Anyone else having this problem?

It seems i have downloaded the Storm version of google maps to my tour, making it very hard to use when i cant use a touch screen! I assume its because the operating systems are so similar. Anyway to fix this or do i have to wati for google?

Thanks
    07-14-09 01:10 PM
    Anyone else having this problem?

It seems i have downloaded the Storm version of google maps to my tour, making it very hard to use when i cant use a touch screen! I assume its because the operating systems are so similar. Anyway to fix this or do i have to wati for google?

Thanks
    It sounds like a compatibility issue. How about installing a non-touch version?
    07-14-09 01:14 PM
    I've seen posts around the blogs saying our gets the Storm version (evidently Google doesn't know the difference between 4.7.0.148 and 4.7.1.40)? I was sorta waiting around to hear more confirmation google has a proper version for Tour before trying to DL it.
    07-14-09 01:16 PM
    It works fine, you just need to know the keyboard shortcuts from previous versions to get full functionality.
    07-14-09 01:17 PM
    Use keyboard shortcuts. The ones I use:

0 - current location
    i - zoom in
    o - zoom out

That's pretty much all I use/know
    07-14-09 01:22 PM
    # - toggles between text directions and map
    * - favorites
    1 - zoom out
    3 - zoom in
    07-14-09 01:26 PM
    Most shortcuts work, but you can't press on the "See on Map" button. At least I couldn't figure this out. In any case, I think google is now recognizing Tour as a non-touch-screen device. I deleted my googlemaps, went to maps.google.com and downloaded the app again, just to discover that now I have the normal version, without those touch icons on the screen and menus designed for Storm.
    07-17-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD