Is there a good media player other than the one that comes with the device? That one is fine, except you can't easily skip through a song while it's playing. You have to go up to the progress bar, then click it, then select where you'd like to skip to, then click it again. Kind of tedious.

This is fine if you're sitting around, but not while you're driving. And here in CA, the cops might think your texting which will land you a fine.

I know there might be alternatives but I'd also like some feedback on specific ones that some of you may have used or currently are using.

Thanks
    03-03-10 10:42 AM
    I went through this on my old 8310 and after trying many options, decided the stock player wasn't so bad after all. Of course I was too cheap to try anything other than free 3rd party players.

The player on 9700 is much nicer than the old 8310 version as well, but it would be nice to have a skip-ahead button on the keyboard.
    03-03-10 12:00 PM
    i skip through mine all the time...just put the cursor over the fast forward and it sends you to a new song. i have mine are shuffle so i just keep pushing until i hear something i like
    03-03-10 12:03 PM
    Talking about skipping/searching through the same song, not changing to the next song.
    03-03-10 12:13 PM
    ah, to do that i just put the cursor over the time line, click it and move the cursor, then let it go, same with movies.
    03-03-10 12:15 PM
    i just press the "n" button for next song, or "p" for previous songs.
    03-03-10 12:16 PM
    ah, to do that i just put the cursor over the time line, click it and move the cursor, then let it go, same with movies.
    Yes, that's easy to do, but the issue I have with this is skipping through a song while driving.

I searched around for other players and tried some free trials, but nothing that can let you efficiently skip through a song while keeping your eyes on the road, know what I mean?

You can do this on a regular car stereo by holding down the fast forward button, but nothing that efficient for the 9700 yet...
    03-03-10 02:20 PM
    Not worth purchasing a media player IMO. That's why i have an iPod touch. Kind of annoying to carry two devices sometimes, but worth it.
    03-03-10 02:31 PM
    Confused why you want to do all of that and drive? And why you have headphones in while driving lol...

To be honest I have no idea what media player could do that, I just change songs by holding the volume button up.
    Last edited by shadowphox; 03-03-10 at 02:54 PM.
    03-03-10 02:51 PM
    Confused why you want to do all of that and drive? And why you have headphones in while driving lol...
    They make FM transmitters that have 3.5mm jacks on them so you can listen to slacker/pandora or what ever else is on you BB through the car stereo... i know i use one.
    03-03-10 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD