Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Ok so I just spoke with a Netflix CS rep and he said that there are 50 new titles coming this month and 100 more in April, that is Netflix Canada not sure about the US version. I also asked him if they were currently developing a BB app and he said that they're currently working on the Android version and once they are done they will get started on the Blackberry app. I told him that there was a desperate demand for the app from many people I know and he then made sure he sent a note to the dev team that there are a lot of people who are waiting for the app to come. So fingers crossed that the app will be available within the next 2 months like the rep I was speaking to had estimated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 06:22 PM
    I'm very skeptical of any time estimate. They've been promising the one for Android for at least 6 months, if I remember correctly.
    03-09-11 06:42 PM
    I most likely said that to make ya happy.
    03-09-11 07:03 PM
    I doubt there will ever be a Nexflix Blackberry app. There simply isn't a BB device that can support netflix as far as hardware and software goes. He/She was just telling you what you wanted to hear, the truth probably is they aren't working on Netflix for Blackberry.
    Last edited by JD914; 03-09-11 at 08:30 PM.
    03-09-11 08:27 PM
    I doubt there will ever be a Nexflix Blackberry app. There simply isn't a BB device that can support netflix as far as hardware and software goes. He/She was just telling you what you wanted to hear, the truth probably is they aren't working on Netflix for Blackberry.
    Oh well if it doesn't come in time before the iPhone 5 release, i'm done with BB but ill miss the keyboard and BBM. Other than those 2 i won't be dissapointed. But I'm hoping the iPhone 5 gets a 4" screen and a better battery life. But I will be back once the QNX BBs drop.

03-09-11 11:08 PM
    I'm confused as to why anyone would want to watch (or worse listen to) a movie on a Blackberry.
    03-09-11 11:09 PM
    yeah screens on the blackberries are too small in my opinion, with exception of the storm, but the storm is so slow that it would be quite painful.
    03-09-11 11:48 PM
    Oh well if it doesn't come in time before the iPhone 5 release, i'm done with BB but ill miss the keyboard and BBM. Other than those 2 i won't be dissapointed. But I'm hoping the iPhone 5 gets a 4" screen and a better batterylife. But I will be back once the QNX BBs drop.

Might as well sell your phone now...

Also battery life has gone the way of the dodo. Nobody prioritizes it anymore, so manufacturers put it behind everything else.
    03-10-11 01:29 AM
    I just think it's kind of funny there is a Netflix app for wp7 and not for android yet.
    03-10-11 03:25 AM
    I'm confused as to why anyone would want to watch (or worse listen to) a movie on a Blackberry.
    If you are traveling or out and about, don't have a tablet or laptop, or don't have it with you, or if it's not convenient...there's a bunch of reasons. It's really not bad, especially with headphones. I watched the entire first season of Heroes on my 8300. It's not a huge priority for me, but it's a nice competitive option to have.

I'd settle for being able to manage my Netflix queue on my BB without having to buy an app.
    03-10-11 08:30 AM
    As a former iPhone user who had the netflix app I can tell you that it wasn't that enjoyable, nor did I use it much at all on the iPhone basically because of screen size, and I cannot imagine using it on my Curve.
    On my iPad I've used it more but that screen is larger.
    03-10-11 09:05 AM
    I used to watch movies via memory card on my old EnV. And I would definitely watch netflix on my 9630. Access to all those titles, TV shows especially. Make it happen! Fix the yelp app while you're at it.

03-10-11 10:27 AM
    I just think it's kind of funny there is a Netflix app for wp7 and not for android yet.
    It might have to do with Netflix supporting silverlight and Microsoft owning silverlight.

03-10-11 11:25 AM
    As a former iPhone user who had the netflix app I can tell you that it wasn't that enjoyable, nor did I use it much at all on the iPhone basically because of screen size, and I cannot imagine using it on my Curve.
    On my iPad I've used it more but that screen is larger.
    Ipad also has a larger battery and is more likely to be in a location to charge it.

Streaming video is going to kill your phones battery stupid fast, not that anyone cares though...

03-10-11 11:27 AM
    Blackberry..some smart phone! I love my BB...and hate iphone...what to get what to get next

mbanole03 likes this.
    09-28-11 04:41 PM
    Blackberry..some smart phone! I love my BB...and hate iphone...what to get what to get next
    Is availability of a Netflix app a deciding factor for you?
    09-28-11 05:28 PM
    Does the PlayBook have a Netflix app yet?
    09-29-11 05:52 PM
    Does the PlayBook have a Netflix app yet?
    I believe only a Queue Manager app. Still no player AFAIK.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-29-11 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD