I saw this was mentioned in another thread somewhere but it didn't get much attention. I downloaded google maps and I don't know if there are different versions or what but it seems to be formatted for a touch screen phone. There are +/- magnifying glasses on the left and a "My Location" icon in the bottom right that I can't do anything with. Maybe I'm missing something? Please enlighten me.
    07-12-09 07:37 PM
    I was just about to start a thread because I can't even get google maps to download on my Tour. I keep getting error 504. I don't know what to do and it's very frustrating. How did you get it to download at all?
    07-12-09 07:40 PM
    And my search results are not turning up anything helpful.
    07-12-09 07:40 PM
    Press the letter "i" to zoom in and the letter "o" to zoom out. Hope that helps!
    07-12-09 07:44 PM
    what button does find my location
    07-12-09 08:07 PM
    im not getting any find my location whatsoever. I went into the options on the phone and enabled the gps so its not E911 only and google maps still isnt coming up anywhere near, it says the radius is 1300 meters.
    07-12-09 08:19 PM
    what button does find my location
    0 Zero

This is for the minimum
    07-12-09 08:21 PM
    haha shiit nevermind i guess i was wrong about changing my gps to location on. sorry! working great now
    07-12-09 08:27 PM
    I am also having the same issue. I think it is downloading the Storm version. Can anyone get the download link from an 8900?
    07-12-09 08:44 PM
    Figured out the E key toggles satellite/roadmap view. Nice!
    07-12-09 08:47 PM
    E will toggle between satellite and map views.
    07-12-09 08:49 PM
    i think the z key also toggles traffic, SICK
    07-12-09 08:49 PM
    yeah i posted elsewhere -- it's hard to find the right place to post things. everyone's so excited that there are multiple threads on similar subjects and you don't know where the right people with the answers will reply! also, i think some repliers are confusing the issue with their responses. my problem with google maps isn't gps related because the cool thing with google maps is that it doesn't even require gps to be on (but of course that gets you more accuracy) because otherwise it uses triangulation. so my problem isn't the precision or content of googlemaps, it's the functionality. i'm not sure if everyone who is saying it works is just talking about the former or both aspects. and if the latter, i don't know why some people would be getting a touch version and others not.
    i also saw a question posted in google's own forum so i'll try to track that. but if someone figures it out here first, please let us know!
    07-13-09 07:24 AM
    [repeat post]

Well here are at least some tips for now, despite the obvious intention being for touch screen functionality:

my location -- 0 [zero]
    zoom in/out -- 3 (I) / 1 (O [letter o])
    map/satellite view toggle -- 2
    traffic view -- 7
    results list/view on map toggle -- #
    next/previous result -- 6/4
    more search options -- 9
    favorites -- *
    07-13-09 07:56 AM
    [repeat post]

Well here are at least some tips for now, despite the obvious intention being for touch screen functionality:

my location -- 0 [zero]
    zoom in/out -- 3 (I) / 1 (O [letter o])
    map/satellite view toggle -- 2
    traffic view -- 7
    results list/view on map toggle -- #
    next/previous result -- 6/4
    more search options -- 9
    favorites -- *
    Thanks! Now I need to print out a "Quick Reference Card".

One way to (sorta) remember the zoom in/out is the alt keys for these. They are hooked to the I and O keys, but these are also the - and + keys. Although they behave backwards, i.e., - zooms in and + zooms out.
    07-13-09 08:54 AM
    FYI Google *just* updated Maps with the Tour information so now if you re-download it will recognize your device as non-touch screen.
    07-16-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD