My main comp. is a mac, so I have a different desktop managing software than windows. There are windows comps in my house, but i have yet to install desktop manager on them. I was wondering if there is a way to download golftraxx OTA, or if i should just install DM on a windows comp. and install it that way. Also, i am thinking about updating my OS to 4.5... Do you know of any issues/problems with compatability for OSv4.5 BBs?

Thanks Muchly for any & all advice,
    07-08-08 10:57 AM
    Hi spb... I too have just one pc in the house... the rest (4 in all) are Macs. So, I have the one PC to use for GolfTraxx. Some day we will have the OTA that works on all versions.

So far no issues related to 4.5.. we do suggest that you have the most current version of DM as well.

gb

My main comp. is a mac, so I have a different desktop managing software than windows. There are windows comps in my house, but i have yet to install desktop manager on them. I was wondering if there is a way to download golftraxx OTA, or if i should just install DM on a windows comp. and install it that way. Also, i am thinking about updating my OS to 4.5... Do you know of any issues/problems with compatability for OSv4.5 BBs?

Thanks Muchly for any & all advice,
    07-08-08 08:41 PM
    One of our users gave us the following information on how to get GolfTraxx (and potentially any GPS enabled) application to work on a VZN phone even though VZN doesn't technically give us poor third party developers the data feed.

Steps:
    1. Turn on the VZ Navigator program.
    2. Click on 'maps', then click on 'follow me maps'.
    (This activates the GPS capability of the VZW Blackberry device)
    3. Leaving VZ Navigator running, open the GolfTraxx program and enter the appropriate golf course info.

I downloaded Golftraxx to experiment and viola! it works! One will use more battery power running both programs concurrently, but as long as you battery is full prior to starting, one should not run empty in a normal 18 hole round.

In the follow-up call, he said that on the golf course the BB was clicking off yards step by step. SO, 1 there are good GPS chip(s) in those devices and they do have the capability for <3y accuracy! Woo Hoo! Of course it STINKS that VZN is charging an extra $10 to get the GPS working. SLIME!!!!
    07-15-08 08:54 PM
    It works nicely but I'm going to stick w/the puck. I refuse to give VZW the $10 per month for GPS.
    08-18-08 01:39 PM
    Anyone have the link I'd like to get in the program
    08-20-08 02:22 PM
    chouse626:

Application:
    Http://pdazip.com/golftraxx_blackberry.zip

Guide to how to map a course and send it to us for upload/download:
    http://pdazip.com/MappingCourses.pdf

Want to have a DETAILED map of your course Use this link to learn how....
    http://pdazip.com/MappingExtras.pdf

You can find out a course to be mapped at golftraxx.com and once you have sent in a new course, we will send you link to find out what courses are mapped world-wide.

Anyone have the link I'd like to get in the program
    08-25-08 12:21 AM
    I am interested.
    09-13-08 07:43 PM
    Airpete -

Drop me a call so I can get you set up.1-866-354-GOLF (option 1)

I am interested.
    09-17-08 12:15 PM
    I am interested in getting this app. I've download the zip file but when I search for course by zip it gives me a "Connection Timed Out" error.
    09-29-08 03:34 PM
    Hi,

I downloaded the software and poked around a bit. I found a local course but there was only some text info about the length of the holes & handicap etc. So I have few questions... how can I find a course that has been mapped and one that has not been? I'd like to see a demo. I'd probably rather just buy a copy of the software but if I must map... Once I do map something, do I have access to ALL the maps or is that a charge per map? You should have a nice clear FAQ

Oh ya, there's something wrong too because it says it's 55,961 yards to the green. Maybe I'm pointing in the wrong direction

Thanks!
    GB
    Last edited by gb1232; 10-13-08 at 06:31 PM.
    10-13-08 06:22 PM
    Ok - I think I get it. I'm 55,691 yards away from the green 'cause I'm in my living room at the moment So here's some more questions...
    1) is it a text based only with no graphics?
    2) can I keep a list of favorite golf courses ?
    3) The profile doesn't seem to save changes like my home zip code
    4) it's a little buggy - crashed a few times and I got that "connection timed out" message too.
    10-13-08 06:29 PM
    Sorry for going AWOL on ya - the iPhone release has got us SWAMPED with new courses

Q. I am interested in getting this app. I've download the zip file but when I search for course by zip it gives me a "Connection Timed Out" error.
    A. I think your configurations are set up wrong. Give us a call and we can set you straight. 9A - 9P (Pacific Time)

Q. I downloaded the software and poked around a bit. I found a local course but there was only some text info about the length of the holes & handicap etc. So I have few questions... how can I find a course that has been mapped and one that has not been?
    A. You can do this either by checking the website and looking for the courses near you and cross referencing the ones that need to be mapped. Yes, long way to do it. We DO provide users (ones that either provide a map OR purchase the SW a way to find all the mapped courses in any region with one search string.

Q. I'd like to see a demo. I'd probably rather just buy a copy of the software but if I must map...
    A. To be honest, more than 90% of purchasers map a course within 30 days anyways, and we would actually prefer that you map a course. It pays it forward to the rest of the GolfTraxx community.

Q. Once I do map something, do I have access to ALL the maps or is that a charge per map? You should have a nice clear FAQ
    A. Yes - and we are working on the FAQ. Send us an investor or two and we can do it faster.

Q. Oh ya, there's something wrong too because it says it's 55,961 yards to the green. Maybe I'm pointing in the wrong direction
    A. Tha is 32 miles. Are you at the course or at home? - OK saw you caught that one below.

Ok - I think I get it. I'm 55,691 yards away from the green 'cause I'm in my living room at the moment So here's some more questions...
    1) is it a text based only with no graphics?
    A. Text for now - Do you know a great BB SW Engineer that does UI work in J2ME and is interested in an entrepreneurial opportunity?

2) can I keep a list of favorite golf courses ?
    A. Not yet on the BB. You can keep a course in memory, not multiple

3) The profile doesn't seem to save changes like my home zip code
    A. We have seen this a few times, and it has a couple different ways to fix. Feel free to drop us a call. (option 1 on the voice system will get you to me.)

4) it's a little buggy - crashed a few times and I got that "connection timed out" message too.
    A. If you tried on Saturday - I got the same. BIS killed me this weekend when I was trying to load a course. The SW was working fine, getting a good signal that didn't time out was a bit different. We have all our setting at maximum 'tollerance' to time-outs, data drops, etc., but these things still happen.
    10-15-08 12:35 AM
    We have gotten quite a few folks asking about the Bold, and I am happy to say that YES it works. Just fire up the 88XX version.

IF Anyone has a STORM on them, drop me a note as I have heard that the Storm is backwards compatible to all apps written to the BB. That could be interesting!
    11-16-08 04:42 PM
    We have gotten quite a few folks asking about the Bold, and I am happy to say that YES it works. Just fire up the 88XX version.

IF Anyone has a STORM on them, drop me a note as I have heard that the Storm is backwards compatible to all apps written to the BB. That could be interesting!
    The interface is a little clumsy because it was designed for the trackball, so to navigate, there's a learning curve. If possible, there should be a version designed for the Storms clickscreen.
    11-25-08 04:28 AM
    Agreed - Any SW Engineers out there want to join? We need some presentation layer work done for the Storm, Bold and prior devices going to the 8800.

Equity of course.

The interface is a little clumsy because it was designed for the trackball, so to navigate, there's a learning curve. If possible, there should be a version designed for the Storms clickscreen.
    11-28-08 09:19 PM
    I got the GPS to work on the storm, I think, but I had to do it in a round about way. I had to open up BB Maps, enable the GPS tracking, and then was able to use the GPS within the GolfTraxx app.

Is there anything coming down the pipeline that will incorporate functionality for the Storm?
    12-05-08 05:21 PM
    Actually the storm has an open GPS signal, so the round about isn't needed.

WRT using core Storm functionality - we certainly want to do this... Hook us up with a good J2ME developer. Remember... we're doing this for FREE .

gb

I got the GPS to work on the storm, I think, but I had to do it in a round about way. I had to open up BB Maps, enable the GPS tracking, and then was able to use the GPS within the GolfTraxx app.

Is there anything coming down the pipeline that will incorporate functionality for the Storm?
    12-05-08 10:59 PM
    I wish I knew someone or knew how to code this language myself. I'm fully on board for any testing you may need, this is a big app for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 07:11 AM
    Just a quick note to let you know that we have published the latest GolfTraxx update at GolfTraxx News .

gb
    COO, GolfTraxx
    Greg Buechler - LinkedIn
    12-08-08 02:03 AM
    Does this app work on the 9530 Storm?
    04-16-09 02:27 PM
    Does this app work on the 9530 Storm?
    Yes it does... Also, there is another (more active) forum at http://forums.crackberry.com/f92/gol...n-forum-44074/ that is more indepth on GolfTraxx and has more postings.

gb
    04-16-09 07:10 PM
    I was wondering if you would be interested in integrating this software for Discgolf. This is one of my favorite sports and I think it would a great way to expand use of your software
    04-17-09 05:34 PM
    If you can do (or provide) the development for this... sure.

I was wondering if you would be interested in integrating this software for Discgolf. This is one of my favorite sports and I think it would a great way to expand use of your software
    04-19-09 10:43 PM
    I've been reading about your app and am very interested. Am I correct that by mapping a course the app is free? How can I find out what courses have been mapped. I've been playing around with the mapping and have started, I hope correctly, Baywood Greens in Long Neck De. When I go to your courses available it does show Baywood but the map went to the wrong location. Would you be interested in Baywood, Bear Trap or Midway in that area?
    04-22-09 09:53 AM
    I've been reading about your app and am very interested. Am I correct that by mapping a course the app is free? How can I find out what courses have been mapped. I've been playing around with the mapping and have started, I hope correctly, Baywood Greens in Long Neck De. When I go to your courses available it does show Baywood but the map went to the wrong location. Would you be interested in Baywood, Bear Trap or Midway in that area?
    Bobly - I think you called me earlier today...

Yes we give it away free when we get a KML file of a course we do not already have...

Check this link to see what courses are not mapped (just change the zip code) GolfTraxx - Products

We will send you the link to the application AND the link to find the mapped courses once you either buy the app or send in a course.
    04-24-09 01:31 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD