Check out my post: Free Golf GPS Software (developed by a software employee at RIM)

forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=834946#post834946
    10-15-08 09:19 AM
    Yes, Spook Rock is mapped in zip code 10901

400y champ
    Par 4
    HC 11
    Extras include
    50 & 150 approaches
    2 greenside bunkers
    2 fairway bunkers
    (This course was mapped in finite detail by a member)
    Too bad the season is ending pretty soon

How'd we do?

hi. thanks for the reply. greenfinder is $35US a year; if a course is mapped, it's available to be downloaded to my bb. i've added a couple of courses during the year and it was ok. i will download golftraxx to my curve (at&t) running 4.5.81 and check it out... and i'll let you know how it goes. my main course is spook rock in suffern, ny. do you have that one nailed??

thanks.
    10-15-08 11:18 PM
    A. Not at this time. No one has sent us one to do dev on.
    Want to volunteer your unit for a few weeks?

i plan on getting the storm when it launches. will this run on the new phone?
    thanks
    10-15-08 11:20 PM
    what is this?
    10-23-08 10:27 PM
    Not sure what your question is... GolfTraxx is a Golf GPS application for smart phones. We run on BB, iPhone, WM, Pocket PC and Palm OS based platforms. We are a free application. You can check out our news at GolfTraxx News for the latest.

what is this?
    10-26-08 03:32 PM
    I just downloaded this to my 8310, everything installed just a question. Do I need to be on the course to use it? When I punch in my zipcode three courses come up, but when I select one it doesn't do anything.
    10-29-08 10:17 AM
    Not sure if you had called us on this, but feel free to drop us a call and we can walk you through. The info you mention below is not enough to give you a definitive answer.

Do you need to be on the course - no, it will give you distances to any mapped course from anywhere on the planet.

gb

I just downloaded this to my 8310, everything installed just a question. Do I need to be on the course to use it? When I punch in my zipcode three courses come up, but when I select one it doesn't do anything.
    11-01-08 02:28 AM
    I purchased Golftraxx. Could not get GPS to work between ATT 8300 and puck. mScorecard sent me a workaround and their product rocks. I asked Golftraxx for a refund and haven't heard a PEEP since.
    11-23-08 08:09 PM
    Chester - Contact me directly and I will get this cleared up asap.

gb

I purchased Golftraxx. Could not get GPS to work between ATT 8300 and puck. mScorecard sent me a workaround and their product rocks. I asked Golftraxx for a refund and haven't heard a PEEP since.
    11-24-08 02:16 AM
    So does this work as a GPS would on on the carts themselves? If I am in the middle of a hole will it tell me how far away I am from the hole? This is probably a stupid question, but I would like to know.

Dave
    11-24-08 05:39 PM
    Hi Dave,

To the hole, No, but no GPS (even cart mounted ones) will give you to the hole accuracy.

GolfTraxx via mapping extras, CAN get you yardages to the middle of pin sectors which IS the accuracy that is on a cart system. Each green is broken up into sectors (most courses do 3, 6, or possibly 9) and through mapping each sector's center as an extra, you can get this level of accuracy.

Feel free to email me directly and I can show you an example.

So does this work as a GPS would on on the carts themselves? If I am in the middle of a hole will it tell me how far away I am from the hole? This is probably a stupid question, but I would like to know.

Dave
    11-25-08 12:46 AM
    Is there a version for AT&T Pearl
    11-25-08 09:28 AM
    Hi Andrew,

Head over to our blog at

GolfTraxx News and hit the link find GolfTraxx courses.

I know that we have Cleydael Golf & CC mapped. I am 99.99% sure ANY other course in Belgium is not mapped.

The app is at
    http://pdazip.com/golftraxx_blackberry.zip

Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions at [email protected]

gb

I live in Belgium and have a 8310. I would be happy to map a few courses here and to try the SW. I would start with my home course which I can map accurately even though G Earth pictures are ropey. How do I find out which courses you have in your database for non US Zip codes?

Thanks and look forward to trying it
    Andrew
    11-28-08 09:13 PM
    YES the pearl is supported (although I will hand it to you for being able to read such a small screen)

Head to GolfTraxx News, hit the link to the main site, and then hit downloads.

Drop me a note if you run into any problems.

Is there a version for AT&T Pearl
    11-28-08 09:17 PM
    is there a version out for the storm yet? i would love to use this on my local courses.
    12-02-08 11:39 AM
    Download the file and use the 88xx version. We have heard from several users that this build will work on it. AND you don't need VZNAV!!!!!!

is there a version out for the storm yet? i would love to use this on my local courses.
    12-04-08 02:55 AM
    Okay, I went to your news page, and from there to the courses listing page. I entered my zip code in the "courses mapped" box, and then did the same in the "courses to be mapped" one. I got what appears to be the same courses from each one. One course is listed twice in both. Are these listings of courses you actually have mapped in your database already, or just courses to be found in a given area? Why do the same courses show up in both? How can I tell for certain whether a specific course has already been mapped for your software before I buy? Your web page seems quite unhelpful.
    12-05-08 08:27 AM
    Spinny - Any course that shows on the 'to be mapped' page is not gps mapped for GolfTraxx and we would prefer that you map it rather than purchase the app. Yes, thats correct... we prefer the course to the money.

In fact - we give the SW away for free

http://pdazip.com/golftraxx_blackberry.zip

In this zip file is the users guide (called a quick start) and the search string to find ALL of our mapped courses is in there.

We are all about user generated content, paying it forward and contributing to the golf/GolfTraxx community.

I hope that answered your question. If not - send me and email. I will respond asap.

Yes, our main site is not pretty. We're working on it, but not at the expense of loading up courses.

gb

Okay, I went to your news page, and from there to the courses listing page. I entered my zip code in the "courses mapped" box, and then did the same in the "courses to be mapped" one. I got what appears to be the same courses from each one. One course is listed twice in both. Are these listings of courses you actually have mapped in your database already, or just courses to be found in a given area? Why do the same courses show up in both? How can I tell for certain whether a specific course has already been mapped for your software before I buy? Your web page seems quite unhelpful.
    12-05-08 03:15 PM
    I don't know if this has been answered as I am new to all this. Is this compatible with the storm? And if not, will it be soon?
    12-07-08 10:56 AM
    Hi Wakebrdr,

As much as the Storm is backwards compatible so are we... GolfTraxx was up and running on a users' device on day 1. So that is the good news. The not so good news is that this is the 8800 version, and not one that is optimized to use the Storm touch features.

We're still looking for a good BB Developer who wants to work for equity to step forward. We've got some really cool work to do.

I don't know if this has been answered as I am new to all this. Is this compatible with the storm? And if not, will it be soon?
    12-08-08 02:01 AM
    Thanks for your response. When time permits I'd be interested in mapping at least a couple of the local courses. One big problem is we golf at a couple of courses in the Adirondacks Park, and the Google map data there is worthless (doesn't exist except at very low resolution settings--so bad you can't even tell there's a golf course there). I don't know of any workaround unless/until they update those maps with usable satellite data. I guess that's the down side to relying on Google's mapping applications.
    12-09-08 08:51 AM
    Spinny - give me a call and I can show you an alternative (a bit time consuming, but it works...)

gb
    925 968 1737

Thanks for your response. When time permits I'd be interested in mapping at least a couple of the local courses. One big problem is we golf at a couple of courses in the Adirondacks Park, and the Google map data there is worthless (doesn't exist except at very low resolution settings--so bad you can't even tell there's a golf course there). I don't know of any workaround unless/until they update those maps with usable satellite data. I guess that's the down side to relying on Google's mapping applications.
    12-10-08 01:11 PM
    Just a quick not to say that the blog at blogspot.com was recently updated with new courses. We have updated HUNDREDS of new courses over the past two months.
    12-22-08 05:57 PM
    I'm a bit confused on your website. I put my zip code in the area for courses to be mapped and the list comes up with courses that I have already downloaded to my phone. I have seen in other posts that an error code comes up, should I go by that? I would love to start mapping courses, but I don't want to do the work that someone has already done.
    12-27-08 09:34 PM
    I changed the user profile to my zip code and now when I try to find courses it tells my connection has timed out, try again later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 07:40 AM
263 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD