This forum has been very helpful so far so I was hoping for some more assistance. My google maps app can't seem to connect to the gps sattelites on my alltel tour. Bb maps is able to connect to the gps. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Chad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 11:57 AM
    Some versions of the Tour, Sprint and apparently Alltell, the google maps app cannot connect to the GPS. It works fine for VZW. There are several other threads covering this that go into gory details, but suffice it to say that the Sprint and apparently Alltell use a different GPS chip that is causing problems.

Currently a limited set of users have reported getting a Wireless Update over the past couple of days that updates their OS to version 4.7.1.57 that fixes google maps for Sprint. One would assume assume it would fix it for Alltell as well. Monitor these forums for a link to the generally available or leaked version that you can try that I am anxiously awaiting very soon.

All this assumes you have gone into the Options->Advanced Options -> GPS and turned on GPS services.

-frank
    09-29-09 12:50 PM
    I have turned on gps services. I have been apprehensive about upgrading my os because I don't know much about it. Another hindering factor for me is that the only computer I have is a mac and I have read that you can't upgrade os without running windows on bootcamp. I could borrow my roommates computer but I'm new to blackberry and I wanted to master the official os before branching out and experimenting with beta and leaked os's.

Thank you for the information, I will stop trying to get this to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 01:12 PM
    Blackberry maps works for me but google maps does not. I haven't tried on OS 5.0 yet.
    09-29-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD