-20-10 11:46 PM
    Scott: As far as "Dedicated" yep, you may be right, but I sometimes wonder why every issue needs to be singled out and dedicated...no biggie. I know it was a large topic of conversation in several threads.

Glad it is working for you too.

BTW - I did a forum search and this was the only thread dedicated to this issue. Unless it was somewhere buried in the 400 pages of the .607 Findings and Fixes thread ot other 9550 OS update threads, which I didn't feel like scrolling through.

Thanks for the link. I'll stay at this downgraded version until it gets resolved.
    04-20-10 11:55 PM
    Thank you all. Scott's idea of using something other than GM seems to be the simplest solution. Too bad though, I liked GM.
    04-21-10 12:18 AM
    Scott: As far as "Dedicated" yep, you may be right, but I sometimes wonder why every issue needs to be singled out and dedicated...no biggie. I know it was a large topic of conversation in several threads.

Glad it is working for you too.
    I didn't mean to come off like a [j]erk. (Wow the forum won't allow the word [j]erk) I always try doing searches first, because personally I feel the same as you when members ask the same question instead of taking a few minutes and find the answer themselves. This forum has always been good about getting questions and answers resolved extremely quickly. By the time I have a problem and do my search, theres already a big following here on the forum with resolutions, which is why my post count is pretty low. lol I usually don't need to start threads about issues.

But I did search thru several of the pages on the .607 threads and such and didn't find anyting, which is why I chimed in here on this thread.

BTW - the v3.2.1 version is working perfect for me. I tried using Bing which is 95% as good as Google, but there are some things the maps can't find where Google does.
    04-21-10 12:27 AM
    That's not been my experience, nor that of two friends with upgraded S2s. As Yogi also said "it's deja vu all over again." Several have posted that the downgrade fixed the problem which is what originally prompted me to follow suit. So, there you go...look it up.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    04-21-10 09:37 AM
    version 4.0.2 is now out. just downloaded it and it working fine!!
    04-21-10 11:17 AM
    version 4.0.2 is now out. just downloaded it and it working fine!!
    tks for the headsup tomkaz.
    Will give it a go.
    Good Luck
    04-21-10 12:38 PM
    Scott: No worries. I'm sure most of us have been guilty of one thing or another around here, ya' just have to move on and learn from the experience. And so long as you got the answer you needed, that's what is important.

As far as Bing goes.... <gag> No thanks!

I didn't mean to come off like a [j]erk. (Wow the forum won't allow the word [j]erk) I always try doing searches first, because personally I feel the same as you when members ask the same question instead of taking a few minutes and find the answer themselves. This forum has always been good about getting questions and answers resolved extremely quickly. By the time I have a problem and do my search, theres already a big following here on the forum with resolutions, which is why my post count is pretty low. lol I usually don't need to start threads about issues.

But I did search thru several of the pages on the .607 threads and such and didn't find anyting, which is why I chimed in here on this thread.

BTW - the v3.2.1 version is working perfect for me. I tried using Bing which is 95% as good as Google, but there are some things the maps can't find where Google does.
    04-21-10 01:12 PM
    Is anybody able to join latitude using google maps? I've tried and cannto. I even get a captcha screen after "login failed" and have no luck. Anybody know a fix or work around?
    05-13-10 05:28 PM
    buuuuuuuummmmp?
    05-13-10 10:28 PM
    I had latitude running (and working) for a bit, but it is an absolute battery killer so I don't run it anymore.
    05-14-10 03:20 PM
    i had latitude running (and working) for a bit, but it is an absolute battery killer so i don't run it anymore.
    +1 !!!

---------
    05-14-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD