I started developing this Google Goggles port for Blackberry a while ago and it's now at a beta stage.

The BBgoggles application has exactly the same features in principle as the Google Goggles Application for iOS/Android as it uses the same the protocol to send data to and from the servers which interpret the images.

Therefore you can take an image of an object/book/barcode/landmark/peice of text etc. and the application will return links to a google webpage containing information about that item.

You can download it OTA from the project homepage.

perplexed.github.com/BBgoggles/

If you experience any issues please log them.
    Last edited by theperplexed; 01-27-12 at 08:22 AM. Reason: New Site
    01-24-12 06:45 AM
    Probably being a little slow on the uptake, but how do you install this?

When I goto the site, I see two txt files and a folder "src". Within the folder is another folder "bbgoggles" which contains .java files.

cant see a cod or jad file to allow direct install.

Would love to help test

Thanks
    01-24-12 01:19 PM
    cant see a cod or jad file to allow direct install.
    If you head to the downloads page (github(dot)com/perplexed/BBgoggles/downloads) there's a BBgoggles.cod and BBgoggles.alx file.

Probably being a little slow on the uptake, but how do you install this?
    You have two options to install:

1. Download the javaloader.exe executable and follow the instructions on the wiki (github(dot)com/perplexed/BBgoggles/wiki).
    2. Head over to the wiki and follow the instructions for loading using the Blackberry Desktop Manager (github(dot)com/perplexed/BBgoggles/wiki/Load-Application-Using-Blackberry-Desktop-Software).
    01-24-12 01:51 PM
    Here's a link to make it easier:

https://github.com/perplexed/BBgoggles/downloads

It would be helpful and probably get more attention if you would say what the program does, what issues you're seeing and maybe a bit of your road map. Many people will not download something to their device without a good reason.
    01-25-12 06:20 AM
    It would be helpful and probably get more attention if you would say what the program does what issues you're seeing and maybe a bit of your road map.
    The BBgoggles application has exactly the same features in principle as the Google Goggles Application for iOS/Android as it uses the same the protocol to send data to and from the servers which interpret the images.

Therefore you can take an image of an object/book/barcode/landmark/peice of text etc. and the application will return links to a google webpage containing information about that item.

Here are some example screenshots of the application in action:

imageshack(dot)us/g/94/screen20120125143114.jpg/

I developed the application after I recently switched phones to a Blackberry and realised that the Google Goggles Application was not available on this platform. The elements of the application which send images and receive the response are fully functional but I am having issues with design of the UI. I would be grateful if there are any other developers who would be interested in working on this area of the project and testers who would be able to evaluate the user interface on other models. The application is designed for JRE6.0+ but this is primarily due to user interface components and there is no reason why it could not be made compatible with previous JREs.

Apologies for any confusion.
    01-25-12 10:21 AM
    It freezes on 'interpretting response'
    08-06-12 12:13 AM
    Would like to run this but I don't consider myself to be technically sound. Would this be easy for a layman to install and run?
    08-08-12 01:10 PM
    Same outcome here.
    08-08-12 02:22 PM
    I'll like to see this come about and more than happy to beta it, when the installation is easier.
    08-08-12 02:41 PM

Can you fix it?
    09-18-12 05:15 PM
    Works perfectly on my bold 9780.. it was extremely easy to install and very smooth and flawless to operate
    11-29-12 09:02 PM
    I'll like to see this come about and more than happy to beta it, when the installation is easier.
    installation is very easy, no tricks needed, go on and try
    11-29-12 09:03 PM
    My it seems to freeze on 'interpretting response'. I'm using a 9320 Curve. I can tab to other places, but the Goggles goes no further sorry.
    11-30-12 01:42 PM
    Freezes on "interpreting response" here as well on my BB 9810, but it looks very promising so thank you @theperplexed! Hope it gets better with an update!
    12-02-12 01:11 PM
    Will this App also work with BB Playbook
    OS Ver: 2.1.0.1314
    01-24-13 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD