4.02 released... seems to fix the mem leak. not sure about battery drain as i never noticed it
    +1, meam leak stopped for me with this update
    04-25-10 01:27 PM
    I've had the memory leak issue and advanced battery drain since 4.02 - going back to 3.2.1, as this is just ridiculous.
    04-25-10 10:08 PM
    I tried that but every single time I opened the app, it prompted me to upgrade, it gave me an option but it was annoying to have that pop up EVERY time.

Does your version do that?
    Yes, I get the popup every time. It is annoying.
    04-26-10 08:24 AM
    I am not a fan of the last three versions. 3.21- 4.02 will not go into landscape mode, the keyboard is always on, and the scrolling is backwards. Plus the memory drain and it freezes up.
    Does anyone know where I could find the version I think before 3.20, I had it before I did my first update a year or so ago. I lost all my 3rd party apps in the process and I never wrote the version # down. I think it was the one everyone complained that it did not do GPS. The GPS worked fine for me, it had the functionality of BBmaps with the google details and satellite view. Maybe the landscape problem is user error?
    05-03-10 08:46 PM
    I am not a fan of the last three versions. 3.21- 4.02 will not go into landscape mode, the keyboard is always on, and the scrolling is backwards. Plus the memory drain and it freezes up.
    Does anyone know where I could find the version I think before 3.20, I had it before I did my first update a year or so ago. I lost all my 3rd party apps in the process and I never wrote the version # down. I think it was the one everyone complained that it did not do GPS. The GPS worked fine for me, it had the functionality of BBmaps with the google details and satellite view. Maybe the landscape problem is user error?
    I'd check compatibility mode. That's what it sounds like to me. Go to: Options > Applications > Highlight GoogleMaps > Disable Compatibility Mode
    05-04-10 07:43 AM
    Weird. I tried v4 and i couldn't even pan or zoom unless i was in compatibility mode. back to 3.2.. thanks for the link everyone
    05-04-10 05:55 PM
    Opened up GMaps today to get an update 4.02. Faster, tighter in programming with less battery drain and little memory drain, and gained 2 mb.
    05-17-10 10:43 PM
    Thanks for the link back to v3x. I was actually coming here to post this same message thread. I had to uninstall the latest version of Google Maps because of the noted memory leaks. It rendered my phone unusable after a short period of time. I was having to reboot my phone almost one a day to reset the memory.
    05-17-10 10:51 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD