I have tried several web links to download the new version Google Maps on my 8330 but everytime I get a page that says it is not available for my 8330 phone. Is the new version available for Curves or not, and does anyone have a download link?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 12:23 PM
    I have 3.2 on my 8330 with no problem. Just go to google.com on your berry and there is a link to the new maps version right on the main page. That's all I did to d/l the new version. Good luck

11-01-09 12:37 PM
    Try m.google.com\maps. That is where I got mine for my 8330 and have had no problem with it.

11-01-09 02:06 PM
    I have gone to m.google.com/maps 4 times now and I get a message on that page that says the application is not available for my 8830, like it knows which phone I am on????

EDIT: oh my God, I just realized what I am doing wrong, I have been going to that weblink using Opera Mini instead of the BB browser. I just tried it on the BB browser and it is now downloading. Well, maybe my mistake can help someone else. thank you for all responses.
    Last edited by dollface54; 11-01-09 at 02:49 PM.
    11-01-09 02:45 PM
    Try m.google.com\maps. That is where I got mine for my 8330 and have had no problem with it.

did you have any trouble signing into your Google account on the map? I have tried several times and it says Login Failed.
    11-01-09 02:56 PM
    I'm glad google maps came out. It has a hard time finding my location though

11-01-09 03:38 PM
    I'm glad google maps came out. It has a hard time finding my location though

I have it working using GPS (I assume) but it is not really finding me close enough. I pulled directions using my GPS location as a start point, and I have never heard of the streets it was giving near me. I'm not sure if I should hang onto the BB maps on my phone or what.
    11-01-09 03:59 PM
    I have gone to m.google.com/maps 4 times now and I get a message on that page that says the application is not available for my 8830, like it knows which phone I am on????

EDIT: oh my God, I just realized what I am doing wrong, I have been going to that weblink using Opera Mini instead of the BB browser. I just tried it on the BB browser and it is now downloading. Well, maybe my mistake can help someone else. thank you for all responses.
    I was going to mention that you have to use the BlackBerry browser. I see that you was able to correct the problem.

11-01-09 05:08 PM
    No I didn't have any problem signing in with google maps.

11-01-09 08:06 PM

THANK YOU!!! I've been going crazy. Had to get a replacement due to my usb port dying, and i've been trying for the past 5 days to get google maps again (which I had before), but I was trying from opera as well. *big sigh of relief*
    01-18-10 12:03 AM
    Just so you know, if you ever want to download or install an app, must use the BB Browser.
    01-22-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD