Please someone help me. I upgraded to google maps 4.0 on my blackberry bold 9000 and now I don't have the option to bookmark my destinations. Is this option removed. Please someone let me know so I don't have to keep asking. Is so is there another free GPS I can use that I can bookmark destinations.

thanks
    04-16-10 07:55 PM
    They are called Starred Items now. When you search for an address, click on the enter key or click in on the track ball. When you get the screen that give you options to Get Directions, Street View, etc., look at the top right of that screen. There is a star there. Scroll up and click the star. The cool thing is that if you have Google Maps linked to your gmail account then it saves your starred items under your account and they will show up when you go to Google Maps on the internet from a PC.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=165317

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sdmcwilliams; 04-16-10 at 08:51 PM.
    04-16-10 08:19 PM
    It's not allowing me to edit the stared items' names thou. I used to be able to...
    04-16-10 10:49 PM
    They are called Starred Items now. When you search for an address, click on the enter key or click in on the track ball. When you get the screen that give you options to Get Directions, Street View, etc., look at the top right of that screen. There is a star there. Scroll up and click the star. The cool thing is that if you have Google Maps linked to your gmail account then it saves your starred items under your account and they will show up when you go to Google Maps on the internet from a PC.

Starring : Discover Additional Features - Google Mobile Help

I don't see the star. Can someone tell me where it is?
    04-17-10 06:40 AM
    I don't see the star. Can someone tell me where it is?
    1. Open Google Maps
    2. Scroll around to anywhere you want to and press the return key (to the right of $) or press in on the trackpad/trackball.
    3. You will get a pop-up screen with all sorts of options (get directions, street view, etc). At the top right of the white pop-up screen there will be a star. Scroll up to it and click on it. Done.

I am not sure how you edit it them yet on a blackberry. I was trying to rename one and could not find the option.

04-17-10 08:27 AM

There you are. I won't lie I didn't see it at first as well, but didn't take long to spot it.
    What annoyes me is not being able to edit the Bookmark's label ('Home', 'Office', etc.).
    04-17-10 08:56 AM
    thanks guys i got it
    04-17-10 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD