I have been trying to sync my google calendar with my blackberry 9650 and have been unsuccessful. I downloaded google sync which is supposed to sync your google calendar and it says that its syncing and that the sync is complete but then when I go to my calendar on my blackberry nothing is there. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to do this? Please help.
    05-28-10 11:51 AM
    You can't sync appointments you already have on your BB, just create new ones or whatever. It's a pain really but if you create them new or go to Google and make them there it will sync fine.
    05-28-10 12:35 PM
    You can't sync appointments you already have on your BB, just create new ones or whatever. It's a pain really but if you create them new or go to Google and make them there it will sync fine.
    I never knew that. I deleted Google Sync because I had the same issue. Thanks for the into. Maybe I should give it another try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 12:50 PM
    I just got my blackberry and dont have any appointments on it. I was trying to transfer calendar entries that I had in google to my blackberry. Everytime I sync it, it says its successful but nothing shows up in the calendar.

Does the calendar only show appointments? Basically I have holidays and birthdays on google that I'm trying to transfer over to my blackberry and they arent showing up.

Thanks for the help.
    05-28-10 12:56 PM
    That's what he is saying. Anything that was already on your calendar isn't going to sync. Only new entries either on your BlackBerry or online Google calendar.

05-28-10 02:52 PM
    That's what he is saying. Anything that was already on your calendar isn't going to sync. Only new entries either on your BlackBerry or online Google calendar.

These are new entries that I just put into my google calendar this morning

05-28-10 03:01 PM
    Interesting. Dang my wife can sync her iPhone with google so easily. Too bad it's such a pain for us
    05-28-10 04:03 PM
    It's only preexisting appointments that won't sync. What I would suggest is wipe your calendar of everything (backup via DM), download and sync with Google Sync, restore the DM backup of just your calendar, then see if it works. It might work.
    05-28-10 07:25 PM
    Interesting. Dang my wife can sync her iPhone with google so easily. Too bad it's such a pain for us
    Can she do it wirelessly?

05-29-10 08:11 AM
    It's only preexisting appointments that won't sync. What I would suggest is wipe your calendar of everything (backup via DM), download and sync with Google Sync, restore the DM backup of just your calendar, then see if it works. It might work.
    I wiped out all of my entries on my blackberry and just used google sync and it said successfully transferred 8 kB but there still isnt anything in my calendar. This is getting to be very frustrating.
    05-29-10 05:39 PM
    I dont want to revive and old thread, but I am having this same issue right now. I want to be able to sync my pre existing calendar entries into my google calendar without having to go through and manually do it. I have read of using outlook to syc to google to sync back to my bb but i do not have outlook. I have tried every way imaginable to get this to work. I have tried the above method and it doesnt seem to register the restored calendar entries as new. So I am at a loss. Any help??
    10-26-10 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD