Does anybody know if google apps can push your email like gmail? I know they run on the same servers but I don't know if the Blackberry can recognize it as a push address. If it is possible is there a special way to set it up? If not, does anybody know if it is going to become available? Thanks.
    04-16-08 01:01 PM
    I'm not sure what it is you are asking. The question doesn't make sense. Any email address you add under your BIS account is pushed to your phone. For example, if you logged into the BIS web site and added your gmail account, it would push all email to your phone. Now if you are talking about the Gmail App that Google has for download, that is different. The Gmail App, will check at 15 min intervals for new mail if you have the app running.
    04-16-08 01:10 PM
    I think he's asking if the google app email addresses work like the regular gmail.com. Then yes it does.

To add to this question. Is there anyway to get instant email like the @blackberry.net emails? From gmail?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 02:59 PM
    You're both mistaking. GMail on the blackberry is Pushed to the phone just like the @blackberry.net email from the BIS. Every other POP & IMAP email accounts other than GMail and the BIS email address is polled every 15 minutes.

My question is whether or not Google Apps email addresses are pushed like GMail or if they're polled like other POP & IMAP accounts.
    04-16-08 04:16 PM
    Saw a thread over at Blackberry Forums that answered my question. Google Apps does in fact automatically now PUSH email to the blackberry without having to use the BIS email address (@blackberry.net). Link to the thread is:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...ogle-apps.html

I have tried this myself and my Google Apps domain email is now coming faster on my BB than on my gmail account! It is definitely instant push and is totally awesome!
    04-16-08 04:59 PM
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between @gmail.com and this "Google Apps" address you are talking about?
    04-16-08 06:14 PM
    Google Apps allows you to use all of Google's features (gmail, calendar etc) but from your own domain name. It's meant really for small businesses and allows them to control different accounts and publish websites as well. If you want more info go to Google Apps
    04-17-08 08:28 AM
    Are you using IMAP or POP to get this action?

Thx.

Saw a thread over at Blackberry Forums that answered my question. Google Apps does in fact automatically now PUSH email to the blackberry without having to use the BIS email address (@blackberry.net). Link to the thread is:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...ogle-apps.html

I have tried this myself and my Google Apps domain email is now coming faster on my BB than on my gmail account! It is definitely instant push and is totally awesome!
    06-10-08 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD