my google maps and bb maps (when i click "find location") says searching for satelites. google maps finds me but is 4 or 5 blocks off, bb maps can't find me and liek i mentioned just says "searching for satelites". I am inside a building downtown though, I'll have to try outdoors. Oh and I'm with Bell too.
    07-15-09 11:08 AM
    Now mine is working all of a sudden lol
    07-15-09 11:09 AM
    Mine is work so good but this app version sounds like Storm to me.

Only issue with rotate the street view with trackball, it don't work so well.
    07-15-09 11:17 AM
    You are wrong. Google maps works fine with the Tour. I know this because I'm looking at it locate me within 10 meters. Many others have got google maps to work as well. If there is a problem, it is an individual problem..not a software problem. The fact that 3.0.2 was designed for the storm does not matter. "I" zooms in, "O" zooms out and "0" centers your location.

Evidently there are a lot of individuals with individual Tour problems then, given the individual reports in this thread.

My GPS works great, fast and accurate with Sprint Navigation, Blackstar, and Blackberry Maps.

It will not lock onto position using GPS Tracker or Google Maps v3.0.2 (#3037).

GPS settings: Device GPS; Location ON; Enabled

For my Tour, at least, it appears it is an interaction with the Tour and the applications (Google Maps), and not whether the GPS is working, as several apps will plot the device within inches of its location.

Evidently all these individuals are wrong, eh?
    Last edited by Go Blue; 07-15-09 at 11:25 AM.
    07-15-09 11:22 AM
    Mine didn't work yesterday, but has exact location working today.
    07-15-09 11:34 AM
    Verizon user wouldn't mind going into google maps properties and check which module is listed.
    Im showing Module (1)
    07-15-09 11:37 AM
    Verizon user wouldn't mind going into google maps properties and check which module is listed.
    Im showing Module (1)
    here's what mine says:
    Version: 3.0.2
    Modules: (1)

When you open google maps, and go to Help->About, does it show "Blackberry-9630_v4_7" under Platform?
    07-15-09 12:06 PM
    My GPS wasn't working in Google Maps (3.02) until I activated the GPS in BB Maps in the background. Then it worked just fine.

I am going to start playing with other third-party apps to see if that is always the case.

It used to be that I had to run VZnavigator to get any third-party apps to see the device GPS. (on the 8330) I wonder if this is similar on the Tour.
    07-15-09 12:16 PM
    Yeah my google maps works perfectly. I'm using 3.0.2 #3037 for bb9630. Its able to pinpoint me in seconds usually within 3-6 meters. I have noticed the icons on my screen setup like its a touch screen. But other than that, it works perfectly. A huge improvement from my curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 12:17 PM
    here's what mine says:
    Version: 3.0.2
    Modules: (1)

When you open google maps, and go to Help->About, does it show "Blackberry-9630_v4_7" under Platform?
    Go into Blackberry Options then Status.
    Does your Verizon 9630 show ESN(Dec) number or a MEID(Dec) number ?
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-15-09 at 12:37 PM.
    07-15-09 12:17 PM
    Go into Blackberry Options then Status.
    Does your Verizon 9630 show ESN(Dec) number or a MEID(Dec) number ?
    MEID (dec)
    07-15-09 01:10 PM
    I cant figure it out.
    Sprint 9630 - Im running BerryWeather ,Sig-loc ,BerryLoactor getting gps location on the dot but
    for some reason google maps doesn't utilize ,This was also the case with Sprints 8330"M"....their 8330"E" worked fine.
    Sprint Blackberry 8330 internal GPS is not working with Google maps 3.0.2 - Google Mobile Help
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-15-09 at 01:49 PM.
    07-15-09 01:34 PM
    Went outside and tried it, bb Maps worked perfect, google maps still said a 700 meter radius....that is down from 1200 though so its a win for me.
    07-15-09 02:04 PM
    Ok, so everyone with verizon can get ot to work.

No one on sprint, bell, or telus can.

Is it a permissions issue? Carrier block?

This is dissappointing, I hope they resolve this with an update. I use GMM all the time.

I hope this isn't indicative of more restrictions in the future.

Btw I actually used sprint navigation because I had to and its not bad at all. I still want my GMM back though.
    07-16-09 08:13 AM
    When I go to Module Properties it says module version 3.0.2 created on 2/13/2009. Verizon 9630 and downloaded Gmaps v3.0.2 yesterday. Works flawlessly though at launch it took a couple minutes to get a GPS fix. Once running it was dead on, with satellite view turned on I could see the overhead view of the sidewalk I was walking down. Reminds me of how well it worked on my old Nextel 7100i but of course never did with my Verizon 8830 for the past 2 years.

Poynt, superPages, Nav4all, LifeInPocket, BBMaps, all also working perfect with GPS accuracy.

Oh, and I will say this as a reminder: when you're not actively using a LBS app, make SURE to exit out of it via menu. If you just hit the "escape" key they pretty much all (like most BB apps) will go to background running and be chewing up your battery life. Leave them running searching for GPS sats and don't be surprised to find your fully charged battery dead in and hour or two!!!

And those of you trying it without being outside, well, duh. GPS signals come from satellites (what, like 26 miles up and with far less transmit power than a cell tower down the street) and OF COURSE don't work indoors unless you get lucky standing next to a window or something.

Posted from my 9630 CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dgburns; 07-16-09 at 10:53 AM.
    07-16-09 10:39 AM
    Hello everyone, I have a tour and Im using it wit Iusacell in Mexico, but I just cant find bbmap anywhere, I also have a storm and works great, I tried installing again, and google maps do not give me the option of gps....

any sugestions

Thanks
    08-08-09 08:08 PM
    I even went everywhere to look for the icon and couldnt find it, went to advance options and appears in the list, I just cany use it, Im getting a little desperate, would appreciate any help>

thanks
    08-08-09 08:15 PM
    launching google maps and hitting the My Location button, '0' , shows "my location within 1200m..waiting for GPS"

but it never locks onto my location, gps would lock within seconds on the 8830..what gives?
    I have a BB Storm and I cannot get the Google Maps app to work at all. All I ever get is you location is currently unavailable; waiting for GPS. Makes no difference if I'm inside or outside. It doesn't work.
    08-09-09 03:47 PM
    I don't think there are any Bell or Telus users that have GPS work with Google Maps. This really sucks because I like the app a lot.

I wonder if OS 5 will fix this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 03:36 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD