Try clearing out all of the existing entries from your BB calendar. Then resend all of your service books. Then re-sync with Google Sync.
    I have loads of calendar entries - is there a quick way to purge them?
    06-09-10 03:22 PM
    Calendar purged and service books sent. My suspicion is that Google sync only show the default calendar may be the problem.
    06-09-10 04:02 PM
    Actually, I purged the calendar by going into DM and 'backup restore','advanced' and then cleared the calendar database. I've then tried to do a one way sync to load calendar data back from outlook onto BB and nothing has come across. Any ideas?
    06-09-10 04:13 PM
    Sorted that....got the calendar back....just the sync issue to sort now
    06-09-10 04:19 PM
    Right, I can now see 2 calendars in Google sync which I've selected for sync. I've selected my Google work calendar to 'add handheld events to'. I've done a sync, but both calendars have merged onto the personal calendar on the device. Any thoughts?
    06-10-10 02:06 AM
    This is such a known issue... You can get as many calendars as you like from google but they all sync to the default bb calendar (thus being with the same color).

I really want to know what cdicesare2002 has done thou, since he said he can sync different calendars to diferent 'colors'.
    06-10-10 09:37 AM
    So what's the logic behind Google offering multiple calendar sync in device options?
    06-10-10 05:15 PM
    Don't ask me why they didn't build it like we want it. I don't see how this can be hard...

Google Calendar "Company 1" < > BlackBerry Calendar "[email protected]" (red)
    Google Calendar "Company 2" < > BlackBerry Calendar "[email protected]" (red)
    Google Calendar "Fun" < > BlackBerry Calendar "[email protected]" (green)
    Google Calendar "Kids" < > BlackBerry Calendar "[email protected]" (blue)
    Google Calendar "Default" < > BlackBerry Calendar "[email protected]" (blue)

This can't be that hard to implement!

Still... let's hope cdicesare2002posts back with his settins and they get us what we long for.
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-10-10 at 08:47 PM.
    06-10-10 08:45 PM
    So near, yet so far.....any further development on this guys?
    06-11-10 05:13 PM
    I've given the Bold a fair crack of the whip, believing it to be a superlative organiser. I've had an iphone too and have to say that the iphone wins hands down in this category. Whilst the BB is a more robust, no frills phone, how can something so conceptually simple be so awkward?
    06-14-10 02:57 AM
    Well, I'm sure under BES we would have a better time... But the poor BIS users we are, we gotta wait till somebody down in Google decides to fix this.
    06-14-10 11:14 AM
    Well, I'm sure under BES we would have a better time... But the poor BIS users we are, we gotta wait till somebody down in Google decides to fix this.
    Not gonna happen, let me try to 'splain:

First the limitations:
    1) BB sets the color based on calendars [CICAL] that it knows of, which is based on an email address.
    2) Google Synch will synchronize just one Gmail account with your BB.

Then the example:
    3) [email protected] is your acct that the BB and Google Sync know about, you can choose any color that you want.
    4) [email protected] is a calendar you want to display on your BB calendar screen(s).
    5) [email protected] is a sports calendar you want to display on your BB calendar screen(s) also.

Now
    - You setup Google Sync to display your calendar, and the Group calendars.
    - Google Sync has to update the BB, using it's limitations, to display calendar entries. It only has one way, and that is to use [email protected], since it is the only thing they both know about.
    - Your BB then uses the color that you set, (outside of Google's knowledge), to display those consolidated entries.

FWIW, hope this makes sense...
    06-14-10 01:52 PM
    So, with no ability to sync to 2 Google calendars, is it possible to do a 2 way sync BB calendar to Google and the other to MS Outlook without merging?
    06-14-10 02:18 PM
    Not gonna happen, let me try to 'splain:

First the limitations:
    1) BB sets the color based on calendars [CICAL] that it knows of, which is based on an email address.
    2) Google Synch will synchronize just one Gmail account with your BB.

Then the example:
    3) [email protected] is your acct that the BB and Google Sync know about, you can choose any color that you want.
    4) [email protected] is a calendar you want to display on your BB calendar screen(s).
    5) [email protected] is a sports calendar you want to display on your BB calendar screen(s) also.

Now
    - You setup Google Sync to display your calendar, and the Group calendars.
    - Google Sync has to update the BB, using it's limitations, to display calendar entries. It only has one way, and that is to use [email protected], since it is the only thing they both know about.
    - Your BB then uses the color that you set, (outside of Google's knowledge), to display those consolidated entries.

FWIW, hope this makes sense...
    Yes, it makes sence and is in compliance with what I mentioned a few posts before. Check it and you'll find I even propose an easy solution ot the issue.

What I ment is, BES users might have a better time with differenc calendars and OTA sync.
    06-14-10 08:25 PM
    Sigh....ah well iphone 4 beckons....
    06-17-10 02:07 PM
    I would recommend the Nexus One, that phone kicks ***!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 02:09 PM
    I'd stick with the 9700 if I could crack this calendar....didn't you say that you'd got it sorted? How?
    06-17-10 02:31 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD