Hi Rob - You should have seen my reply by now. The course should be up in a day or so, check GolfTraxx News for the latest news, courses, etc. I also sent you a link on how to find courses in your area, etc.

Welcome to the community!

Just got my new 8330 (with VZNav) and am interested in using Golftraxx as my on course GPS with that piggy-back method. I sent you an email earlier with a mapped course and scorecard. Let me know if I need anything else.

Rob
    08-22-08 02:09 PM
    Hi Big C.

An overlay of the course from a better source of imagery (USGS, any local provider, etc.) will also work. It takes a little bit of massaging the images, but the same lack of good GE data exists in many, many areas of the world.

Feel free to drop me a note [email protected] directly and I can try to walk you through the process.

As for the Bold (nice device!), we would be happy to see if one of the other builds works on it. Otherwise, that is obviously our next BB target.

Hi,
    I have just taken charge of my first Blackberry, a Bold, here in Northern Ireland, and would love to try this application, but having looked at google earth, they don't have maps of our course at a good enough resolution to follow those initial steps.
    Does your software work on the Bold, and is there another way to go about this-just using the device on the course??
    Thanks
    BigC
    08-22-08 02:15 PM
    I download the golftraxx software to my curve (8310). It finds a lot of the courses around my area. It does not find the private course that I work at (but I'd be willing to map it!). It also gives me a "response code = 404" when searching for the area code 30115.
    08-25-08 08:54 AM
    So are you saying that in order to use Golftraxx I need to pay the $10 for vznavigator if I have the Blackberry Curve and am a Verizon subscriber?
    08-25-08 10:32 AM
    We're working on the error codes, but that means no course is in that zip code has a scorecard or has been mapped. Feel free to contact me via phone or email and I'll walk you through the process. Its really easy.

I download the golftraxx software to my curve (8310). It finds a lot of the courses around my area. It does not find the private course that I work at (but I'd be willing to map it!). It also gives me a "response code = 404" when searching for the area code 30115.
    08-25-08 09:43 PM
    Strashk

No, we don't require it - you can use an external GPS puck that is Bluetooth synched to your BB. It is not the ideal solution as bluetooth is not an 'always on' and/or it can be easily dropped. Likewise VZNav isn't the best solution either as having two programs running in parallel, draws more power.

Some how you need to have a GPS signal that is available to our application. How you have this on a VZN phone is up to you.

Basically, VZN dictates the rules...we just have to figure out how to work within them.

So are you saying that in order to use Golftraxx I need to pay the $10 for vznavigator if I have the Blackberry Curve and am a Verizon subscriber?
    08-25-08 09:50 PM
    When trying out the application with my puck on the 8830 I get nothing but "response code=404" Any ideas???
    08-26-08 02:12 PM
    First guess is that you are entering a zip code without a course (Try 94583)
    Second might be that the bb is still set to look for the internal gps (check settings)

Drop me a call if neither of those work.

When trying out the application with my puck on the 8830 I get nothing but "response code=404" Any ideas???
    08-29-08 03:58 PM
    Hello I where when used with VZ Navigator Golftrax worked.
    Can you tell me what i need to download to my BB Curve.

Thanks

Steve
    09-04-08 10:34 AM
    Didn't work I am looking in Zip Code 01002 my BB sees my puck as the GPS. Any other ideas?

the course I am looking at is Hickory Ridge
    09-04-08 11:50 AM
    First guess is that you are entering a zip code without a course (Try 94583)
    Second might be that the bb is still set to look for the internal gps (check settings)

Drop me a call if neither of those work.
    Trying zip code 01002 - I am looking at Hickory Ridge

My BB has my puck as GPS

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks
    09-04-08 11:54 AM
    Soxfan,

Drop me a call 877-354-GOLF (hit prompts to sales)

gb

Trying zip code 01002 - I am looking at Hickory Ridge

My BB has my puck as GPS

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks
    09-04-08 03:03 PM
    I downloaded the zip file but when trying to install the software, I get a "no additional applications designed for your device were found". Any ideas??
    09-16-08 12:10 PM
    Hi Winco -

Give me a call - I can walk you through the install. 1-866-354-GOLF (option 1)

I downloaded the zip file but when trying to install the software, I get a "no additional applications designed for your device were found". Any ideas??
    09-17-08 12:13 PM
    I have a 8310 ATT and would like to try this software. How can I get it? Will this work without any additional devices needed?
    09-19-08 09:25 PM
    will this work in canada do you need a subscription for gps from your service provider
    09-20-08 08:11 PM
    Hi Grape Ape,

YES this works in Canada - We have just over 100 Canadian courses and growing weekly. Most Canadian carriers don't castrate their devices on the GPS side. What device and carrier are you on?

Feel free to contact me directly via our blog or via phone at 877.354.GOLF (option #1) Answered from 9A - 10P Pacific Time)

will this work in canada do you need a subscription for gps from your service provider
    09-21-08 12:46 PM
    Hi Grape Ape,

YES this works in Canada - We have just over 100 Canadian courses and growing weekly. Most Canadian carriers don't castrate their devices on the GPS side. What device and carrier are you on?

Feel free to contact me directly via our blog or via phone at 877.354.GOLF (option #1) Answered from 9A - 10P Pacific Time)

09-21-08 12:47 PM
    Hi Grape Ape,

09-21-08 12:53 PM
    I live in Belgium and have a 8310. I would be happy to map a few courses here and to try the SW. I would start with my home course which I can map accurately even though G Earth pictures are ropey. How do I find out which courses you have in your database for non US Zip codes?

Thanks and look forward to trying it
    Andrew
    10-02-08 09:32 AM
    hi. i have an 8310 with at&t and use greenfinder. ive been pretty pleased with how it works but am always open to trying new stuff, especially better stuff! can i install both pgms on my bb or will that be an issue? are there compelling features and benefits i should know about golftraxx? thanks!
    10-02-08 04:53 PM
    MNL - We are pretty much attacking the same goal... getting great gps data to golfers using their own device. While GF provides a free (5 course/round) trial, if you map a course for use with GolfTraxx, you get all of our courses for free. No questions. Based on the screenshots, I believe we provide better info (eg, Reach and Carry for all extras.) Where I see some of their extras just have a reach or just a carry. We believe that since some golfers will be able carry a lake that is 250, we should give them the info.

We are working on updates to GolfTraxx, but the basic idea won't change. And the price will stay at free for quite some time.
    10-04-08 03:21 PM
    andrewh - I sent you a PM, but have not heard from you.

Our site allows searching via postal codes. Send me a PM or call our toll free line and I will walk you through the process.

I live in Belgium and have a 8310. I would be happy to map a few courses here and to try the SW. I would start with my home course which I can map accurately even though G Earth pictures are ropey. How do I find out which courses you have in your database for non US Zip codes?

Thanks and look forward to trying it
    Andrew
    10-04-08 03:23 PM
    i plan on getting the storm when it launches. will this run on the new phone?
    thanks
    10-08-08 08:17 AM
    And the price will stay at free for quite some time.
    hi. thanks for the reply. greenfinder is $35US a year; if a course is mapped, it's available to be downloaded to my bb. i've added a couple of courses during the year and it was ok. i will download golftraxx to my curve (at&t) running 4.5.81 and check it out... and i'll let you know how it goes. my main course is spook rock in suffern, ny. do you have that one nailed??

thanks.
    10-08-08 03:28 PM
263 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD