Hey does anyone know or use any good BB email software or app that allows you to view email the same way it would appear as if you were viewing it on your outlook or mail server?? does anything like this excist as alot of mail now comes in HTML code...? (newbie here so please bare with me... still adapting to the BB lifestye...)
    05-16-08 01:21 PM
    Search google for empower and bbsmart. That should be what you're looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 01:34 PM
    Search google for empower and bbsmart. That should be what you're looking for.

Thanks for the info BlitzedATL but now im curious which one is better? have you or anyone for that matter used either or both of these apps?
    05-16-08 01:49 PM
    I used Empower standard, and switched to BBsmart when I switched BB's. Not really a fair comparison, since Empower Pro would have more features than the Standard version I had.

Having said that - I'm extremely happy with BBsmart. works great, shows all pics in emails, and allows for a lot of customization.
    05-16-08 01:54 PM
    I haven't used BBSmart. But for me EmPower is an absolute must have. Clean, fast and formats email very nicely.

I think both products have a free trial. See which works for you. Either way you go, you'll be happy.

Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox

BBSmart - Software for your BlackBerry
    05-16-08 01:56 PM
    I haven't used BBSmart. But for me EmPower is an absolute must have. Clean, fast and formats email very nicely.

I think both products have a free trial. See which works for you. Either way you go, you'll be happy.

Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox

BBSmart - Software for your BlackBerry
    Awesome! ya thanks for the insight and the links ima have to check em out...
    05-16-08 01:58 PM
    Ok guys another Newb question lol... im noticing empower has both a standard and pro edition whats the difference aside from additonal features... im assuming they both display images and all that good stuff.. so is the pro worth the extra 20.00?
    05-16-08 02:08 PM
    Personally I prefer empower. It loads a lot faster. I've used empower pro, I haven't tried empower regular so I'm not sure what the difference is.. Both bbsmart and empower come with a free trial.

05-16-08 02:11 PM
    I use BB Smart and like it a lot, mostly because of the email templates (smartsay). I don't know if Empower has templates or not. I would agree however that Empower loads faster.

Jason
    05-17-08 09:34 AM
    I use Empower Pro. I don't know the difference between regular and pro, but I like it a lot. It's the only software that I've actually paid for so far for BB ($30, and I think it was money VERY well spent.) Although, emails that you SEND from your BB will be in text format, not HTML...unless there's a setting somewhere that I couldn't find to change that, but I was really more concerned with seeing emails in HTML on my phone than sending them in HTML from it.
    05-19-08 10:48 AM
    Thanks for all the great input everyone i downloaded the free 10 day trial of empower and def think i will be purchasing the license when it expires as i think it is SOOO worth it... i too am not so concerned about sending emails in HTML format JMT9779 but BC of my profession i get alot of HTML format emails so its a must to be able to easily read them and EMPOWER does that quickly and efficiently for me!
    05-19-08 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD