I recently upgraded to Google Maps 4.2 and I am not liking it at all! It runs slower on my old Curve than the previous version I had (2.3?), so I am missing turns. I use it infrequently, but when I need it, I really need it. My needs are simple also, i don't need all the bells and whistles that the new version has.

Is there a way to download an old version from somewhere? Would anyone know where I might find a trusted source for that?

Also, on this version, my screen keeps going blank (screen saver) in the middle of loading and using, is there a way to stop that? On the old version, as long as I as zoomed in enough when moving, it wouldn't do that.

Heck, on this new version, I can't even figure out how to star a location, I'm feeling pretty silly!
    07-15-10 06:18 PM
    Yeah the 4.2 version tends to get the loading clocks a bit more than 4.1 did even on the newer devices.
    07-15-10 07:09 PM
    Try this (mobile link to old version). It worked a couple of months ago; no guarantee that it still works.

Google
    07-15-10 07:18 PM
    A belated Thank You! The link did work, and I tried it for a bit, but it turns out that it was version 3.2.1, and I must have had the next version.

I'm back to the current version, I like that I can bookmark more than a handful, since it stores them online, though there are other drawbacks to this version. At least I figured out how to star a location
    08-09-10 09:36 PM
    Paste the link in Post #3 for 3.2.1 into your computer browser address bar. Change the last numbers to the version you want, such as 4.0.2
    Email the corrected link to your BB.
    08-10-10 08:03 AM
    That makes a lot of sense (duh!), thank you
    08-14-10 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD