I've been skimming the apps but nothing is standing out. Just want to put a couple things on my Storm for waiting rooms etc. Any decent Voltron or Transformers games? TIA ~Ashley
    08-04-09 04:20 PM
    I highly doubt it. I would download some free games from app world and I would also add some kid movies to my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 04:26 PM
    The games that try to boast graphics usually fail. I suggest you go for gameplay instead, in which case here's a couple that might interest you:

Connect Four, Parking Lot, Air Traffic Control, and Guitar Hero.
    08-04-09 04:49 PM
    Tetris!!! or Tetris Pop!!! or Tetris 3D!!! or any other Tetris game!!
    08-04-09 05:01 PM
    I suggest going to a store where they sell toys. They do make cheap small hand held games for children.
    08-04-09 05:20 PM
    Lol, more then likely what will happen is your son will pick up your BB and say "Oh great, an ancient Java based OS with no support for graphic gameplay.".

08-04-09 05:40 PM
    I suggest going to a store where they sell toys. They do make cheap small hand held games for children.
    I don't get why people say stuff like this when no one cares what they have to say and it has nothing to do with the question asked.

08-04-09 07:33 PM
    Lol, more then likely what will happen is your son will pick up your BB and say "Oh great, an ancient Java based OS with no support for graphic gameplay.".

LOL nice.

I'd have to suggest Freddy Falling, its fun and easy, just tilt side to side.
    08-04-09 07:34 PM

Haha but this is funny

08-04-09 07:34 PM
    I don't get why people say stuff like this when no one cares what they have to say and it has nothing to do with the question asked.

Im sorry but I dont get why people ask for games for there kids on the storm, no offense to anyone who does but go out and buy your kid a nintendo DS, they have a way bigger selection of games and better quality/graphics in those games which equals alot more fun your child is going to have and at the same time its something for your child to call their own and teach them responsibility. And me personally I spent alot of money on my phone so handing it to my kid is not one of my first options
    08-04-09 07:42 PM
    I use gFlash+ to turn spreadsheets from google docs into flash cards on the phone. You can find all kinds of sets and I've personalized plenty. The kids love it.
    08-04-09 07:43 PM
    I guess this does not constitute being helpful, but I can't understand why you would allow your 5 year old to play with your Blackberry. Seems more sensible to bring an actual toy or book for them to play with.

That's just my .02.
    08-04-09 07:45 PM
    I use gFlash+ to turn spreadsheets from google docs into flash cards on the phone. You can find all kinds of sets and I've personalized plenty. The kids love it.
    Kids don't like flash cards ??? :\

08-04-09 07:46 PM

HA! Perfect response because that is how I feel half the time.

For all you asking why I would let him play with it at all, I will because he is responsible and loves gadgets like me. He wants to do what mom is doing and I let him with supervision, this is SO not an issue with me, it's a thing that can be replaced. It's a phone, not my wedding ring. Anyway, he has a DS, but likes variety like anyone else.

For those of you with actual game ideas, they are great! Especially connect4 how cool! Thanks
    08-04-09 09:10 PM
    stormsketch

StormSketch Blackberry Storm App | StormGrounds.com

i admit, i play with when board at work
    08-04-09 09:14 PM
    My kid loves doodle by tafsa
    And pixelated which u can find on app world
    Lol and patternlock my son sits for 30 mins sometimes trying to figure it out

08-04-09 10:40 PM
    Space Travel in the Crackberry App Store by dmglakewood ... uses the accelerometer in the phone to steer up, down and side to side to avoid collisions and collect stuff. Might be amusing and help develop hand-eye coordination.

BrickBreaker is already installed on your Storm.
    08-05-09 12:32 AM
    just tried stormsketch..... now im addicted
    08-05-09 01:51 AM
    A co-worker brought her 5 year old in yesterday and I played Simon with him for a few minutes and he loved it. And in response to the others on why someone would want some games for children, you never know when you might get stuck in a situation when you have to occupy a small child's time and games like this can break the ice for a shy child and not everyone carries around a DS or iPod but I always have my storm
    08-05-09 07:06 AM
    HA! Perfect response because that is how I feel half the time.

For all you asking why I would let him play with it at all, I will because he is responsible and loves gadgets like me. He wants to do what mom is doing and I let him with supervision, this is SO not an issue with me, it's a thing that can be replaced. It's a phone, not my wedding ring. Anyway, he has a DS, but likes variety like anyone else.

For those of you with actual game ideas, they are great! Especially connect4 how cool! Thanks
    Truthfully, no matter how responsible he is; there just aren't enough games out there for the Storm that are simple enough for a 5yo AND will hold his attention to make it worth the risk of the Storm getting broken. Maybe buy him a PSP?

As for Storm games for a 5yo, the only ones I can come up with are "Freddy Falling", "SkyClimber", and "Ballz"

Ballz might be particularly educational, it will teach him color matching. It is sort of like Bejeweled, but with multicolored pool balls.

I would discourage a game like Guitar Hero, only because when you're stuck in a waiting room or something like that, it can be quite the noisy game.
    08-05-09 07:19 AM
    Connect Four, Doodle, Bubble Burst, Bubble Army, StormSimon, SkyClimber, StormPiano.
    08-05-09 08:53 AM
    My 5 year old (who knows how to take care of electronic devices because he is being raised by geeks) has a few things loaded on my Blackberry just for him. Yes, it's a great way to entertain him when we're stuck sitting somewhere.

He loves BerryLabyrinth, free demo of 15 levels. He likes Lights Out, another freebie. And he's starting to get really good at Tiltris.

I also downloaded a few movies for him. Finding Nemo, Cars, etc ...
    08-05-09 03:01 PM
    ColorFill. It is super simple and extremely addictive. . . I'm 18.

08-05-09 03:11 PM
    Colorfill is pretty cool! ..... I'm 43
    08-05-09 03:20 PM
    What great responses here, thank you all SO much!
    I installed Freddy Falling this morn before we had to go somewhere where I knew we would be waiting awhile, he played it for about 15mins and gave it a thumbs up!
    Going to add a few more of your suggestions now
    08-05-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD