Hi all,

Firstly, is there any way to edit google calendar entries within the browser on the 9700? Unless I'm doing something wrong, it seems you can add events but not edit them, specifically event times (this is something that I could do on the iphone that I had previously).

Failing that, I need 2 calendars, one on outlook that I currently sync with my device work calendar and the other I want to sync google to a second calendar on my device. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Paul
    06-05-10 01:47 AM
    Why edit Google calendar entries within the Blackberry Browser??? If you sync that Calendar with your Blackberry then you can edit those entries in your Calendar on your device.
    06-05-10 08:48 AM
    Yes, I'd be quite happy doing that. But as per my post above, how do I create a 2nd calendar on my Blackberry and sync that only with my Google calendar, leaving the other to sync only with Outlook?

Thanks,
    Paul
    06-06-10 06:49 AM
    Yes, I'd be quite happy doing that. But as per my post above, how do I create a 2nd calendar on my Blackberry and sync that only with my Google calendar, leaving the other to sync only with Outlook?

Thanks,
    Paul
    No... you said:

Failing that, I need 2 calendars, one on outlook that I ....
    That is the only time you mentioned Outlook. You said "Failing that"... you can edit your Calendar items using the Calendar, double click on the item and edit the time... you CAN edit your Calendar items, and change their times... these changes will sync with Gmail's Calendar.
    06-06-10 08:03 AM
    OK, so my first option would have been to edit the calendar online. I used to do this on an iphone and was looking to maybe repeat this on my Blackberry. But, seeing as this isn't possible then I am quite happy to go with the second option. Is there any way to do this? Forgive me, I am a numpty at all this and am really looking for a bit of guidance.

Thanks,
    Paul
    06-06-10 11:09 AM
    OK, so my first option would have been to edit the calendar online. I used to do this on an iphone and was looking to maybe repeat this on my Blackberry. But, seeing as this isn't possible then I am quite happy to go with the second option. Is there any way to do this? Forgive me, I am a numpty at all this and am really looking for a bit of guidance.

Thanks,
    Paul
    We are not communicating in the same version of English are we... YOU CAN EDIT the Calendar entries on you Blackberry by going into the Calendar icon, scroll over the calendar entry you wish to edit, CLICK on it, scroll over the time entry you wish to change, CLICK on it, change the time... close the calendar entry, SAVE IT... done... simple... do you understand how to do that???
    06-06-10 12:15 PM
    I know how to edit entries on the Blackberry calendar. I do not have BES but I do have BIS. I have set up my email on BIS and this is also my personal calendar that I sync to MS Outlook. What I need to know is how to now create a 2nd calendar on the Blackberry. Once this is done, I need to sync 1 with MS Outlook (as I do currently) and the new calendar with my Google calendar but I don't want to merge any information from one to the other. The MS Outlook calendar is a personal calendar and Google is a work calendar.
    06-07-10 02:03 AM
    Any ideas chap?
    06-08-10 06:41 AM
    Try this:

Go to Google Calendar on your PC, create an aptly-named calendar (WORK, OFFICE, whatever), manually enter your appointments to it, or import them from another calendar if you have one in Outlook, Lightning, etc., then use Google Sync on your BlackBerry and select that calendar only for sync purposes.

Finally, make sure on your BB calendar app that both calendars are differentiated by colors for easy referencing when you check appointments. Both your personal and work calendar entries will appear on your BB calendar app.
    06-08-10 01:52 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have added an email to my BIS. However, in Google sync on the device, when I try to nominate a calendar to sync with, I can only see a default calendar. Shouldn't I see 2?
    06-09-10 02:22 AM
    I think you should be able to list the "name" of the calendar you want to sync to.
    06-09-10 06:49 AM
    I've tried but all that shows up is 'default calendar' in Google sync
    06-09-10 08:17 AM
    I think the blackberry calendar application only supports one actual calendar. You will have to sync both MS Office and Google's to the same Calendar on your blackberry, like an above post says, just make them different colors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 10:21 AM
    Hmmm...I was led to believe that if I added a second email to BIS then this would create another calendar. And indeed it does - when I go into the calendar app on the BB and select menu, there is the option to select either calendar or both. But as above, in Google sync there is only the default calendar.
    06-09-10 11:42 AM
    With the emails, you can add events to the calendar specific to that account, but it is all on the same calendar. You can choose which to view with the dates and customize the color, but if you were to extract the calendar files, its all on one calendar.

As for google sync I have mine set to appear as my gmail account name. I have no problem changing.

06-09-10 11:52 AM
    Ok, I'm getting a bit nearer now. So do the entries relevant to each source, ie Google and MS Outlook merge on the BB? And if they are merged, when I sync back from BB to sources, how are they separated? Or are they? I need Google entries and Outlook entries to stay separate at source even though they're merged on the BB.
    06-09-10 12:17 PM
    Your events should stay within there allotted category i.e red default ( MS office) and green gmail. They should even automatically sync to these coordinated locations. If your gmail account is not linked to your phone then the calendar will sync to default.

When creating new events on your bb be sure to change the top drop bar to the desired email/calendar account. This allows the event to sync to these correctly. If by computer jjust add events as you would normally, they should sync to the proper color name automatically

06-09-10 12:29 PM
    Ok... jumping in here one more time... Google's Gmail has the email address how up as it's OWN email address in Blackberry's Calendar... same goes with Facebook, Hotmail and any other email address Calendar's... however, I know Nothing about Outlook... it might be a good thing for You to check out... are they assigned to an email address, or are they the default calendar... doesn't make much sense that they be the default since the default calendar is defined under Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.
    06-09-10 12:34 PM
    I'm going to junk the Outlook sync, so I'm going to upload everything on that calendar to Google. That means I'm going to sync 2 Google calendars to the BB. However it still concerns me that I'm trying to point each calendar to it's specific calendar on my device and Google sync only sees the default calendar....
    06-09-10 01:57 PM
    You will be fine with the two gmail calendars I have two on mine and both of them stay separate.

06-09-10 02:05 PM
    Nope. As I feared, I've just synced and both calendars are merged. I've tried to filter them on the BB but they are definitely merged. Ooops. Surely this is because Google sync isn't offering to sync 2 calendars. It only shows default. How do I get round this?
    06-09-10 02:33 PM
    They're merged on the device, on Google they're still separate.
    06-09-10 02:34 PM
    Let me check my settings and see what I come up with.

06-09-10 02:49 PM
    Cheers. Google sync settings seem to be the key
    06-09-10 02:56 PM
    Try clearing out all of the existing entries from your BB calendar. Then resend all of your service books. Then re-sync with Google Sync.
    06-09-10 03:18 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD