Can anyone tell me if Google maps is in the App world?

I am on Tmob and i don't see it, but some reports are claiming is among the featured items.

If it is, can you tell me the link (just click on recommend and select email and it will show you the link).

regards
    04-03-09 08:13 PM
    Would be kinda pointless.
    04-03-09 08:32 PM
    from the
    browser > go to google.com > "more" > "maps" >
    "install now", download should start

pay money (yah sure!)
    04-03-09 08:38 PM
    thanks for your reply, but I know how to download it.

I was just wondering whether I could get it from within the app store, so that I would be notified of updates.

thank you.
    04-03-09 10:25 PM
    It tells you when updates are available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 03:26 AM
    exactly, but only if the app is installed trough app world. That is why I was wondering whether google map was present in the app world.
    04-04-09 09:33 AM
    If there is an update available for google maps, it will notify you when you open google maps.
    04-04-09 09:44 PM
    If there is an update available for google maps, it will notify you when you open google maps.
    not all the time.

or you could put out the ounce of extra effort to bookmark the site where you download it, and check it every so often.
    04-05-09 01:51 AM
    or you could put out the ounce of extra effort to bookmark the site where you download it, and check it every so often.
    Not really sure why you felt the need to throw that out there. I think all of us know how to go to the source site and download an app, but some of us are trying to migrate as many apps as possible to App World for various reasons.

04-05-09 09:14 AM
    thx all for you replies,

i still haven't figured out whether googlemaps is downloadable from the app world or not.

it seems very random with Tmob. For instance, with version 1.0.28 facebook is gone completely. Weird.
    04-05-09 04:21 PM
    I suspect no google apps will show up on blackberry app world since research in motion (blackberry) and google (Android) are directly competing in the smartsphone space. However, I do find it strange opera mini isn't on there.

04-05-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD