Google maps seems to only work in portrait mode, does not allow closing the keyboard, does not respond to zoom button and pressing the blue dot does not reveal location (instead it opens a directions to/from window).

WTF???

Is there a way to correct these?
    Thx.
    06-10-09 10:53 AM
    I have the same version and mine works fine in landscape.

Have you done a batt. pull after install of google maps?
    06-10-09 11:17 AM
    Sounds like you might have compatibility mode on my mistake. Go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Highlight Google Maps> Press BB Key and click Disable Compatibility Mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 11:23 AM
    That solved it. Thank you ArmaK.
    06-10-09 11:40 AM
    Is there a way to search on Google maps and add a found item to contacts? Conversely, is there a way to open a contact and then map it? I an new to BB and used to do these on the Palm Treo.
    06-10-09 11:43 AM
    Is there a way to search on Google maps and add a found item to contacts? Conversely, is there a way to open a contact and then map it? I an new to BB and used to do these on the Palm Treo.
    There is a way to save a contact but I don't remember off the top of my head. I just add most of the to the favorites in google maps.

To show a contact on google maps: If you have the address for a contact in the contact's database, just highlight the contact in question, press the bb key and select Show on Google Maps.

06-10-09 12:38 PM
    Sounds like you might have compatibility mode on my mistake. Go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Highlight Google Maps> Press BB Key and click Disable Compatibility Mode.

Another grateful newbie - thanks!
    08-02-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD