First off, not a review of the product, I personally think it's a wonderful product.

However, I watch Tether like a hawk for deals, waiting for a discount day. Well today I notice that the Andoid version has gone up in price! It used to be 30$ (iirc) but now matches the BB price of 50$! There's no mention of this price change. This comes shortly after they changed there checkout page (which went to a new format, as well as many other parts of the site about 2 weeks ago).

Here's the good...
    If you surf to Tether.com on you Blackberry and click order... it lists it as 30$! Sweet!

Here's the ugly...
    If you surf to Tether.com on your Android and click order... it lists it as 80$!!! (Asked a friend to check for me, that's what he told me).
    10-23-11 08:25 PM
    i bought tether long ago for my 9630, for 25$ on CB deal of the day. its a nice app in theory but honestly its always given me problems. the one time it came in really handy was when i had just moved into my new apartment and didnt have wifi hooked up for a couple weeks and i had tether running (on my 9650 at this point) and it worked pretty well, but for the most part it gives me all kinds of connection errors, and when i upgraded to a 9930 while i was able to install it and run it, it never works like it should.

great idea, poor support on new devices, great in a pinch, but price is too high. however if you rely on tethering the one time fee certainly beats a monthy charge, so long as it works with your device.
    10-24-11 11:41 AM
    its very very slow the internet while tethering not worth the $!!!
    10-24-11 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD