Im looking for a news app and I wanna know which one has the best reputation. Im looking for one that will do news from Canada and another one that will do news from the US, so basically looking for which news app is better in those two fields. Or maybe even on the combines both, not really looking for the world news but I mean if its in there I dont care.

Thanks.

Edit: looking for a couple free apps first just to try them out and if I dont like any of them, thats when Ill move to a payed app.
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 08-08-09 at 08:56 AM.
    08-08-09 08:32 AM
    Im looking for a news app and I wanna know which one has the best reputation. Im looking for one that will do news from Canada and another one that will do news from the US, so basically looking for which news app is better in those two fields. Or maybe even on the combines both, not really looking for the world news but I mean if its in there I dont care.

Thanks.
    You ever tried AP Mobile News? The thing is, it would automatically give you US news, and you'll type in ur zip code to automatically get ur local news. So in that sense, you'll get canadian news, just not national canadian news, but rather ur local canadian news (sorry if I made that too confusing. lol.)
    08-08-09 08:35 AM
    Where could I find this news app, Id like to try it out.
    08-08-09 08:38 AM
    Where could I find this news app, Id like to try it out.
    Do you have Blackberry App World installed on ur device? It's one of the featured apps on there. I've had it since January and use it faithfully to stay up to date with US news and read my local newpaper everyday.
    08-08-09 08:40 AM
    Is it AFP mobile news cause Im searching AP and not coming up with anything.
    08-08-09 08:42 AM
    I have AP Mobile News, but I find Wall Street Journal Mobile Reader and Thomson Reuters News Pro a whole lot better than AP. They all support flicking.

Thomson Reuters News Pro is available free in AppWorld.

Wall Street Journal Mobile Reader (for BB Storm) is available free at this link:
    Wall Street Journal Mobile Reader for BlackBerry

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by substring; 08-08-09 at 08:56 AM.
    08-08-09 08:54 AM
    Haha. A bit off-topic, sorry, but I thought you wanted an app that only gave good news. Sort of like, RIM is giving all BB owners an extra $1,000 for "those phones you wanted, but just couldn't afford".

Alright, I'll move out of the way so you can get this. =)
    08-08-09 09:16 AM
    I use the Canadian Press Mobile.

They have local news, canadian news, worldwide news, technology, science, sports. It cost me $3.00 but it is well worth it as I read it pretty much every day. Much cheaper than getting the paper, as I get the Winnipeg Free Press articles on it anyways.
    08-08-09 10:55 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions, Im trying the wall street journal right now and also I found TIME it was featured in the BB app world, well see if I like them.
    08-08-09 11:24 AM
    I use the Canadian Press Mobile.

They have local news, canadian news, worldwide news, technology, science, sports. It cost me $3.00 but it is well worth it as I read it pretty much every day. Much cheaper than getting the paper, as I get the Winnipeg Free Press articles on it anyways.
    Do they have a trial of canadian press mobile ?
    08-08-09 11:25 AM
    I don't think they do. It looks pretty much the exact same as the AP app, just with canadian news.
    08-08-09 12:53 PM
    Hi: Please read this.....

Our neighbors to the north will be the first such beneficiaries through the Canadian Press English and Canadian Press French applications developed by AP Mobile. These native applications with content in English and French, respectively, are available for download to your BlackBerry from the new BlackBerry App World store, where they can be purchased for $2.99 USD ($3.69 CDN) each. You can also view Canadian English and French content in your mobile browser at Canadian Press (English) or Nouvelles Sans Fil (French).

Also if you go to HANDMARK.com you can get AFP (From France Press Agency) paying $2.99 US Dollars. This app, gives you the option to choose news from Canada.

Thomson Reuters, that you can get from Handmark's website is free and gives you excellent coverage.

Good luck, and feel free to ask if you have any question.
    08-23-09 08:18 PM
    Get one the the many RSS readers and you'll then be able to get all the news you want from wherever you want.
    08-23-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD