Ever since I installed the google apps, my facebook app doesn't update. Anyone else having similar problems? I can still use facebook, but i don't get the updates I got before. A friend of mine is having the same problem, but we're trying to figure out if it's something we've done.
    01-20-09 10:07 AM
    Well I'm having the same problem but it's not cause of google apps. I downloaded facebook and was getting updates directly to the facebook app. Now I'm not getting anything. My email is working fine and I get notifications there. But they used to go straight to the app as well which was nice because the icon would show a number over it saying how many updates there were etc.
    01-20-09 10:17 AM
    The Facebook application has been the devil on many BlackBerries' here. I would delete it until the new version is released...
    01-20-09 10:18 AM
    Well I'm having the same problem but it's not cause of google apps. I downloaded facebook and was getting updates directly to the facebook app. Now I'm not getting anything. My email is working fine and I get notifications there. But they used to go straight to the app as well which was nice because the icon would show a number over it saying how many updates there were etc.
    That's the problem we're having too, but we only noticed it since the installation of google apps. We weren't sure if the problems were connected or not. Thanks for the feedback, hope we can find a solution
    01-20-09 10:20 AM
    Like Deceit said the Facebook app is horrible and should be deleted until a new one is released. From what ive read in reviews and user notes the app bricks BB's and should not be downloaded. It was one of the first apps i was going to download when i got my 8330 but looked into it and found out it's a no fly zone. Hopefully a new restored app is released soon.
    01-20-09 10:30 AM
    I tried the FB also. It worked for day and a half then it went nuts on me. I would either get no notifications or get the same one over and over. It was a mess and it was deleted shortly after from my BB, at least until they sort it out...
    01-20-09 10:32 AM
    The bug with the Facebook application is it wants to constantly update itself, using all data communication to do so. This is why people are not receiveing e-mails, have low memory and low batteries...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SevereDeceit; 01-20-09 at 10:44 AM.
    01-20-09 10:33 AM
    I deleated my FB app many moons ago and have been happy and trouble free since.

01-20-09 10:50 AM
    I had the sam problems too, I just went through the steps on the blackberry site under facbook problems and it worked fine. I just made sure my facebook email is the email I set up on my berry (@yahoo.com) then on the main site I went to notifications and turned them all on ane haven't had any major issues besides delayed notifications (1-2hrs later)

01-20-09 11:22 AM
    I have tried to remove facebook, but am still not getting old email messages...help!!!
    01-20-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD