the current google maps for bb is great - i use it over bb maps and sprint nav
    It is but it would have been nice to have the same features like the android phone has those features would have been a great addon for the BB's
    12-10-09 11:50 PM
    i want to see Google Map Navigation in our BB too. When do you think they will release to BB like Google Map software? maybe 1 year?
    12-11-09 12:06 AM
    i think this feature would be exclusively available on Android Devices,Google wouldn't release it for non Android Platforms.
    12-11-09 07:59 AM
    i think this feature would be exclusively available on Android Devices,Google wouldn't release it for non Android Platforms.
    There are free gps nav for BB, see this guy's blog Blackberry GPS Software and Reviews

Among the list Gokivo and Amaze GPS are no longer free. Nav4All is free but will start charge by end of this month.
    12-11-09 02:09 PM
    The only free one still available seems to be LifeInPocket, and I didn't like the look of it. I prefer to see maps instead of just arrows.
    12-11-09 04:22 PM
    All the above apps you are commenting on (GPS Logger, Amaze, even BB Maps) DO not cover me at all.. I am an ex Symbian and WM user and you can check out the nav software that exist for those platforms... Even Nokia maps is more precise and user friendly than BB Maps and also does have navigation.. Not to mention WM (iPhone is at the same level) where there are more than 3-4 really high quality apps!! RIM has to do something on it so that Garmin is not the only good player on that field..
    12-12-09 02:14 AM
    I have Google Maps on my phone mobile.google . com that should take care of that need. Peace

I was watching tv and saw the commercial for google map navigation free turn by turn directions. The new android phone will have this in use. My question is when will this cool feature come to blackberry because it is needed.

Side note the 9700 does not impress me I love the size of the 9000 it stood out now the 9700 just blends in with the rest ogf the pack.o
    12-14-09 03:51 PM
    "I was watching tv and saw the commercial for google map navigation free turn by turn directions. The new android phone will have this in use. My question is when will this cool feature come to blackberry because it is needed."

I felt the same way. That's how I ended up here to see if there was any word Google would release this for BB. I use Google maps already and like it, but audio turn-by-turn directions would be awesome. Doubly awesome for free!
    01-06-10 09:07 PM
    honestly think that if it makes it to BB it would be slow and pre historic. Just a feeling.
    01-06-10 11:44 PM
    maybe on a 8130 it would be slow and prehistoric in your words, on a storm2 it would run flawless I would think.
    02-15-10 10:43 PM
    Highly doubt anytime soon. Since its an android feature and selling point I don't think they're in a hurry to release it for BB or other platform. I'd say when the holidays are over and when the hype starts to level out then I'm sure well hear something. Maybe in about 6 months

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1. don't think it will be available to platforms other than the Android.
    02-15-10 11:19 PM
    I am a fan of Google in general, and I don't really believe this. It makes sense that they develop it for, and release it on, their own platform first, of course. But I think they are open enough to be innovators and share those innovations.

Now I'm just hoping they release it sooner rather than later. I actually think Google Buzz may be something that drives that release. I think they want everyone using Buzz, and an added feature of Buzz on Android platforms is integration with Maps - to Buzz your location. It wouldn't surprise me if a new version of Maps for BB (including voice navigation) coincides with Google Buzz for BB.

02-16-10 12:25 AM
    Google makes money from volume. They want everybody using their products.

BB versions will always release later simply because google apps will begin production in a manner which will release to as many devices as possible as soon as possible. By beginning their production on android phones, porting the code to other devices is a relatively simple matter... except for BlackBerry devices. Porting to Java from a different language is not a simple matter, whereas porting from Android to iPhone or WinMo phones can often be a simple matter of using a different compiler and some minor re-coding.
    02-16-10 01:23 AM
    Im on the fence about blackberry/android because of the free features android provides the users. I cant believe how much stuff was free in their marketplace and how simple they were to use vs blackberrys app world is garbage in terms of usability and whats available. I have my brand new droid for sale but im still hesitant because i feel like blackberry wont get something as nice as their navigator on berry os
    02-17-10 09:44 AM
    Google makes money from volume. They want everybody using their products.

BB versions will always release later simply because google apps will begin production in a manner which will release to as many devices as possible as soon as possible. By beginning their production on android phones, porting the code to other devices is a relatively simple matter... except for BlackBerry devices. Porting to Java from a different language is not a simple matter, whereas porting from Android to iPhone or WinMo phones can often be a simple matter of using a different compiler and some minor re-coding.
    Aren't Android apps also written in Java?
    02-20-10 07:49 AM
    Aren't Android apps also written in Java?
    Initially yes, but upon the release of the Droid (or shortly before), Google released their NDK (native development kit) for developing in C/C++. Of course Google devs have always had access to this, however they've released it to the masses.
    02-20-10 12:38 PM
    Man i just want to know what RIM plans to do with the Dash acquisition. I cannot find any information on that. they've gotta be bringing some of those features to our BB's
    03-09-10 02:05 PM
    I am a fan of Google in general, and I don't really believe this. It makes sense that they develop it for, and release it on, their own platform first, of course. But I think they are open enough to be innovators and share those innovations.

Now I'm just hoping they release it sooner rather than later. I actually think Google Buzz may be something that drives that release. I think they want everyone using Buzz, and an added feature of Buzz on Android platforms is integration with Maps - to Buzz your location. It wouldn't surprise me if a new version of Maps for BB (including voice navigation) coincides with Google Buzz for BB.

Well the latest version of Google Maps has buzz and voice integreation for searching, but still no navigation? I wonder how long it is going to be before BB users see it?
    04-08-10 07:36 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD