Ever since getting my 9700 on bell google maps can't find my location.

Is there a work around or fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 04:21 PM
    I have a feeling that google maps won't work if the assisted part of the GPS isn't functioning correctly, and I don't believe Bell supports assisted GPS (much like MTS). I thought of trying to disable location aiding and then seeing if it would work, but I've deleted google maps and didn't feel like geting it running again so I didn't bother trying. You can try it though and let me know how it works.
    12-02-09 04:24 PM
    Did you check the app permissions?
    12-02-09 04:38 PM
    I deleted the app, and re installed it... Seems to be good now.

Easiest solution is the one I failed to try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 04:39 PM
    Ever since getting my 9700 on bell google maps can't find my location.
    LOL. I just downloaded this app yesterday. I set everything up and am AMAZED. This thing says the EXACT address I'm at. Not the block or the street but the EXACT address. Amazing.
    12-02-09 06:43 PM
    Apparently, my town changes it's zip code everyday! Every time I use Google maps or Google mobile app for searching, it says my location and shows a different zip code but NEVER has it shown the correct one!!!
    12-02-09 08:41 PM
    Ya know my 8310 was finding my location in a snap last week now it keeps telling GPS temporarily unavailable. I have tried just about everything. No new apps using GPS or anything. Just does not make sense to me. I does work sometimes just seems to take longer. Frustrated.
    12-02-09 10:58 PM
    i was having an issue it would find my location but it would say im on the othereside of town never really worked so i just deleted it
    12-02-09 11:02 PM
    To get google maps to recognize my location, I have to open BB Maps first, have it find my location (which it always does), then open google maps and it will then find my location. Weird. But that's how it's working on my phone.
    12-03-09 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD