This is the area to chat about the GolfTraxx application. Input on the application functions, UI, errors, etc., are game here.
    06-17-08 07:38 PM
    Is it hard to read and to use?
    07-02-08 06:16 AM
    Is it hard to read and to use?
    Not hard at all. BBs allow you to increase the font size to your liking and the application is VERY easy to use. One of the basics is that is has to be usable with one hand on the course.

We are interested in getting some feedback from a pearl user, so please stop on by the site to get started.
    Last edited by GolfTraxx; 07-09-08 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    07-09-08 01:28 PM
    i got a 8120.. ill do some free testing for you
    07-09-08 02:25 PM
    i got a 8120.. ill do some free testing for you
    Very good! Please send me a PM or call me via our toll free# 877-354-GOLF (follow the prompts to sales) and we can discuss this live how to get you started.
    07-10-08 11:37 AM
    I would love to test on an 8830 for you
    07-10-08 04:30 PM
    I would love to test on an 8830 for you
    Same as above.. Drop me a PM, or direct email at [email protected] and I will get you set up. The actual application is at:

Http://pdazip.com/golftraxx_blackberry.zip

Guide to how to map a course and send it to us for upload/download:
    http://pdazip.com/MappingCourses.pdf

Want to have a DETAILED map of your course Use this link to learn how....
    http://pdazip.com/MappingExtras.pdf

Once you have sent in a course, we will send you link to find out what courses are mapped in your area, and even world-wide.

I also take calls from 9A to 9P (Pacific Time) and always love chatting with other golfers. I'm rather new to the game myself.
    07-12-08 01:29 AM
    If you have a VZN BB and want to run GolfTraxx, we may have a work-around. We are looking for testers to see how well this works on 88, Curve and Perl Devices.

In response to the VZN GPS issue, I would like to see if this is a generalized solution OR just a one-time event. This requires a user to have VZ Navigator working, (and the associated monthly cost,) BUT this seems to be a good way to unlock the potential of a VZ BB device.

One of our users gave us the following information on how to get GolfTraxx (and potentially any GPS enabled) application to work on a VZN phone even though VZN doesn't technically give us poor third party developers the data feed.

Steps:
    1. Turn on the VZ Navigator program.
    2. Click on 'maps', then click on 'follow me maps'.
    (This activates the GPS capability of the VZW Blackberry device)
    3. Leaving VZ Navigator running, open the GolfTraxx program and enter the appropriate golf course info.

I downloaded Golftraxx to experiment and viola! it works! One will use more battery power running both programs concurrently, but as long as you battery is full prior to starting, one should not run empty in a normal 18 hole round.

In the follow-up call, he said that on the golf course the BB was clicking off yards step by step. SO, 1 there are good GPS chip(s) in those devices and they do have the capability for <3y accuracy! He was actually walking with a SkyCaddy user and the numbers were EXACTLY the same on both devices. Woo Hoo!
    Last edited by GolfTraxx; 07-15-08 at 08:34 PM.
    07-15-08 01:51 AM
    I have a 8830 and would love to test it for you to see how it works. Email me your response at [email protected]
    07-20-08 06:50 PM
    I just sent you an email.

I have a 8830 and would love to test it for you to see how it works. Email me your response at [email protected]
    07-20-08 11:14 PM
    If you have a VZN BB and want to run GolfTraxx, we may have a work-around. We are looking for testers to see how well this works on 88, Curve and Perl Devices.

In response to the VZN GPS issue, I would like to see if this is a generalized solution OR just a one-time event. This requires a user to have VZ Navigator working, (and the associated monthly cost,) BUT this seems to be a good way to unlock the potential of a VZ BB device.

One of our users gave us the following information on how to get GolfTraxx (and potentially any GPS enabled) application to work on a VZN phone even though VZN doesn't technically give us poor third party developers the data feed.

Steps:
    3. Leaving VZ Navigator running, open the GolfTraxx program and enter the appropriate golf course info.

I downloaded Golftraxx to experiment and viola! it works! One will use more battery power running both programs concurrently, but as long as you battery is full prior to starting, one should not run empty in a normal 18 hole round.

In the follow-up call, he said that on the golf course the BB was clicking off yards step by step. SO, 1 there are good GPS chip(s) in those devices and they do have the capability for <3y accuracy! He was actually walking with a SkyCaddy user and the numbers were EXACTLY the same on both devices. Woo Hoo!
    I would love to be able to test this on a verizon curve for you as well as to find out if it works. This is an awesome product if it is able to work with verizon products.
    07-27-08 10:50 AM
    Hi,

I'm relatively new to this and like my golf too. Is this for the US only? I am in England and have an 8100 Pearl. Any use for testing?
    07-29-08 08:21 AM
    I'm downloading the apps now.

I've got a 8310 - Curve through AT&T

My normal course is in Coralville, Iowa, but I'm going golfing in the morning at St. Andrews in Cedar Rapids.

Heading to see if you already have the courses mapped now...
    08-01-08 10:11 PM
    Hi Thomopt - We work just fine in the UK. We have ~20 UK courses sent in by our community.

Hi,

I'm relatively new to this and like my golf too. Is this for the US only? I am in England and have an 8100 Pearl. Any use for testing?
    08-04-08 12:46 AM
    Hi momsmobilecamara -

Sorry for not responding sooner (was out of town.) We have pockets of courses in IA, we look forward to getting a course or two and your input.

I'm downloading the apps now.

I've got a 8310 - Curve through AT&T

My normal course is in Coralville, Iowa, but I'm going golfing in the morning at St. Andrews in Cedar Rapids.

Heading to see if you already have the courses mapped now...
    08-04-08 12:56 AM
    it didn't happen. GoogleEarth was freaking out on me Friday night. After deleting & trying to reinstall - still didn't work.

New laptop loadset from our IT dept is killing me!
    If I get GE to work - I'll try to get some courses that we play to you.
    08-05-08 03:04 PM
    I had some serious technical issues the past weeks as well. Tower PC at home smoked a motherboard ($225), then a waitress at a local brewpub tossed my beer into the vents on my macbook (toast) They are making good on it, but the loss of productivity stinks.

it didn't happen. GoogleEarth was freaking out on me Friday night. After deleting & trying to reinstall - still didn't work.

New laptop loadset from our IT dept is killing me!
    If I get GE to work - I'll try to get some courses that we play to you.
    08-09-08 04:08 PM

Steps:

This sounds like a great work around and I'm going to try it "Under Protest" that Verizon would require subscription to a pay for service, unrelated to the one I'm using other than turning on the chip that I own in my phone!!!

I have lodged a complaint against Verizon at the FCC and recommend that others do as well. It's easy, just go to their website.... remember it is dot org.

Tom in NJ
    08-12-08 09:48 AM
    I installed Golftraxx on my VZW Curve and it works with both the internal GPS (i.e. VZ Navigator) and an external puck. I just mapped my home course and eagerly await using this on the course.
    08-18-08 01:46 PM
    Greg:

Nice talking to you this morning.

I can't change the User Profile options on Golftraxx. I want to change the default zip code to my home course's and put in my name and e-amil address. BUT, after I click close and save, nothing happens. Any thoughts?
    08-18-08 01:49 PM
    I have an 8830 which I am going to try with a puck rather than VZN. I would love to try it with the Golftraxx software.

Thanks
    08-18-08 01:50 PM
    Drop me another call - We've not seen this issue with VZ in the past.

gb

Greg:

Nice talking to you this morning.

I can't change the User Profile options on Golftraxx. I want to change the default zip code to my home course's and put in my name and e-amil address. BUT, after I click close and save, nothing happens. Any thoughts?
    08-18-08 02:29 PM
    I have an 8830 which I am going to try with a puck rather than VZN. I would love to try it with the Golftraxx software.

Thanks
    Welcome to the GolfTraxx community. Feel free to either PM or email me directly.
    08-18-08 02:31 PM
    Just got my new 8330 (with VZNav) and am interested in using Golftraxx as my on course GPS with that piggy-back method. I sent you an email earlier with a mapped course and scorecard. Let me know if I need anything else.

Rob
    08-20-08 08:49 AM
    Hi,
    I have just taken charge of my first Blackberry, a Bold, here in Northern Ireland, and would love to try this application, but having looked at google earth, they don't have maps of our course at a good enough resolution to follow those initial steps.
    Does your software work on the Bold, and is there another way to go about this-just using the device on the course??
    Thanks
    BigC
    08-21-08 03:56 PM
263 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD