i would love to try out the app for my bb storm. i would much rather purchase this for $30 than the garmin for $200 plus $30 a month. just tell me what i do and i'd love to help out. thanks!
    Hi Mercab... We've been on the Storm for quite some time.... If you can keep a secret, were working on a pretty version.

DOOH! Did I just post that to the world?

Cheers all - I will try to post more often here. Feel free to email me directly when you need help. [email protected]
    07-18-09 08:25 PM
    im just curious if your still looking for users i have a new skycaddie and im a golf instructor and have always looked to having one on my tour so if you have one that supports the tour let me know
    benatrrgolf - we are a bit past the testers stage, but are always looking for new users. We DO in fact work on the Tour. We got a call in the WEE WEE hours in the morning here on the west coast the day the tour came out. Seems we have a rather passionate user who was more than happy to load us up in his car the moment he left the store. I think he had a 9:30 tee time.

We are very happy that VZN is finally getting it about GPS!
    07-18-09 08:28 PM
    Are you looking for people to test it out on the 9630? Send me an email or PM if you are.
    dataz... got that covered, thank you. See the prior post. Nice device BTW. VZN gets one thumb up for finally getting the memo on GPS being in the public domain. (They still don't like 3rd party applications, so I have heard that users of their other devices are best to not update software if they want to keep the GPS feed available.)
    07-18-09 08:32 PM
    Does your software run on Blackberry Storm? I'll test it if it does.
    07-21-09 10:53 AM
    Does your software run on Blackberry Storm? I'll test it if it does.
    Jim, If you (or anyone here with a Storm) is in the SF Bay Area - ideally the East Bay, let me know... I could use a tester...

Give me a call via the 800 number, hit 'sales' to reach me.
    07-27-09 12:46 AM
    If you are on Alltell/VZN please check out this discussion and let us know if this is real... So far it seems like an ideal solution.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/rea...v1-0-a-192999/ It is a discussion within Crackberry.

Also, if you have a BB STORM and want to beta test a new build (early in the development stage), contact me ASAP!

You can be anywhere.
    07-31-09 01:09 PM
    Hi From Wisconsin,
    Just picked up a BB Storm 9530 and would love to beta test the GolfTraxx. My home course is Horseshoe Bay Golf Club in Egg Harbor, but I play often at Hilly Haven in De Pere and Oneida Golf and Country Club in Green Bay as well as others in the Green Bay area. I also travel often to Ft. Lauderdale FL to visit my children and grandchildren. My carrier is Verizon.
    08-01-09 10:13 PM
    Hi, great program when it works. I have a 8320 curve with an external GPS bluetooth puck. The program works great for about 4 holes then locks up (no updates for yardage). I keep the phone near the puck at all times but it still locks up after about 4 holes. Any suggestions???? I noticed someone else in the forum had the same issues, but nothing to solve the problem.
    08-03-09 09:53 AM
    Hi From Wisconsin,
    Just picked up a BB Storm 9530 and would love to beta test the GolfTraxx. My home course is Horseshoe Bay Golf Club in Egg Harbor, but I play often at Hilly Haven in De Pere and Oneida Golf and Country Club in Green Bay as well as others in the Green Bay area. I also travel often to Ft. Lauderdale FL to visit my children and grandchildren. My carrier is Verizon.
    MVL - nice phone. We have GolfTraxx working on the Storm already, and are looking at a few folks to check out a next gen version that will take advantage of the Storm's unique touch UI. You can get GolfTraxx via our site http://www.golftraxx.com/blackberry.html or have us map a course and get the application at GolfTraxx - Products
    08-05-09 03:17 AM
    Hi, great program when it works. I have a 8320 curve with an external GPS bluetooth puck. The program works great for about 4 holes then locks up (no updates for yardage). I keep the phone near the puck at all times but it still locks up after about 4 holes. Any suggestions???? I noticed someone else in the forum had the same issues, but nothing to solve the problem.
    gvision - To the best of our knowledge in the few situations that we have seen this, it has been from lost signals between the two devices, and not our software.

There is a remote possibility that the holes file is messed up, so if you check on the site (courses page), scorecard, check each hole, to see if the info is correct there. If the hole info is corrupted, let us know and we'll reprocess.
    08-05-09 03:21 AM
    Greetings,
    I just finished mapping my first course (Green Mountain National Golf Course in VT) and will send it in momentarily. Looking forward to trying your product. Unfortunately, I'm playing at this course in 23 hours, so that isn't a whole lot of time to get it up and running and get the program installed, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best! Can't wait to try it out.

Jeff
    08-07-09 12:39 PM
    Greetings,
    I just finished mapping my first course (Green Mountain National Golf Course in VT) and will send it in momentarily. Looking forward to trying your product. Unfortunately, I'm playing at this course in 23 hours, so that isn't a whole lot of time to get it up and running and get the program installed, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best! Can't wait to try it out.

Jeff
    JR - I saw that you and Frank exchanged emails regarding the course. Hope we got up in time.
    08-08-09 01:36 AM
    Wow, great turn around!! The course is up and I just downloaded and it seems to be working. I just have to get familiar with in the next few hours. Thanks!!

I spoke too soon. I keep getting an error message "Connection timed out please try again later" anytime I try to search for a course. It worked once, but now I get the error every time. I'll have to search to see if anyone else had this error.

Jeff
    Last edited by JRHank05; 08-08-09 at 08:49 AM. Reason: update
    08-08-09 07:21 AM
    If you have a VZN BB and want to run GolfTraxx, we may have a work-around. We are looking for testers to see how well this works on 88, Curve and Perl Devices.

In response to the VZN GPS issue, I would like to see if this is a generalized solution OR just a one-time event. This requires a user to have VZ Navigator working, (and the associated monthly cost,) BUT this seems to be a good way to unlock the potential of a VZ BB device.

One of our users gave us the following information on how to get GolfTraxx (and potentially any GPS enabled) application to work on a VZN phone even though VZN doesn't technically give us poor third party developers the data feed.

Steps:
    1. Turn on the VZ Navigator program.
    2. Click on 'maps', then click on 'follow me maps'.
    (This activates the GPS capability of the VZW Blackberry device)
    3. Leaving VZ Navigator running, open the GolfTraxx program and enter the appropriate golf course info.

I downloaded Golftraxx to experiment and viola! it works! One will use more battery power running both programs concurrently, but as long as you battery is full prior to starting, one should not run empty in a normal 18 hole round.

In the follow-up call, he said that on the golf course the BB was clicking off yards step by step. SO, 1 there are good GPS chip(s) in those devices and they do have the capability for <3y accuracy! He was actually walking with a SkyCaddy user and the numbers were EXACTLY the same on both devices. Woo Hoo!

gb, I have the pearl 8130 and didn't hear if there were costs associated with the VZNavigator program. I suspect it is a monthly charge so of course I tried the steps without the VZNavigator and still getting a download error response code 400. I am not sure I am inputting correctly but again I don't want to sign up for Verizon's services (VZNavigator) just to find out my phone is not capable. Any suggestions? I have a friend who has been using another product and I was really looking to have that but traded in my storm because it was too large and slooooow! Therefore I HAVE to get this program up and running on my phone before I have to hear him one more time about why I should have kept the Storm. Thanks.

kwilliamsfishing
    08-11-09 01:46 PM
    Is there a trial version of your software? I want to be sure it will work with my Verizon 8330 before I buy.
    Last edited by grayhound04; 08-15-09 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Title
    08-15-09 09:22 AM
    How to I get Golftraxx to work the best it can on the Storm? I've been reading all kinds of stuff on several different websites, but there does not seem to be one place where I can get a step-by-step walkthrough on downloading and installing GolfTraxx for the Storm. I already have downloaded it via ZIP and installed it using the Blackberry Desktop Manager, but I'm not sure it's setup the best it can be for the Storm.
    08-16-09 03:59 PM
    By the way. I have it loaded and I've tried downloading the courses I mapped, but I still the get "time out" error. I've read the FAQ and done what it says. Any ideas?
    08-16-09 06:18 PM
    Solved my own problem. I used Blackberry's Desktop to remove Golftraxx and then used OTA link in e-mail. No more "timed out" error. Hmmmm.
    08-16-09 06:32 PM
    I've used Golftraxx a couple times now at my home course and it seems pretty accurate. Many thanks to Greg and Frank for the speedy turn around getting me up and running. This is a nice tool to have. It will be even better once a bb developer gets on board to get stat tracking running (volunteers please?!?).
    Side note: I couldn't get the program to run the first time as I was getting a timed out error. I went into the user profile from the main screen and changed from BES to BIS and presto.

-Jeff
    08-20-09 04:32 PM
    I've used Golftraxx a couple times now at my home course and it seems pretty accurate. Many thanks to Greg and Frank for the speedy turn around getting me up and running. This is a nice tool to have. It will be even better once a bb developer gets on board to get stat tracking running (volunteers please?!?).
    Side note: I couldn't get the program to run the first time as I was getting a timed out error. I went into the user profile from the main screen and changed from BES to BIS and presto.

-Jeff
    Thanks Jeff! We're paying it forward and doing our best
    08-22-09 01:10 PM
    If anyone is, or knows a Telus user, please let us know how it works on that carrier. Telus has been a bit of a PITA, and it looks like we've got it resolved. Looking for some confirmation (use the default 94506 zip code.) Thanks
    08-22-09 01:12 PM
    Will the application work on my phone?
    08-23-09 01:37 PM
    If you are on Alltell/VZN please check out this discussion and let us know if this is real... So far it seems like an ideal solution.

It is a discussion within Crackberry.

Also, if you have a BB STORM and want to beta test a new build (early in the development stage), contact me ASAP!

You can be anywhere.
    Golftraxx, I followed this procedure on my 8830 and while the procedure appears to have worked (no errors, GPS functionality looks to be enabled), I receive an error when loading a course. The error states: "GPS is not supported on this platform, exiting . . ."

According to what I'm reading on the Crackberry forums, VZW opened up the GPS functionality in the 4.5 version of the BB OS, but no third party apps have developed functionality for it yet. Some people claim that the app developer needs to pay VZW $ for the ability to use it.

I received the same results when attempting to use another third-party golf GPS app.
    08-26-09 12:19 PM
    Golftraxx, I followed this procedure on my 8830 and while the procedure appears to have worked (no errors, GPS functionality looks to be enabled), I receive an error when loading a course. The error states: "GPS is not supported on this platform, exiting . . ."

According to what I'm reading on the Crackberry forums, VZW opened up the GPS functionality in the 4.5 version of the BB OS, but no third party apps have developed functionality for it yet. Some people claim that the app developer needs to pay VZW $ for the ability to use it.

I received the same results when attempting to use another third-party golf GPS app.
    Yeah... Pay them to develop for their own 'special' platforms AND incur the costs associated with having multiple versions out at the same time... Thanks but NO. They (VZN) still doesn't get it!
    08-29-09 03:35 AM
    Will the application work on my phone?
    Older versions seem to be having no issues... using an external puck/fob or VZ Nav..... See the prior post on VZ's latest bozo moves on 'opening up GPS'. sorry you got me at a late time and they really grind my gears.
    08-29-09 03:36 AM
263 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD