Googletalk on my 8900 keeps telling me username & password don't match. I have checked on computer, setup Google talk on computer (don't need on computer anyway)

Am sure the password & username are correct, what am i doing wrong?

thanks guys
    03-09-10 07:20 PM
    Could you be missing using the Alt key to put in numbers? Are there symbols in the password? Just a thought. Personally I hate it when the passwords for programs such as this are masked. Then again some consider me quite the dullard.
    03-09-10 09:11 PM
    Or is the 1st letter of your password/sn automatically using a capital letter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 10:29 PM
    You can test either of the above theories by temporarily putting your password in the login name field to see how the BlackBerry is interpreting your keystrokes.

03-10-10 01:26 AM
    For some reason the username has to be @gmail.com for it to work on mobile. Even though a regular google account doesn't. Took me forever tp find that in the google forums. Is your username @gmail.com? If not I bet that's it. Don't ask why. I haven't gotten an answer myself.

03-10-10 08:06 PM
    Thank you all for your responses, going back to drawing board ie goole talk on PC to ascertain what my user name actually is???
    03-11-10 08:28 AM
    Thank you all, it turns out I had to type in '@googlemail.com' as opposed to '@gmail.com'

i thought Google had sorted out the legal restrictions to the use of 'gmail'.

thanx
    03-13-10 05:28 PM
    Is it possible to talk with some one over google talk from cell to cell ?
    I ask that because I couldn't call my friend on pc over google talk .
    03-14-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD