I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to make these apps work with each other. I would like to use Google Calendar sync with Outlook. Ideally, Google Sync BB would be able to take any changes I made to Outlook and then sync with my BB. This would be like the poo man's BES. However, Google Sync for BB does not seem to like it when it detects that another application (albeit a Google one) is making changes to Google calendar. I wonder if there is anyway to make these two apps play nice with each other?
    03-24-09 02:20 PM
    I have the exact same issue with Google Sync and Lotus Notes. Whenever I sync, Google Sync sees the events added by Lotus Notes and says they are events added by another 3rd party app and refuses to sync them to my Google Calendar.

How useless...that's the whole point in syncing.

Google really needs to fix this issue and sync these "3rd party" app events to my Google Calendar.
    03-24-09 02:27 PM
    I have Outlook with my employer, I created a Google calendar to syn with the Outlook from my employer. I then have the Google calendar sync with my BB. After the initial setup, it works flawlessly and without anything from me.

I have an 8330 and it is running 4.3.
    03-24-09 02:31 PM
    I have Outlook with my employer, I created a Google calendar to syn with the Outlook from my employer. I then have the Google calendar sync with my BB. After the initial setup, it works flawlessly and without anything from me.

Very interesting because Google Sync for BB says that it detects a 3rd party adding events to the Google calendar so it wont sync those evetns to my BB. I wonder what you that was different than me???
    03-24-09 03:23 PM

Wow, all of the events you created by Outlook which get synced to your BB then get synced to your Google calendar? Did you do any syncing to your BB calendar using the Blackberry Desktop Manager before using Google sync?

I synced my BB calendar from Lotus Notes using Blackberry Desktop Manager and then when I run Google sync I expect it to sync these events to my Google calendar, but instead I get "Another sync client has been adding events to the BlackBerry calendar. To avoid duplicates Google Sync will not keep these events up to date".
    03-24-09 05:39 PM
    I simply downloaded google calendar sync to my laptop following this link:

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

I also added google sync to my BB using this link:

Google Mobile - Sync

Now I can add events either on blackberry or outlook. I never log into google calendar. I do not use desktop manager at all, like I said once I set it up it runs automatically.
    03-24-09 07:25 PM
    If you have 10 bucks burning a hole in your pocket, try gSyncit. www.daveswebsite.com. One time charge and constantly updated. Its more or less everything Google Calendar Sync for pc could or should be. Syncs Contacts and cal from as many diff gmail or G Apps accounts as you like w Outlook. Works flawslessly for me w Google Sync for bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 07:50 PM
    Now I am totally confused. I did exactly what you said and get the error described by Dilbert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 07:50 PM
    I've given up on Google Sync. I even found a number of posts over in Google's forums with this exact same issue and the resolutions that some try don't work for me at all.

This is one terrible piece of software. It is not "beta", it's more like "alpha". I would warn strongly before using it. I ran it and it deleted all appointments more than 2 weeks old, but then it sends out cancellation emails to everyone who was invited to the meeting!

This was quite embarrasing to have over 100 emails sent out to people in my company about the cancellation of a meeting that occurred 2 weeks ago!

Google needs to fix this piece of junk before I'll ever try it again.
    03-25-09 06:54 AM
    sorry you guys are having an issue with it. I wish I could help you more but I can't. Like I said before, I have never had a problem.
    03-25-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD