Hey all

I'm using a Bold 9900 and Google Maps, but Google Maps refreshes my position so slow. Maybe every 5-10 seconds even though I have full 3G coverage in open areas. I have tried Google Maps on Android and iOS which is almost completely fluent but it really lags on my Bold 9900.

I'm using Blackerry 7.1.0.714 and Google Maps 4.5.3.

Do I need to download the maps and store on my phone (if possible, don't know how to) for better performance or do I need to install other/older versions of Blackbery OS or/and Google Maps?

Hopefully someone can help.

Regards,
    Jakob
    10-21-12 04:04 AM
    Not much you can do unfortunately.
    Google don't support their apps any longer on BlackBerry, and their maps app hasn't been updated for a couple of years.
    Certainly no need to downgrade your OS, you can't store the maps on your phone, and you won't find an older version of the app... what you have is as good as it gets with Google.
    Try searching App World for an alternative, free navigation app. There are plenty of them around.
    10-21-12 05:15 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

I have installed Wisepilot which gives you a 5 days trial. Seems to be a good alternative at a reasonable price, under 30 euros for lifetime license. I will look through AppWorld to see if there are any free good alternatives. I don't need voice guidance or anything. Basically just a route shown on a map.
    10-21-12 05:38 AM