I'm having one of those days...I started this yesterday and several kind people gave me advice, BUT, now none of it is on the Crackberry site. I've tried every search available and nothing, SO, here I go again...
    I block text messages so downloading GOOGLE MAPS isn't working for me. I'm trying to find out if I can just download to my cell number, email address,
    etc. I got some replies that seemed plausible but my original post and the helpful replies are gone. Thanks in advance...y'all are the best!
    05-12-10 09:27 PM
    Why don't you just UNBLOCK text messages temporarily (assuming you are using the phone's firewall), download and install Google Maps, and then re-block SMS's.
    05-12-10 09:33 PM
    If the OP doesn't have an unlimited texting plan, and he unblocks SMS long enough to get Google Maps, all those undelivered texts will be delivered and he'll be charged for them. That's one plausible reason for his action.

OP: if you go to http://mobile.google.com using your mobile phone browser, you can download the file directly to your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 09:51 PM
    TMO is blocking at my request and I want to leave that alone if at all possible.
    Thanks
    05-12-10 09:52 PM
    why not just go to m.google.com/maps right from your phone?
    05-12-10 09:55 PM
    Jeff H,
    Roger the desire to avoid a flood of texts. I'll try your suggestion later this evening and report back.
    Thanks
    05-12-10 09:55 PM
    Jeff H and gmmech,
    ALL roads lead back to a text message...thanks for your help.
    05-12-10 10:10 PM
    I don't understand why you are getting a text message. When I go to Google Mobile from my BlackBerry browser, and click the download button, I'm given the option to download the app OTA. I'm not sent a text message.
    05-13-10 07:56 AM
    I don't understand why you are getting a text message. When I go to Google Mobile from my BlackBerry browser, and click the download button, I'm given the option to download the app OTA. I'm not sent a text message.
    Couldn't agree more... but now I've very as to why the OP is even talking about text messages since all they need to do use their Blackberry Browser... no text messaging involved at all.
    05-13-10 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD