Just curious to see if anyone has got this new BIS feature working yet. It has me stumped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 09:59 PM
    Mine is working but I am in Australia.

First of all make sure you have 5.0. Go to email settings to manage your.bis account from your phone then delete the gmail account and add it again.

It should take you to a second window where it asks you for wireless sync and contact sync.

There may be a an easier option but this is what I have done.

10-03-09 10:53 PM
    I'm running 5.0.0.230 right now. The delete/add theory is a good one (that I already tired) as it usually solves all of life's email problems. No-go this time, though. There's supposed to be a check box on the BIS management webpage, but I get no check box; there's supposed to be 'Google Mail' (or something) under Contacts' options, but all I have is "Default."

I'm wondering if maybe Verizon did something with their BIS (if they even could) that disabled the feature until 5.0 is 'official.'?
    10-03-09 11:19 PM
    Hopefully there will be other verizon usere here that can confirm if its Woking or not for them.

Did you delete/add from your phone?

10-03-09 11:45 PM
    Phone and BIS site. Tried resending service books and a battery pull for good measure.

10-03-09 11:58 PM
    Not working for me either I am on Verizon with same issues there is no check box

10-04-09 01:11 AM
    Not working for me, sent svc books twice already.
    10-04-09 02:42 AM
    Will this do anything differently than Google Sync has done for a while? Google Sync has done such a great job at this I'm really afraid to try this new feature.
    10-04-09 03:31 AM
    It'll do the same thing, and google sync does calendar too. But I can't get google sync working on 5.0.

10-04-09 11:28 AM
    It'll do the same thing, and google sync does calendar too. But I can't get google sync working on 5.0.

That's interesting. I upgraded to .230 for a few days and Google Sync worked just fine for me. I don't particularly care for the OS but that was definitely not one of my problems. I wouldn't have carried it for the two days I had it if it was.
    10-04-09 12:24 PM
    I think that my backup is bad. I haven't tried to track down another .cod yet as I've been getting along fine without it so far.

10-04-09 12:28 PM
    Mine is working but I am in Australia.

First of all make sure you have 5.0. Go to email settings to manage your.bis account from your phone then delete the gmail account and add it again.

It should take you to a second window where it asks you for wireless sync and contact sync.

There may be a an easier option but this is what I have done.

What's your settings? Mine has a loop that keeps adding contacts.

I tried turning duplicate contacts off, but didn't help.

I'm on 238 btw
    10-04-09 12:34 PM
    carrier has nothing to do with BIS/BES settings...all they do is confirm provisioning a la features on your account. RIM checks against those to ensure you're only getting service books for what you pay for

if anyone is restricting/enabling access to this feature, it might be RIM...but i doubt they'd enable/disable per carrier
    10-04-09 05:32 PM
    I think that my backup is bad. I haven't tried to track down another .cod yet as I've been getting along fine without it so far.

I have a working google sync .cod file attached to post 331 of the FULL .230 findings and fixes thread.
    10-04-09 08:39 PM
    Mine is working, but I need to sync 4-5 times to success
    10-04-09 08:47 PM
    mine is not working on my storm 230, nor is it working on my friends tour.

10-04-09 08:51 PM
    What's your settings? Mine has a loop that keeps adding contacts.

I tried turning duplicate contacts off, but didn't help.

I'm on 238 btw
    Hi Racca,

I just deleted and added the gamil in my BIS account.

I am with Vodafone "obvioulsy" but did not do anything appart from upgrade to 5.0

I did not come across the contact problem though and it syncs perfectly. in fact after this is done the sync thingy comes up in enterprise activation.

The only problem I find with it is that it syncs all contacts rather then just the "my contacts" like with google Sync.

I have to use googe sync for my calendar though so this is not really any big improvement.

hopefully google will push a full sync with gmail but again that would probably mean they are threatening the BES business.
    10-04-09 11:30 PM
    Looks like VZW's BIS 2.8 features aren't active somehow... patches, do you think there'd be a way for them to anti-provision devices? I understand they don't control BIS, but they do control what the device can see, right?
    10-04-09 11:59 PM
    well this is what i cound and still can't find what they are talking about

Note: Depending on your messaging service plan, this feature might not be supported.
    On the BlackBerry� Internet Service web site, in the left pane, click Email Accounts.
    Click the Edit icon beside your Google Mail� email address.
    Select the Contacts check box.
    Click Save.
    After you finish: To stop synchronizing your contacts, clear the Contacts check box.
    Parent topic: Synchronizing contacts
    Related concepts

About synchronizing contacts
    Copyright 2009 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved.

still missing something
    10-05-09 02:09 AM
    I think the universal (for verizon) situation is that there is no contacts box to check on the BIS site.

10-05-09 02:13 AM
    well seems like Telus is having the same issue...
    10-05-09 02:24 AM
    I wish we could sync calendar and contacts, and get enhanced GMail on the messages window. But alas, its not a perfect world yet.
    10-05-09 02:30 AM
    No checkbox on Rogers BIS either. I don't particularly need this feature though, but it's still nice to have options.
    10-05-09 09:01 AM
    So... maybe BIS 2.8 is a bust? It doesn't seem as if RIM's touted added features are in place. Maybe the boys in Canada haven't flipped the switch yet?

10-05-09 10:12 AM
    Verizon, 5.230, did all the typical BIS upgrade acrobatics (service books, delete and readd, etc.).

Still no BIS based Google Contact Sync checkbox here.
    10-13-09 05:26 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD