Perhaps someone can solve this one for me.
    The ONE person over at the BB/RIM forums doesn't seem to "get it"...

My wife and I each have a Google Calendar.
    I've set them up so we can both see the others events on our calendars.
    I've downloaded Google Sync to both phones.

Now, Google Sync pulls events from both calendars as it should.

The problem is that I want to color code events. One color for me and another for the wife.

It was suggested that I create another email account via BIS and point my wife's calendar to it.
    I see no option whatsoever to do such a thing. Not on the phone, not in Sync, and not in Google Calendar.

Has anyone found a way to set things up so I can see my wife's calendar on my phone AND have it color coded to separate her events from mine?

I know I can add her email address to my phone via BIS, but I don't want her emails and she doesn't want mine...
    06-07-09 07:05 PM
    I've been trying to figure this out for a while, myself; I have a 'business' calendar and a 'personal' calendar with gCal and I would like them to have separate colors on my BB (like they do in gCal) but so far it's a no go without the BB reading them separately. The BB seems unable to pick apart the gCal feed (or whatever), and to be honest, I'm not perfectly clear on how the BB 'gets' the feed - i.e. from adding the email address or from the presence of GoogleSync.

A work around, perhaps, would be to add the email accounts and set up a filter in BIS that would prevent messages from coming to you. However, I don't think GoogleSync will support multiple account provisioning - e.g. I'm not sure it will let you sync BOTH account calendars.
    06-07-09 10:03 PM
    I ended up having to do the poor man's fix and on my calendar entries, my name prefaces the entry and the same with hers. Not the best, but until another solution comes along, this is what I'll do.
    06-08-09 01:34 AM
    There is now way to do that...Google sync puts everything on one calendar when it syncs to your BB...
    06-08-09 05:28 AM
    I'm not sure it will let you sync BOTH account calendars.
    It does if you have shared calendars in gCal, it just doesn't color-code them on the BB.
    Which is the whole point of this thread...
    06-08-09 08:55 AM
    I wish Google would create a native BB gCal app, like they did with Gmail, that would be great
    06-08-09 09:38 AM
    I guess there's still no way? Blast!
    06-10-09 03:39 PM
    Bump...in case anyone has found a solution to the color-coding issue.
    07-09-09 04:34 PM
    There is now way to do that...Google sync puts everything on one calendar when it syncs to your BB...
    Yep. You can download multiple google calendars, but they all go into one calendar.
    07-09-09 04:40 PM
    Yep. You can download multiple google calendars, but they all go into one calendar.
    Ok, here's my question and my theory. I have not tried it but i am going to, and i was wondering if anyone has attempted this set up before. I have two seperate google accounts each with its own calendar. Each of those calendars syncs via Google Calendar Sync (the desktop software) to two different desktop calendars (one being my work calendar and one being my personal). The two way sync between desktop and google is working flawlessly.
    Now i am going to try to sync those calendars to my BB via Google sync on my Curve. I know that there is an option in Google sync (bb) to choose which calendar to sync. I know that all the events will show up in my default calendar, but with different colors depending on which google calendar the event coincides with.
    My question is, will google sync keep those calendars seperate? if the appointment is assigned to a specific calender on the BB and google sync is only syncing a specific calendar will it pull the appointments from the other calendar on the bb?
    07-21-09 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD