Is anyone else having problems with Google Maps 3.2.1 on their 8350i? I upgraded from the prior version a couple of months ago, and it almost always hangs after a few minutes of use. It either loses the GPS fix (when other apps still can get it), or loses its wireless internet connection needed to do searches and download maps. Unfortunately, losing either seems to freeze up the whole program.

While I like the new features, the prior version was much more stable for me. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can download the previous version?

I'm using Garmin mobile more and more, but there are still times when I would prefer Google's way of displaying maps.
    01-29-10 09:01 AM
    If you have the data plan try telenav. If you the data paln it free. I've been pretty happy wit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 06:39 PM
    I get the spinning clock of death all the time when doing anything �intensive" with the app. All the time at startup for 5-10 seconds. This is why I think google navigation will never come to blackberry. If it can't handle maps, navigation would be a disaster.

01-29-10 08:19 PM
    Could try using the Bing Mobile app instead.
    01-29-10 08:25 PM
    Thanks for all of your suggestions. I've tried these apps and many others. They are rarely "so much better" than Google Maps. Let me repeat my question:

"While I like the new features, the prior version was much more stable for me. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can download the previous version?"
    01-29-10 10:55 PM
    If you backed up your phone before you installed upgrade just reinstall previous file that that should bring you back

01-30-10 10:16 AM
    If you backed up your phone before you installed upgrade just reinstall previous file that that should bring you back

OK, I'm still super-annoyed at the lousy Google Maps application. v4.0 has the same problem as 3.2 - if I lose GPS or data connection for even a split second, the whole application hangs. This really sucks, and I would really like to get the version prior to 3.2 back again, since it had some useful functionality that I have not found on the many other apps available.

I have done many backups of my whole system using the trick with the device switch wizard, but whenever I try to load those files I get an error message that "this application is not compatible." Apparently there is something in the archive that does not permit anything to load.

Could someone please spoon-feed me a link that shows me how to access these backup archives to downgrade my Google Maps application without having to downgrade every other piece of software that I've installed since?

Thanks!
    Last edited by RhythmDoctor; 05-06-10 at 08:51 PM.
    05-06-10 08:33 PM
    Ever since version 3.0.2, every update of Google Maps has been worse. Version 4.0 has been totally useless - it has never succeeded at pulling in the GPS fixes. What's worse, it seems to have also caused other GPS programs to stop working also. Only after fiddling with GPS permissions can I get the other programs to work, and then only momentarily.

I have backups of all my old application versions, but anytime I attempt to restore the old version it fails. SoI finally figured out a way to download the older versions of Google maps. These are the links:

Link for Version 3.2.1. This version had some nice new features, but would crash if I lost wireless signal for even a short time:

http://m.google.com/maps/download/bi...GoogleMaps.jad

Version 3.0.2. This was the last version that was fully functional for me. It would download maps quickly, and if it lost wireless signal it would continue to work as soon as I got to a place with better signal:

http://m.google.com/maps/download/bi...GoogleMaps.jad
    07-26-10 07:45 AM
    Give Google Maps a little bit time to stablize. They are pretty good in the past.
    07-26-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD