I have the 8330 curve I tried the VZ Nav follow me function and it doesnt work for me. Anyone have any updates on when Verizon will have the software upgrade to unlock the GPS? I talked to a sales rep and he says they are beta testing it now but I cant find the beta test download.
    05-09-09 10:13 PM
    I have the 8330 curve I tried the VZ Nav follow me function and it doesnt work for me. Anyone have any updates on when Verizon will have the software upgrade to unlock the GPS? I talked to a sales rep and he says they are beta testing it now but I cant find the beta test download.
    Might I suggest you purchase an external GPS puck? I recently bought the Freedom 2000 GPS Keychain and can now enjoy this great program.

Don't wait on Verizon, unless you have a lifetime to waste.
    05-10-09 08:52 PM
    When trying to view Heritage Country Club in zip 01507 I can go hole to hole with GPS, but the yardage and HCP is not displayed even though the course info say GPS Coordinates = YES.
    05-11-09 02:13 PM
    forget it found it
    Last edited by bdstorm; 05-12-09 at 10:54 AM.
    05-11-09 02:24 PM
    I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but BES is used if you are connected thru a corporate email account. BIS should be used if you have things like gmail or yahoo services setup.

If I were you, I'd set it at BIS.

Also, my subscription ID is set at "000000" (six zeros).

My email address and names are set at "No Entry" and Gateway and APN are blank, too.

I'm assuming you have some kind of data plan?

Hi thanks for clearing up a few things! Yep, I have unlimited data plan.... i just cant think what it could be anymore. have any other uk vodafone customers got this working on the storm?
    05-14-09 05:02 AM
    will this work for the bb storm? or is it in the works?
    05-23-09 09:53 AM
    will this work for the bb storm? or is it in the works?
    I'm told it works.
    05-25-09 12:46 AM
    do i use the one for the BB or does the one for the iphone work
    05-25-09 07:57 AM
    Do you have an iphone or a Blackberry?

Don't answer that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 08:42 AM
    Greg,

Is there anyway to update the version I have to a newer one? Or is there only one version out?

06-01-09 03:33 PM
    well its that time again we used to email each other i lost all of my stuff i havent done any courses lately but i want to do a couple i need one monday for a golf course called mystic golf on jerseville road in ancaster ontario canada. could you send me anything to help me send you courses again. thank you
    06-04-09 03:30 PM
    We have versions for each device.

For show, use the iPhone, for skinns, use the BB

do i use the one for the BB or does the one for the iphone work
    06-06-09 12:20 PM
    Hi Grape,

I've been quiet out here as well (I'm trying to make a living these days.) [Anyone interested in going Solar (PV) or starting a solar business, drop me a note.]

BTW - the community is doing a great job supporting eachother. Thanks!!!!!

well its that time again we used to email each other i lost all of my stuff i havent done any courses lately but i want to do a couple i need one monday for a golf course called mystic golf on jerseville road in ancaster ontario canada. could you send me anything to help me send you courses again. thank you
    Hit the downloads page on our site for the mapping guides. Nothing has changed, but all the info is there: GolfTraxx - Contact
    06-06-09 12:24 PM
    Hi SC -

You have the current version... We are still looking for a good BB developer who will code for stock grants. Seems everyone (including me) needs money these days.

Greg,

Is there anyway to update the version I have to a newer one? Or is there only one version out?

06-06-09 12:27 PM
    I sent payment to golftraxx but cannot figure out where to download it to the phone. Any suggestions? I left a message at the 800#...no one answered.
    06-18-09 01:52 PM
    I have had a support issue in to Golftraxx for a week now and they are not responding... Are they still in business??
    06-18-09 04:25 PM
    Well folks;

I was hoping that I had found an application for Golf GPS in the Golftraxx program and was quite excited by what I read on the Golftraxx website. I downloaded Google Earth, Mapped a course and sent it to the people at Golftraxx expecting a reply in two to three days as they stated on their wesite. I thought I would go ahead and purchase the license and then wait for them to send me a refund for the course submission.. Right??? Wrong.
    I have tried to contact them now about a technical problem for three weeks to no avail.. No response by Email, Phone, Snail mail, not even a kiss my A@@ you ain't gettin your money back. Sad story huh??? Ahh well a small price to pay for the lesson learned.. The program is a good one and could be a real winner if the developers cared a little more about their customer base but alas that is not the case...
    My advice stay away from this one as you will be completely on your own if you have any problems..
    06-23-09 10:06 PM
    RHutton - sorry for this situation....

Frank was out of the country (honeymoon no less) and was unable to retrieve his messages due to an outage. He has since tried to respond to every technical question. I also took tech calls during this time, so hopefully your issue has been resolved.

I am dealing with a family member that is hospitalized, so my ability to respond right now is also limited.

I did not see an email from you directly, so while I understand your disspair, I think you might also recognize that we are truly unfunded, community based, and do this (at this point) for the love of the game.
    06-26-09 03:15 PM
    I sent payment to golftraxx but cannot figure out where to download it to the phone. Any suggestions? I left a message at the 800#...no one answered.

You should have received both a confirmation/receipt and then a link to a zip file. We have started to change the zip name weekly as a large number of folks seem to be pirating the download.

Send Frank a note with a copy of your receipt and he will resend the link to you.
    06-26-09 03:17 PM
    You should have received both a confirmation/receipt and then a link to a zip file. We have started to change the zip name weekly as a large number of folks seem to be pirating the download.

Send Frank a note with a copy of your receipt and he will resend the link to you.
    I started a new thread on this before I saw this. I was sent the link dated 6-20-09, but it shows the "Page Not Found" error message and has for 2 weeks. I have sent a few emails and left messages. I will try again today. I also submitted a course so....
    06-29-09 12:00 PM
    I was sent the link and was able to download today. All is good

Let you know how it works when my course is configured.
    06-29-09 12:05 PM
    i would love to try out the app for my bb storm. i would much rather purchase this for $30 than the garmin for $200 plus $30 a month. just tell me what i do and i'd love to help out. thanks!
    07-14-09 11:45 AM
    my email is mercab18 @ gmail.com
    07-14-09 11:46 AM
    im just curious if your still looking for users i have a new skycaddie and im a golf instructor and have always looked to having one on my tour so if you have one that supports the tour let me know
    07-16-09 09:32 PM
    Are you looking for people to test it out on the 9630? Send me an email or PM if you are.
    07-16-09 09:49 PM
263 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD