Hi - I have a blackberry bold and a data connection plan with vodafone australia. I have installed the gmail, google sync and google maps applications. Up until last week everything was working fine. Now none of these applications work. I get an error

"This program requires a working data connection. Please check your signal strength."

I've read a lot of forums and changed the settings everyone recommends. Nothing has worked.

Under Application Permissions I have set everything to Allow. Still nothing.

I played around with TLS proxy vs handheld. Still nothing. I have also turned firewall off.

I don't understand as I did not change any settings before it stopped working. I know my data connection is fine because the internet (on Opera mini) works fine.

Please help as I have researched everything and can't seem to fix this problem.
    10-06-08 11:04 PM
    You made no mention of a battery pull..nor did u mention reinstalling the apps.

Try removing the apps, make a back up of your device, then wipe it. Download the apps again and install them.
    10-07-08 12:56 AM
    I have tried the battery pull several times.........after changing settings etc.

I have also re-installed the apps and still no good. When I'm in wi-fi coverage the apps work fine, but they don't connect via mobile internet.

I haven't tried wiping the bold clean and starting again. I would like to explore a solution that doesn't involve that........but I guess if I get no luck I will have to.
    10-07-08 06:19 PM
    had some more time to play with this. I have my gmail account registered with vodafone blackberry service here

w w w.mobileemail .vodafone. com.au/

But this only works when I'm connected on wifi. All the google apps also work perfectly when connected on wifi.

But still no luck with the mobile internet connection. Surely it must only be some setting in terms of proxy, port, etc ??!?? If it works via wifi, there must be a way to make it work with my data plan.

my APN is vfinternet.au
    username is blank
    password is blank

do i have to set any proxy or such anywhere? Opera mini manages to connect, so why can't I set up the other connections in the same way?
    10-08-08 08:35 PM
    Hi Jack -

I have the exact same issue: BBerry curve from US, Vodafone SIM, working gprs data connection, able to browse the web, but Google Apps all say that i need a working data connection.

Have you figured it out?

Thanks!

Greg
    02-02-09 04:30 PM
    My Google Maps can't use too.
    I am in China.
    My firmware is .228.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 06:49 PM
    Me thinks its a problem with "THE NETWORK" My GMail has been down all day. But I am not in China.
    02-02-09 07:08 PM
    Got BB Curve 8520 google apps also stopped working
    10-24-09 09:21 AM
    I'm on Zain Kuwait's network, full blackberry package. I tried reinstalling the programs, updated the OS on my bold (to 4.6.0.301).
    I called the service centre, they said I had no problems with my connection from their end. Everything else works fine.
    I hope there's a solution on the way.
    10-25-09 05:57 AM
    I am in Abu Dhabi on Etisalat and my gmail app and maps have stopped working. It says i need a working data connection which i have so i am not sure what the issue is...can anyone please help!! I tried reinstalling but no use...
    10-25-09 11:22 PM
    I'm on Zain Kuwait's network, full blackberry package. I tried reinstalling the programs, updated the OS on my bold (to 4.6.0.301).
    I called the service centre, they said I had no problems with my connection from their end. Everything else works fine.
    I hope there's a solution on the way.
    Well i have the same problem and I am with Zain Kuwait and also .301... Wats the problem out here.. Happening to users all across the world?

Where are the Guru's of BB
    10-26-09 02:04 AM
    I m in france and i have the same problem
    10-26-09 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD