Before the last OS revision, my Google apps (Voice, Gmail, and Maps) worked perfectly. Now they are barely functional. For instance, if I open the Gmail app, I cannot type in the fields to log in. This also happens with Google Voice. I must go to MemoPad and type my login info there then copy and paste it into the fields. Once in, I can scroll or use many of the functions. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? I have tried this on three S2s.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 08:48 AM
    the only thing i saw wrong was trying to google something from the browser, it wouldn't let me hit the search button . so i got up and got on the laptop. but then again i dont use google talk.
    Last edited by joe_fresh; 11-27-10 at 09:39 AM.
    11-27-10 09:36 AM
    Before the last OS revision, my Google apps (Voice, Gmail, and Maps) worked perfectly. Now they are barely functional. For instance, if I open the Gmail app, I cannot type in the fields to log in. This also happens with Google Voice. I must go to MemoPad and type my login info there then copy and paste it into the fields. Once in, I can scroll or use many of the functions. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? I have tried this on three S2s.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My google talk wouldn't work at all. I kept getting an error message. Everything on the new OS seemed to be laggy and a fully charged phone was dead this morning after 7 hours of nonuse. I just downgraded back to .713 and my google apps are working again. I use google talk daily and couldn't live without it.
    11-27-10 10:16 AM
    My google talk wouldn't work at all. I kept getting an error message. Everything on the new OS seemed to be laggy and a fully charged phone was dead this morning after 7 hours of nonuse. I just downgraded back to .713 and my google apps are working again. I use google talk daily and couldn't live without it.
    I've got 2 S2's on 1015 and neither one has any issues with battery life. If I had a dollar for every poster here who (incorrectly) claims that the "latest" update has killed their battery, I'd be a rich man. EVERY time a new release comes out, someone says,"I had to revert to the previous OS because ".xxx" kills my battery. It's all nonsense. None of the OS's in the last year have reduced battery life in a measurable manner. It's either a setting, or the apps that you are running, 99 times out of a 100. The remaining instance, it's a defective battery. IT'S NOT THE OS.
    lssanjose likes this.
    11-27-10 10:43 AM
    I've got 2 S2's on 1015 and neither one has any issues with battery life. If I had a dollar for every poster here who (incorrectly) claims that the "latest" update has killed their battery, I'd be a rich man. EVERY time a new release comes out, someone says,"I had to revert to the previous OS because ".xxx" kills my battery. It's all nonsense. None of the OS's in the last year have reduced battery life in a measurable manner. It's either a setting, or the apps that you are running, 99 times out of a 100. The remaining instance, it's a defective battery. IT'S NOT THE OS.
    I didn't mean to imply the OS was draining my battery. But something within the OS was causing my google apps not to work. I kept getting an unknown exception error and something was working in the background that drained my battery. It was fully charged when I went to bed and dead in the morning. I don't have a lot of apps on my phone, but I do use google talk daily and since it wasn't working at all with .1015 I reverted back to .713. Apparently something was trying to run all night and killed the phone.
    11-27-10 05:31 PM
    I didn't mean to imply the OS was draining my battery. But something within the OS was causing my google apps not to work. I kept getting an unknown exception error and something was working in the background that drained my battery. It was fully charged when I went to bed and dead in the morning. I don't have a lot of apps on my phone, but I do use google talk daily and since it wasn't working at all with .1015 I reverted back to .713. Apparently something was trying to run all night and killed the phone.
    FWIW, google voice, google mobile, google maps all work fine on my S2.
    11-27-10 05:37 PM
    I've been involved with a number of Google and iheartradio vs BB OS version issues, so I agree with that being a possibility. Watch out for Latitude--that WILL kill your battery.
    11-27-10 05:38 PM
    FWIW, google voice, google mobile, google maps all work fine on my S2.
    Ahh, you're lucky! Don't know why I got the fail on mine. I even wiped and reloaded and the google apps still wouldn't work. Can't live without google talk.
    11-27-10 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD