Not sure if anyone has heard about google buzz yet. It will be added to everyone's gmail in a few days and from the looks of it will be awesome.

Think of google buzz as a slimmed down google wave integrated with gmail and add in the ability to link up with your twitter, flikr and some other accounts.

A google buzz app for our BB's is in the works, here is more info on google buzz: Google Buzz

Enjoy
    02-09-10 07:44 PM
    Just noticed this in gmail - and already integrated into google's main page on my ipod touch. Good to know about the in-progress BB app but hopefully socialscope will support it as well.

That being said I don't know how much use I'll have for it. It does seem more useful than Google Wave (which was massive fail imo).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 07:58 PM
    lol i saw that today when i checked my mail i was lke wtfbbq lol.

yeaw i thing google wave is kinda lamez... im still tryin to figure it out
    02-09-10 08:08 PM
    Just noticed this in gmail - and already integrated into google's main page on my ipod touch. Good to know about the in-progress BB app but hopefully socialscope will support it as well.

That being said I don't know how much use I'll have for it. It does seem more useful than Google Wave (which was massive fail imo).

I agree with you on that one... I have yet to find a use for google wave. I feel like google buzz will have a chance because it is built into gmail though. We shall see... I am still waiting for it to show up in my gmail!!
    02-09-10 08:11 PM
    ya they just rebranded it & tweaked some sh it, IMO. also, typical for BB to get freakin shafted with an App as usual.
    02-09-10 08:14 PM
    Should have posted this in the first place... but here is the link to the mobile app page. Google Buzz for mobile
    02-09-10 08:25 PM
    How many people have google buzz on their gmail page now? I'm impatient!
    02-09-10 08:32 PM
    I don't have it yet either. I'm really interested in trying it out.
    02-09-10 08:36 PM
    I don't have it yet either...damn
    02-09-10 09:26 PM
    Google wave is pretty useful for a variety of things. Its power has yet to be tapped.

02-09-10 09:36 PM
    How many people have google buzz on their gmail page now? I'm impatient!
    Got it on my desktop... Checking it out now.

02-09-10 09:50 PM
    i love all things google, but google wave has not impressed me. its potential is great, if you are a college student, etc, but I think buzz will be better. Although if you dont use gmail chat i dont see it being that great.
    02-09-10 11:05 PM
    I think the Mobile features of Buzz has the most potential to really make it takeoff. Just a shame the mobile features aren't available for BB yet. The Buzz Layer to google maps looks really nice.
    02-09-10 11:18 PM
    Anyone use foursquare? Looks like GBuzz Mobile will be a direct competitior! And Buzz looks more like Twitter than it does Facebook.
    02-10-10 07:31 AM
    Anyone use foursquare? Looks like GBuzz Mobile will be a direct competitior! And Buzz looks more like Twitter than it does Facebook.
    I agree buzz does look to be in competition w/ foursquare. Very similar just minus the "game" type aspect that foursquare has. That being said I have never actually used foursquare.... still waiting on my google buzz to show up!
    02-10-10 07:40 AM
    ..will be interesting to see how it blows up in popularity over the coming months
    02-10-10 02:50 PM
    it doesn't seem to export anything to other social networks! LAME!!
    02-10-10 04:11 PM
    did find out you can kind of used it on your BB. I got the email on my BB when i got a buzz message and there is a link to the conversation. Had to copy and paste, but from there it let me reply to it as well... just can't see any of my other things. Possible loophole for now
    02-10-10 05:00 PM
    or go to the mobile gmail site, the link is clickable there and shows up in another format, more dumbed down
    02-10-10 05:01 PM
    what's disappointing to me is that all the Buzz features are already implemented for Android 2.0+ and for iPhone, but Blackberry is only shown as "coming soon"...

This is on the page: Google Buzz for mobile
    02-10-10 05:46 PM
    I'm not a big fan... It's trying to be twitter I think, and twitter is better. If you dont like it there's a tiny "turn off buzz" option at the bottom of your gmail page.
    02-10-10 06:37 PM
    I'm not a big fan... It's trying to be twitter I think, and twitter is better. If you dont like it there's a tiny "turn off buzz" option at the bottom of your gmail page.
    It's not like twitter, its more like friendfeed.
    02-10-10 07:20 PM
    .... I was expecting / hoping to be able to get my twitter feed and post twitter updates from this ... its nice but I would have used it more if this was the case! grrrr
    02-10-10 09:50 PM
    To be honest with you, I gave up after a few minutes because I thought it was stupid.
    02-11-10 12:30 AM
    I'm not too excited about it yet. I've actually backed off from some of the social networking stuff as I found myself becoming a slave to some of it -- having to read every update that popped up, answering every question that surfaced or share my opinion on every topic, etc, etc. Got to be totally nuts -- so I backed off. Amazingly, my life is still good, I still have my friends and family, and although I'm not smack in the middle of every conversation and stream of thought, I'm still pretty up to date on what's going on with folks I care about.

I'll probably sit this one out and observe from a distance...
    02-11-10 12:35 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD