05-11-10 10:06 PM
263 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Carl,

When you are want to advance to the next hole you can hit "enter" on your keypad and to go back you can hit "delete" or "backspace" on your keypad and it will cycle through the holes. Hope that helps!

-Roy
    Not on my device...the backspace button does nothing.
    03-13-09 09:20 AM
    This means we have the scorecard, but it has not yet been gps mapped (hint).

When you go to the courses page on the site and hit the scorecard for the specific course we indicate if a course has GPS on the left table at the bottom. OR, check your users guide for the URL to find all mapped courses in a region.

Greg..

Any idears on this one? I'm at the course, on the 1st hole, load up the course and BAM take a look. 1st hole shows me 200580 yards from the green. It's like that on every hole (give or take a few yards). No matter what I do it stays the same. However, when I select the extras like to reach a bunker or carry the water, it seems to be reading correctly..at least in the right ballpark. Any ideas?

I know the course information is right (or at least I think it is) because I mapped both the course and the extras myself.

Lemme know what you think.
    Thanks!
    -Roy
    03-13-09 09:53 AM
    Bigg22

Check out Google Earth 5... There is a small clock in the tools that allows you to check out past imagery. This is by far the coolest tool for us.

If that doesn't work, give us a call and I can show you an alternative (albeit a bit more 'manually oriented'.)

I want to map out the course that I play all the time, however when I go to Google earth, 5 holes on the course are blurry, so I can't zoom in close enough to get exact way points. Any suggestions. The course is Kingswood Golf and Country Club in LaSalle, Manitoba Canada.

Any help would be great, as I really want to help out and add this course.
    03-13-09 09:56 AM
    Bigg22

Check out Google Earth 5... There is a small clock in the tools that allows you to check out past imagery. This is by far the coolest tool for us.

If that doesn't work, give us a call and I can show you an alternative (albeit a bit more 'manually oriented'.)
    I checked out Google Earth 5, but for the area I am looking at there is no past imagery, thanks for the tip though. Any other ideas I can try to get this course mapped.

Thanks
    03-18-09 08:53 AM
    Drop me a call, we can check out FlashEarth

gb

I checked out Google Earth 5, but for the area I am looking at there is no past imagery, thanks for the tip though. Any other ideas I can try to get this course mapped.

Thanks
    03-18-09 03:56 PM
    I have the SW on my Storm, I can't find a way to back up on holes. I can only proceed forward or start over at hole #1.

Am I missing something? Thanks.
    On my storm, when I press the menu button, the options are from top to bottom:
    Next
    Previous
    Landmarks
    Select
    Show Keyboard
    Switch Application
    Close

Previous will take you to the previous hole.
    03-19-09 07:40 AM
    On my storm, when I press the menu button, the options are from top to bottom:
    Next
    Previous
    Landmarks
    Select
    Show Keyboard
    Switch Application
    Close

Previous will take you to the previous hole.
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??

When I press the the menu button all I see is
    OK
    Landmarks
    Switch Application
    Close

03-19-09 01:39 PM
    Drop me a call, we can check out FlashEarth

gb
    I checked out FlashEarth and still no luck, here are the coordinates if anyone else wants to see what they can find

49 41' 18.8 N
    97 17; 54.6 W

Thanks
    03-20-09 03:50 PM
    I just purchased the application using paypal. The download link in the postings are not working. Plan to use on a BB storm 9530. Anywhere else I can find the link?
    03-21-09 07:11 AM
    I have the Verizon Storm, will this work with it? If not, I would like to test it for you.
    03-22-09 07:04 PM
    This location is in NW Mongolia... I am pretty sure there isn't a golf course there.

I checked out FlashEarth and still no luck, here are the coordinates if anyone else wants to see what they can find

49 41' 18.8 N
    97 17; 54.6 W

Thanks
    03-22-09 08:21 PM
    We generally have this out within 24 hours... let me know if you still don't have the link.

I just purchased the application using paypal. The download link in the postings are not working. Plan to use on a BB storm 9530. Anywhere else I can find the link?
    03-22-09 08:23 PM
    Yes on working on a Storm - but not the most 'elegant' solution (we are working on it and are looking for a BB developer to join the cause )

Make sure you read the FAQs on the site on how to use it with VZ Nav.

I have the Verizon Storm, will this work with it? If not, I would like to test it for you.
    03-22-09 08:26 PM
    Any input on why my version of the GolfTraxx cannot back up holes and has different menu items than others with a Storm have cited?
    03-23-09 08:29 AM
    This location is in NW Mongolia... I am pretty sure there isn't a golf course there.
    Ooops, here are the actually co-ords copied from google maps.

(49.68583138308083, -97.29299068450928)
    03-23-09 11:34 AM
    Any input on why my version of the GolfTraxx cannot back up holes and has different menu items than others with a Storm have cited?
    Have you done a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 11:54 AM
    Have you done a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yup, no changes.
    03-23-09 12:55 PM
    Hello? GolfTraxx has posted several times on here since I first brought up my issue with the SW and no response?

1) How do you back up holes while in the application?
    2) Any ideas why my menu items differ from those posted in this thread?

I am looking for some help here...
    Last edited by carl spackler; 03-24-09 at 08:57 AM.
    03-24-09 07:12 AM
    Not sure if other users have had the same problem that I've had, but just in case...

After installing Golftraxx, every time I search a zip code for courses I was getting a 404 error. VERY simple fix. It turns out that after I entered in the zip code, my BB (Storm) automatically inserted a space after the 5 digits. Delete that space, and the courses pop up!
    03-24-09 07:53 AM
    Hi Karl,

I am using Golftraxx on my Storm and it's pretty cool. To back up a hole press the Blackberry key and select "Previous".

Also I had to disable the compatibility mode to get the display to show up right. Options->Advanced Option->Applications->highlight Golftrax->bb key->Disable compatibility mode.
    03-24-09 02:15 PM
    I just checked Google Earth and FlashEarth and about half the course is nicely imaged in GE... the other is unusable. Flash is even worse.

So, the next way to do this is take your BB out there and record the locations manually. Big ouch! What I would suggest is not trying to figure out the green centers, rather go for the green fronts and green backs and then use that info to extrapolate the green centers. Use real kirby markers for the T locations at the 100, 150, 200 or 250 marks.

I would suggest that you give me a call and we can strategize on this course. Its going to take a bit of work now, or we just have to sit and wait for Google to update newer imagery.

gb

Ooops, here are the actually co-ords copied from google maps.

(49.68583138308083, -97.29299068450928)
    03-25-09 01:18 AM
    Carl,

The back/delete button is the regular way to go back on a course. The Storm is best used as mentioned before in the emulation mode.

As for why your menu items are different. Did you instal the 8800 version? OR possibly the Curve, or Pearl version? I think it is possible that you have the wrong one loaded.

gb

Hello? GolfTraxx has posted several times on here since I first brought up my issue with the SW and no response?

1) How do you back up holes while in the application?
    2) Any ideas why my menu items differ from those posted in this thread?

I am looking for some help here...
    03-25-09 01:23 AM
    Carl,

The back/delete button is the regular way to go back on a course. The Storm is best used as mentioned before in the emulation mode.

As for why your menu items are different. Did you instal the 8800 version? OR possibly the Curve, or Pearl version? I think it is possible that you have the wrong one loaded.

gb
    Fixed! I installed the wrong version of the SW. Thank you for helping me sort this out.

OK, next question: The proper version for the Storm does not default to the number pad upon launching like the "wrong" version did. Is this something the user can select or a change for future versions? The SW right now, as I understand it, only allows searching via zip code, so why even have the letters show up upon launching or is search by course name in the works?
    Last edited by carl spackler; 03-25-09 at 06:24 AM.
    03-25-09 06:02 AM
    Acutally, ALL BB's default to letters in input fields... Stinks and is a nuance that I am not sure how it will be dealt with in later versions (I'm not a SW Eng.)

Glad to have solved your prior issue. I knew it had to be something simple.

Fixed! I installed the wrong version of the SW. Thank you for helping me sort this out.

OK, next question: The proper version for the Storm does not default to the number pad upon launching like the "wrong" version did. Is this something the user can select or a change for future versions? The SW right now, as I understand it, only allows searching via zip code, so why even have the letters show up upon launching or is search by course name in the works?
    03-26-09 01:50 AM
    So, here I am part of the company that brings you GolfTraxx and I'm going to as a question out here.

I have an 8310 ATT Curve and am moving it over to a Mac. I removed GolfTraxx (OK First mistake) as I am trying to duplicate an error that a user is having. Well, I did it...

I am using PocketMac and have loaded the app, loaded the driver updates and reloaded GolfTraxx. I can get to the main screen, change my user profile info... BUT, GolfTraxx is not shown under options-->advanced options-->Applications. It simply doesn't show up in the list of applications.

So, Question: Is anyone out here on a Mac that has use either PocketMac or similar DM application and loaded up GolfTraxx? If yes, drop me a note asap please.

I guess all is not lost - I still have GolfTraxx on my iPhone, but losing a demo/test unit stinks!
    03-26-09 01:55 AM
263 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD