u cant clear them out
    09-18-08 12:52 PM
    Oh, this Street View is sweet! It will be much more useful when all locations are available, but until then, I am really enjoying using it to walk around the streets of my beloved New York City. If I have to live on the other side of the country, at least I can visit daily with Street View
    09-18-08 02:06 PM
    Try getting directions from these two points. 245 W 52nd St, New York, 10019; and 200 W. 56th St, New York 10019. Then select Show Directions, then #, then 8 for street view. Note that you can enlrage the image by hitting your menu key and selecting Expand. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by cathlene1; 09-18-08 at 02:11 PM.
    09-18-08 02:08 PM
    I am in Baltimore and not working as well for me.

I imagine that you need to be at an exact location?

Can someone provide me with an exact item that you entered into the search that will provide the street view?
    Try getting directions from these two points 245 W 52nd St, New York, 10019; and 200 W. 56th St, New York 10019.. Then select Show Directions, then #, then 8 for street view. Note that you can enlrage the image by hitting your menu key and selecting Expand. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by cathlene1; 09-18-08 at 02:22 PM.
    09-18-08 02:09 PM
    Thanks - looking at it now!
    09-18-08 02:41 PM
    Do you have to uninstall the old version to get the new one to install? I go to the url's listed and I get no download options on my bb.
    09-18-08 08:11 PM
    Do you have to uninstall the old version to get the new one to install? I go to the url's listed and I get no download options on my bb.
    you going to Google Maps ? or m.google.com ?
    09-18-08 08:21 PM
    I'm assuming you need a GPS for this????
    09-18-08 08:22 PM
    you going to Google Maps or m.google.com ?
    I go to both and neither get me to a download. This happened last time when I upgraded to 2.2.2. I had to wait until someone posted a link to the actual download for it.

Any ideas? I have my browser set for Internet Browser, cleared my cache and such and still no luck.
    09-18-08 08:27 PM
    I got it to work. I had to set my browsers emulation to bb. It was on IE.
    09-18-08 08:39 PM
    Well if you are on verizon and got this to work, good for you. I know 6 of us in Atlanta and we can't get to load on any device, i.e. 8830, 8330, pearls.
    get to website and it comes up in some language other than english. If you wait get error that says:
    google maps, not supported on this research in motion device.
    I and 2 others have done every kind of reboot, still doesn't load. any ideas!!!!!!!
    09-19-08 06:47 AM
    i have the same problem on bb9000 (bold). even a soft resest did not solve the problem.
    so, my working version of gmm is away, and now i have no maps on the bb.
    any solution out there?
    thank you in advance.
    09-19-08 08:19 AM
    wait a minute.. So the street view is like... LIVE feed?
    No. It's a pre-recorded view (i.e. a person and/or vehicle drives/walks and records their journey, then the images are uploaded as a sort of slideshow to give the effect of 'live' imagery).

Of course this is just a meaning from off the top of my head and not the exact definition of how this is done.

Do You BlackBerry?
    09-19-08 09:25 AM
    Any updates on the voice search problem? Anyone get it to work?
    09-19-08 09:25 AM
    I'm assuming you need a GPS for this????
    No. Just like BB maps and the older Google Maps, it uses signal triangulation to give you a rough estimate of your 'approximate position'.

If you have a BB that has GPS or a GPS puck, then you will get more accurate results.

I'm thinking about getting the Voyager GPS Keychain.

Do You BlackBerry?
    09-19-08 09:32 AM
    Well if you are on verizon and got this to work, good for you. I know 6 of us in Atlanta and we can't get to load on any device, i.e. 8830, 8330, pearls.
    get to website and it comes up in some language other than english. If you wait get error that says:
    google maps, not supported on this research in motion device.
    I and 2 others have done every kind of reboot, still doesn't load. any ideas!!!!!!!
    Ledzep59, I am using a Curve on Verizon and the app works fine for me, this is the 3rd verison of Google Maps I am running; meaning, every time a new version comes out I upgrade to that one and I've never had any issues with it with the exception of "transit" directions. "Driving" directions and "walking" directions works fine for me.
    09-19-08 09:38 AM
    Maybe I did something wrong here. It shows Google Maps 2.3.1 in my apps list. I open it up and its giving me my location to within 5000 meters? It used to be 1500. The old Maps wasn't very close but it was close enough that I could use it to navigate. This new one is not even close at all. It is showing my location as the total other side of town. The old one was just a few blocks off. This is like a half mile or more off.

I know without GPS on VZW it is just using the cell towers, but my location went from bad to really really bad with the new one.
    09-19-08 10:12 AM
    Is any one else having the problems I'm having??? It works good EXCEPT that it is using cell towers and not my gps...so its not really close to where I am, I have a 8310 so it should be spot on like the older version was, it gets me within 1000 meters and then says waiting for GPS and never finds me??? Then it'll say GPS currently unavailable & I cut bb maps on and its dead on???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 10:34 AM
    Dumb question but how do u update google maps. I have the recent one but the maps r out of date by a couple of years so am i doing something wrong or is it google themselves?

Thanks

David
    09-24-08 09:01 PM
    I have a downloaded copy of Google maps on my computer. Is there a way a I can transfer it to my BB and use it? It is a .jad file so desktop manager will not let me transfer it as an application. Thanks for the help.
    09-29-08 05:45 AM
    Can anybody upload or email me a copy of Blackberry Google maps version 2.3.1? please... I have been searching for hours and cant find it, Google no longer offers it... their newer version seems to used triangular tower locations instead of cellphone internal gps. My email address is eddiendawood AT yahoo DOT com

THANK YOU!
    11-07-09 10:39 AM
    I cant help with the old version, but I can assure you that the newest version does use GPS to triangulate position on both my 8330 and 9630. If your phone wont connect to gps then it rolls back to tower triangulation.
    11-07-09 11:26 AM
    The latest version works fine with an internal GPS or at least it does on my Bold with 4.6 and 5.0. Does Bing work? In Bing you do have to tell it to use the internal GPS.
    11-07-09 01:07 PM
    Works fine on my internal GPS as well with latest version, and my Tour
    11-07-09 02:32 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD