Hey all,

Anyone using Google Calendar Sync? I'm finding that when I change something on my BB calendar, and then sync, it doesn't change anything on my google calendar. Even the report says "nothing changed".

What am I doing wrong?
    06-10-08 01:54 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Some items on my Google Calendar won't show up on my Blackberry Curve (VZW), and some items on my Blackberry won't show up on my Google Calendar. I also noticed that when I sync using Google Sync some calendar items are duplicated on the device.

Anyone know how to resolve these issues?
    06-13-08 06:49 AM
    I'm having the same problem. It started two nights ago with my wife's pearl and now my 8830 won't upload either. I can't get past the "starting sync" portion of the upload. It just hangs...

Usually I would either just log out of the app or do a battery pull and that would fix the problem. Neither have worked this time. I even re-sent my service books which made no difference.

Anyone else having this problem or can you think of anything else I can try?
    06-14-08 10:23 AM
    You could also try goosync instead.

GooSync Home Page

I have also used it on Palm and a plain jane RAZR V3xx.
    Last edited by jaydee547; 06-15-08 at 11:25 AM.
    06-15-08 11:22 AM
    I was just looking at the GooSync site and the free version allows you to only sync events 30 days in advance. I need it to be able to sync dates much further than that.

I know I'm going to sound cheap, but after the conversion to Can $ the software will cost about $31.00 for the premium version. Too much for me since I'm only interested in the calendar portion.

Regardless of the price I'd rather find out why my BB won't sync with my Google calendar anymore. It worked fine until a few days ago.
    06-15-08 10:50 PM
    Yea ditto! I've been having problems!

It was giving me a "server error" problem for a day or so.

Na I'll pas on GooSync, like coryl28 I need more than 30 days advance!
    06-16-08 12:04 AM
    Usually it seems to work fine, then sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes when you sync something manually, it can still take a half hour or so to make the change.
    06-16-08 09:07 PM
    I was having trouble with mine not syncing, and someone on here suggested pulling out my battery, and popping it back in. It worked like a charm!
    06-17-08 09:36 AM
    I was having trouble with mine not syncing, and someone on here suggested pulling out my battery, and popping it back in. It worked like a charm!
    Unfortunately that isn't the permanent fix. It will always stop syncing and will require a soft reset or battery pull.
    06-17-08 09:42 AM
    Unfortunately that isn't the permanent fix. It will always stop syncing and will require a soft reset or battery pull.
    And unfortunately for me, that wasn't even a temporary fix. It made no difference at all.
    06-17-08 11:12 AM
    I've had the problem a few more times. I think i might keep my sync as automatic and it'll sort it whenever it can.
    06-17-08 10:46 PM
    MAybe the problem is on the Google side. Today I had problems with my iGoogle calendar gadget not showing events.
    06-18-08 10:09 AM
    I've had the problem a few more times. I think i might keep my sync as automatic and it'll sort it whenever it can.
    I had mine set to automatic too. Didn't make a difference.
    06-18-08 07:23 PM
    I am a fellow Verizon user and I cannot get Google Sync to work. I have wondered if has something to do with my enterprize activation, like maybe my company has this option blocked. The Google Talk app works just fine, but Sync and Gmail won't work at all.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to try. I've tried pulling the battery, using my full gmail address . . . .

Hey all,

Anyone using Google Calendar Sync? I'm finding that when I change something on my BB calendar, and then sync, it doesn't change anything on my google calendar. Even the report says "nothing changed".

What am I doing wrong?
    06-19-08 11:24 AM
    I haven't had any problems with it, I would agree with CharlieJ66 sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't

mhmcintyre - check your settings in your Gmail account on the computer to see if IMAP or POP is on, and try switching from one to the other. try reinstalling the Google applications, that is probably the last resort, but could work.
    06-19-08 12:27 PM
    Similar issues. Changes I make in Google Calendar instantaneously show up on my Pearl. But changes on my Pearl are NOT making it to my Google Calendar (forgot an appt yesterday because it didn't sync right--annoying). Who is responsible for this? Blackberry? Google? I have no idea who to report this issue to. This is the primary reason I switched to a Blackberry, for the Google sync capability (that, and because my Palm 700wx was garbage). Ditto on the tries to help it: battery pull, reinstalling don't help. I'm fearful to do the "resync", as it threatens to wipe out my BB calendar, which would then lose the items I have there that haven't made it to the Google Cal.
    06-19-08 02:51 PM
    I'm having the same problems. I hope someone can help!
    06-19-08 04:25 PM
    I've been fighting this all afternoon and finally got it to work (crossing fingers).

I tried reinstalling, pulling battery, etc. I even deleted and reinstalled Google sync earlier in the day, but it didn't work.

I don't know if it just worked with no reason or if I finally hit the right sequence.
    Here's what I did.

Cleared the calendar on my BB.
    Pulled the battery.
    Restarted.
    Synced.

Created a new appt on my BB, resynced, checked Google and it was there.

I'm afraid to test it again for fear if it doesn't work I'll throw either my BB or my laptop through the wall.

Good luck all!
    Paul
    06-22-08 10:59 PM
    I had similar issues. Signed out and signed back in. Voila. Must need to have the pipes blown out occasionally.
    06-23-08 09:35 AM
    Just a thought, I was having problems syncing google calander with my BB. Appointments were missing from my BB but in google calendar.

Open google sync, press menu key, select options and check that the 'Sync events for next 24 weeks' is selected.
    Mine was defaulted to 4 weeks, so no wonder my appointments weren't showing up!
    06-30-08 08:36 AM
    Hey all,

What am I doing wrong?
    I've got the exact same issue. I've got a 8330 Curve on Sprint. Any changes on the Google Calender side move right over to my BB. Any changes on BB side don't move to Google Calender. Almost like it's one way not bi-directional.
    08-04-09 09:57 PM
    I have no problems syncing, works great,too!But I have one little thing: if I enter a meeting on my BB Calendar and ask it to remind me of it at 0 min or 15, it will delete the reminder once the syncing is finished. So I put a 30 min ahead reminder and fix it. It sometimes still deletes reminders but most of the times is accurate.
    08-05-09 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD