I can't seem to find this answer and am hoping someone can help. I should mention I am pretty tech stupid.

I've been using Google Calendar which is great on my compute but the Calendar option that came with the BB>

I'm trying to sync the Google Calendar to my BB and I'm having trouble.

Add to that that I have two email accounts with AOL (yes I know, dumb) and one gmail account.

I have downloaded the google desktop for my pc, and it seems to "sync" but I can't see my gmail account or google calendar on my BB>

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help people.
    Dave
    12-16-09 01:37 AM
    12-16-09 02:28 AM
    You say you have downloaded the google desktop sync (to sync your PC calendar with your google calendar account) but have you also downloaded the google sync blackberry app to your phone? This app is needed to sync your google calendar to your blackberry calendar.
    12-16-09 08:50 AM
    Yes, you need to install Google Sync on your phone. go to m.google.com/sync in you BB browser and install.
    12-16-09 09:10 AM
    maybe that is why I couldn't sync with outlook?
    I only had the google sync app on my device.
    When I did a usb sync with outlook, it wouldn't sync as google wasn't the default calendar....
    Thoughts?
    12-16-09 09:17 AM
    I use Google Calendar from my gmail account as my database between the desktop Outlook and BB, and haven't plugged the BB into the PC to sync in many months (I use a cradle charger to save wear and tear on the BB USB port). Works nearly flawlessly. As the PP said, you instal the desktop and BB Sync apps - BTW I do not use the Google Calendar on the BB - that takes constant online connection and battery, and is redundant tot he BB Calendar. I set the BB Google Sync for update when changes made, and the PC to sync at 10 minutes. Whether I add or change an item in PC Outlook or on the BB when I'm away from my desk, the other calendar is synced a few minutes later. Only bug is when you manually sync on BB you'll get a warning that "another application has been updating the BB Calendar so duplicate entries may occur." Ignore it and sync and all is well. Auto sync has no issues, and in the real world I only do a manual sync when I want to force the BB to update the PC immediately, just impatient. Left alone it syncs in background around every 15 minutes.
    12-16-09 09:19 AM
    maybe that is why I couldn't sync with outlook?
    I only had the google sync app on my device.
    When I did a usb sync with outlook, it wouldn't sync as google wasn't the default calendar....
    Thoughts?
    I'm not sure about synching with Outlook, don't use it. I've seen threads here about synching with Outlook but not sure if any of them address your problem. Have you checked any of them?

Off-topic: Like your PIN. Too bad Matsui's going to the Angels. That's a huge bat to lose.
    12-16-09 09:27 AM
    I'm not sure about synching with Outlook, don't use it. I've seen threads here about synching with Outlook but not sure if any of them address your problem. Have you checked any of them?

Off-topic: Like your PIN. Too bad Matsui's going to the Angels. That's a huge bat to lose.
    Thanks for the PIN......yeah it is...

I have searched up and down.
    I deleted the cicalc service books, etc.
    One day, with the FB update, it put everything on the FB calendar even though I never synced it with FB....go figure...
    Hard to give up outlook.....cause its always running on my workstation.....ugh...bright side is we don't use BES so my email at work is pop3. So in theory it should be easier....
    12-16-09 09:32 AM
    I'm with dontfret on the use of google calendar. I have the desktop app set to sync to outlook and not from it. I make all entries online and my BB and desktop are always up-to-date. I can't remember the last time I plugged my BB in to sync. Works really well.
    12-16-09 12:10 PM
    Thanks...right now I have it working again with online and syncing via usb......
    Syncing both ways using google on the DT will cause issues correct?
    12-16-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD