Strange why Google Maps says I have 38MB's free of RAM while the options app says I have 28. Anyone else seen this glitch? If I reset Google Maps it wipes the cache and all downloaded maps heh? Is there anyway to set it to download to the SD card and save me valuable Internal RAM? BB Maps does the same.

Its a pain when traveling having it take forever to DL all the time. A reason why its a good idea to have a stand alone GPS. But the BB is convenient.

John

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 05:47 AM
    No, there's no way to save the Google cache to the SD card, and it is cleared whenever you exit Google.

If you need preloaded maps, you might want to consider TrekBuddy and Mobile GMaps. These are the only two mapping apps that I know of for the BlackBerry that don't use real-time data. I haven't used either.
    01-16-10 09:03 AM
    No, there's no way to save the Google cache to the SD card, and it is cleared whenever you exit Google.

If you need preloaded maps, you might want to consider TrekBuddy and Mobile GMaps. These are the only two mapping apps that I know of for the BlackBerry that don't use real-time data. I haven't used either.
    Thanks.. Thats good about Google because BB maps saves to RAM memory.
    01-16-10 11:06 AM
    Gmaps does not cached, it streams data all the time, except the location you're save on favorite, but still, no other data saved .....
    01-16-10 11:04 PM
    Look in Help About in Google Maps and you can see the cache statistics. Map RAM Cache, Flash Cache, and Flash Cache Hits. If I exit Google Maps, the Map RAM Cache size changes. Flash Cache does not. If I reset Google Maps, both caches get reset and Flash Cache Hits goes from 80% to 0%. I thought the caches were reset every time you exited, but it took a reset to clear the Flash Cache, which was 4083k in my case. The Map cache was only 188k.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD