I noticed alot of confusion on here with google sync. I use my storm for personal use and do not use BB enterprise.

I have loved google sync, but it has gotten worse with the storm twice. When i went from the pearl to the Storm it started limiting the calendar to 4 weeks past and 24 weeks in the future. And it actually deleted stuff older than 4 weeks, but I found a work around for that as I need to save my calendar forever.

Now with OS 5.0 Google sync no longer works in landscape mode, and I am unable to set it up properly. So I cant use it at all. Any help would be appreciated. I wont use a cable.

Thanks

Z
    11-01-09 04:39 PM
    Hi Phazelag,

Were you able to solve your problem with syncing your defice. The reason that I ask is that I just loaded Blackberry Manager and it refuses to recognize that I have a Google calendar on my computer... Any ideas?

Doug
    11-11-09 09:18 PM
    What cant you set up properly. when i loaxed the new google sync i could not see all the calendars i had to sync once then they all showed up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 09:55 PM
    Yeah, it was a little bit of confusing but I got it. I had to make some changes but got it. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 12:15 AM
    Doug,

Desktop manager does not recognize google sync. There are a few different apps at play. Desktop manager will sync with outlook after you configure the synchronization by clicking on the synchronization icon then click synchronization again under configure on the left side. And follow the prompts. Google sync on your phone used to sync your calendar but after 5.0 it no longer works and I cant see the menus completely without downgrading to 4.7. There is also google sync for your PC that syncs your google and outlook calendars. If you have done this then syncing with your desktop calendar syncs phone and google in a round about way. But this is still stupid. All the buzz on 5.0 has been sucked out of me now that I cant do this anymore wirelessly. No progress. This like the Iphone not being able to send MMS
    11-12-09 01:36 AM
    Have you tried deleting and reinstalling GoogleSync? I'm not having any issues with GoogleSync working on 5.0 so I don't think it's a universal problem.
    11-12-09 07:00 AM
    Go into your applications in options and disable compatibility mode. That might help with the landscape thing.
    11-12-09 08:42 AM
    I have no issues using Google Sync on 5.0 to keep all my calendars in check. I have the program on the PC, pulling items off my Outlook calendar, syncing them to Google Calendar, and then back down to my Storm on 5.0, no problems here...
    11-12-09 09:54 AM
    Moving to 3rd Party Apps!
    11-12-09 09:56 AM
    No Issues. Its worked perfectly from Storm 1 to the Tour and now to the Storm 2.
    11-12-09 12:52 PM
    I can't get it to work with my storm either. I downloaded it and was all excited and then I can't even get it to go to the line to put my password in. I felt like it was because I had fat fingers but now that I see other people had the same problem my little girl fingers being too big for it didn't make sense. Anyway, I am going to try deleting it and reinstalling it.
    12-17-09 08:46 PM
    Okay I deleted it and it still didn't work... any help?
    12-17-09 08:50 PM
    Same problem here.. this is a pain in the arse.
    12-17-09 11:04 PM
    options and disable compatibility mode...This works, thanks
    12-17-09 11:07 PM
    And it actually deleted stuff older than 4 weeks, but I found a work around for that as I need to save my calendar forever.
    What workaround did you discover for keeping calendar events older than 4 weeks? I, too, am dismayed by this as I refer to my legacy events frequently.

Thanks,
    Doe
    02-02-10 10:36 PM
    What workaround did you discover for keeping calendar events older than 4 weeks? I, too, am dismayed by this as I refer to my legacy events frequently.

Thanks,
    Doe
    Any Advice Please
    My company uses BES,
    I use outlook 2007
    I can view School internet calendar in my Gaccount and outlook
    Same with Sons personal calendar.

I would like to view the calendars on my phone, I don't want the school and sons to sync with my outlook calendar as I only need to view when necessary. I also do not require to create appointments as it would probably be best if I sent him an appointment via email so he will see a change.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any and all assistance.
    03-24-10 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD