What are some good apps that turn your blackberry into a useful flashlight/torch?
    05-11-10 03:51 PM

is a great app that includes a Flashlight feature!

QuickLaunch is a must have application for every BlackBerry owner. With an interface that is seamlessly integrated with the look of the BlackBerry OS, QuickLaunch will create shortcuts to most any application on your device with ease and style. In addition the added functions included with QuickLaunch will enable you to delete several other apps on your device saving memory making QuickLaunch the 'Swiss Army Knife' of your Blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 03:56 PM
    Why not bypass paying for/taking up memory on an app.

Go into media>video>record>bb button>options>video light>on>say yes to battery warning>save

Its a lot easier than it seems above, and provides a lot more light than any app I've found would

Just remember to turn the light off again when your done.

You can get an app, its just another viable option

If not, input flashlight into app world search or crackberry store and you should get some decent results

PM1

05-11-10 04:08 PM
    Is that the actual interface of quick-launch? or is it just a blackberry theme? If so, which theme is it?
    05-11-10 04:09 PM
    I just use the flashlight on the video cam as described already.

And QuickLaunch is an app. Click the link she provided and you'll see more
    screenshots of it.
    05-11-10 04:13 PM
    Why not bypass paying for/taking up memory on an app.

Go into media>video>record>bb button>options>video light>on>say yes to battery warning>save

Its a lot easier than it seems above, and provides a lot more light than any app I've found would

Just remember to turn the light off again when your done.

You can get an app, its just another viable option

If not, input flashlight into app world search or crackberry store and you should get some decent results

PM1

I like this. Then I can put this on my left convenience key instead of the "Say a command".
    05-11-10 04:19 PM
    The screen is a theme. i don't know which one.someone who uses that theme may chime in. The box is the QuickLauch app in use.

Here's a free Flashlight app. There are probably others. i use QL so i haven't used the free FL apps.

Flashlight App

05-11-10 04:30 PM
    Another vote for the video recorder. Brightest little bugger you will ever need. I set a side convenience key to turn on the video camera and I'm good to go with one button push :-)
    05-11-10 05:39 PM
    I wish I didn't have to set the camcorder to turn it on automatically but I guess RIM doesn't make the flash available to developers.

Still, it's a really bright light.
    05-11-10 05:59 PM
    The space key is your friend to toggle the light

05-11-10 11:28 PM
    05-11-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD