Anybody have a recommendation for a good reliable security app with remote wipe function? I am in the medical field and have been making notes on patients that I see using the native BB MemoPad. If I were to lose/misplace my phone, I would need to wipe that information from the phone pronto...anybody have any thoughts/suggestions?
    02-10-12 08:27 AM
    What's wrong with the one your device came with? eg: BlackBerry Protect.
    wout000 likes this.
    02-10-12 08:34 AM
    I use and have tested BBProtect. The "wipe" function worked. The "restore" works but all contacts' addresses were placed on 1 line.

I know when you loose your device, it's nerve racking. Had mine stollen. Used BBProtect to wipe and locate it. I went to the house of it's last GPS location, after explaining why I was there, the person answering the door didn't deny having it, they just told me to leave their property.
    02-10-12 08:47 AM
    if your phone doesn't have blackberry protect, you may download it at Your BlackBerry Home Page

you can wipe your device remotely from the blackberry protect website, you simply have to login using your blackberry ID, works from any capable web browser, great on the playbook if you have one
    02-10-12 08:51 AM
    Whoops!! Didn't realize memory wipe was available with BB Protect! Duh.

Say, do any of you guys know for sure if info on Memo Pad is erased? It isn't specifically mentioned on the BB Protect site, it just says "..including contacts, applications, and photos.."
    02-10-12 02:39 PM
    I am traveling overseas and want to turn my GPS off. Does anyone know if this will limit the wipe ability of BB Protect?
    05-01-12 08:44 PM
    Why not do a back up and turn off your GPS now and try a remote wipe to see if it works?
    mike in nc likes this.
    05-03-12 05:43 AM
    I am traveling overseas and want to turn my GPS off. Does anyone know if this will limit the wipe ability of BB Protect?
    GPS is only necessary for locating your phone. The wipe will still happen when the GPS is off.
    mike in nc likes this.
    05-03-12 06:07 AM
    Isn't BB Protect tied to the SIM as well, or is strictly tied to the PIN?
    05-03-12 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD