Larry,

I sent you a note, but this also is an interesting trick to solve this...

Go to - Settings(or options) - security options - application permissions(it
    will build a list) - blackberry "4.2" system software - "click menu
    option(button to left of scroll ball) - edit permissions - "change
    connections and interactions to ALLOW"

Let me/us know how this works.

They said its running as it should, no problems. Verizon DOES NOT support third party applications. BBMaps has a contract with them, that's why it works on the Verizon Curve.

Could you put me in contact with one of your "folks" who got it to work? I'd like to review differences so I might get mine to work.

Are you sure they aren't running your program with a GPS puck?

Have them contact me here or by PIN mail.

Regards,
    Larry
    04-16-09 02:06 AM
    Is there anything in the works to make zip/postal codes be searchable by proximity? That is, if I search my home postal code then it'll show like the 5 closest courses? As it stands right now, I have to search the course's actual postal code for the search to work, even though its only 10km from my home address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 08:22 AM
    Larry,

I sent you a note, but this also is an interesting trick to solve this...

Go to - Settings(or options) - security options - application permissions(it
    will build a list) - blackberry "4.2" system software - "click menu
    option(button to left of scroll ball) - edit permissions - "change
    connections and interactions to ALLOW"

Let me/us know how this works.
    Still no luck; I get the "GPS not supported on this platform..." message regardless of those settings and with and without VZ Nav running in "follow-me" mode.

Thanks for the efforts.
    04-16-09 10:43 AM
    BigYellow,

YES there is and it is in the Quicks Start (users guide)... We have a special search URL that allows you to search by nearest zip codes. (basically it takes the zip code you enter and goes to the nearest 25 or so around it.)

We do not publish it here... BUT if you were to head over to our blog GolfTraxx News you can get there.

gb

Is there anything in the works to make zip/postal codes be searchable by proximity? That is, if I search my home postal code then it'll show like the 5 closest courses? As it stands right now, I have to search the course's actual postal code for the search to work, even though its only 10km from my home address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 07:14 PM
    Still no luck; I get the "GPS not supported on this platform..." message regardless of those settings and with and without VZ Nav running in "follow-me" mode.

Thanks for the efforts.
    Larry, give me another call (from a land/other phone)... lets walk through the VZNav BS together.
    04-16-09 07:15 PM
    Larry, give me another call (from a land/other phone)... lets walk through the VZNav BS together.
    Greg, will do.

Thanks.
    04-16-09 07:46 PM
    I am on Alltel and had no GPS at all untill I followed these instructions forums.crackberry dot com/f41/real-fix-broken-gps-guide-v1-0-a-192999/ I now can use amAzeGPS BBMaps and GoogleMaps for GPS.

Ohio_Golfer as soon as I get my download link for the course I mapped out last night I will check on my curve to see if it works. The above link is what I did to get gps software working with my curve. I am comfortable with the software that the workaround uses. I did have to upgrade to 4.5 OS for this to work. If golftraxx works on mine as I suspect it will I can help you through the process.
    Last edited by CaptJager; 04-17-09 at 05:26 PM.
    04-16-09 10:07 PM
    Here is a question Golftraxx Is there a way after building a map on google earth that you can check out yardages with blackberry before sending? I find your yardages for the T setting in some ways can not be followed as In Lakewoods Resort Cable, WI this is a placement course the T should be where to put your ball not just a standard 100 yards 150 yards. I know the owners of the courses around here and the one I mapped for the free software will be checked for accuracy by me as soon as I can get the software then I will make adjustments to the .kml file and resend to you. This will teach myself how to place the pins if I did it wrong in the first place. Msg me so i know where I stand.

Eric
    Last edited by CaptJager; 04-19-09 at 11:59 PM.
    04-18-09 03:48 AM
    You can use the ruler tool. Just set it to yards.
    04-18-09 08:09 AM
    I am on Alltel and had no GPS at all untill I followed these instructions forums.crackberry dot com/f41/real-fix-broken-gps-guide-v1-0-a-192999/ I now can use amAzeGPS BBMaps and GoogleMaps for GPS.

Ohio_Golfer as soon as I get my download link for the course I mapped out last night I will check on my curve to see if it works. The above link is what I did to get gps software working with my curve. I am comfortable with the software that the workaround uses. I did have to upgrade to 4.5 OS for this to work. If golftraxx works on mine as I suspect it will I can help you through the process.
    I appreciate it, Captain.

But I'm fairly certain we can't get mine to work because of the GPS chip Verizon puts in their Curves.

I've been doing a lot of reading and have come to the conclusion that I have an a-GPS chip when I need an Autonomous GPS chip for my phone to run this application. According to what I've read, Verizon ran out of their a-GPS chips for a short time and some lucky b'stards got Autonomous GPS chips installed in their Curves.

I ordered a Freedom 2000 GPS keychain puck yesterday; that should get me going.
    04-18-09 10:42 AM
    I would still try the directions they were made for verizon phones and if you want to try I can help you via phone while you are doing this trust me it worth the time to try it.
    Now to get the software for golftraxx that way I can finish the 4 other courses I play.
    04-18-09 10:51 PM
    You can use the ruler tool. Just set it to yards.
    I was referring to if the way I mapped out the course, if it was correct with the pins and such with the yardage.
    04-18-09 10:54 PM
    Eric - Put the T (Targets) where it is safe to land if the regular 100, 150, etc. locations put the player in a hazard or at a bad layup location.

Direct answer is that we don't have that ability at this time.

gb

Here is a question Golftraxx Is there a way after building a map on google earth that you can check out yardages with blackberry before sending? I find your yardages for the T setting in some ways can not be followed as In Lakewoods Resort Cable, WI this is a placement course the T should be where to put your ball not just a standard 100 yards 150 yards. I know the owners of the courses around here and the one I mapped for the free software will be checked for accuracy by me as soon as I can get the software then I will make adjustments to the .kml file and resend to you. This will teach myself how to place the pins if I did it wrong in the first place. Msg me so i know where I stand. 302BA40E

Eric
    04-19-09 10:15 PM
    Eric - Put the T (Targets) where it is safe to land if the regular 100, 150, etc. locations put the player in a hazard or at a bad layup location.

Direct answer is that we don't have that ability at this time.

gb
    I made sure there were no downward or upward lies ie where I would want to be in a perfect world. Any clue on when I will get the link for program D/L as I am anxious to see product and map other courses.
    Eric
    04-19-09 10:20 PM
    We're just a few days out... Drop me an email (you can find me on LinkedIn and our blog...) Mention your user ID.

g

I made sure there were no downward or upward lies ie where I would want to be in a perfect world. Any clue on when I will get the link for program D/L as I am anxious to see product and map other courses.
    Eric
    04-19-09 10:47 PM
    Cant email you through here not enough posts. and can not find yours.
    04-19-09 11:36 PM
    received Notification that the course I mapped is done and is available for d/l but still have not gotten link to the software.....
    04-22-09 02:41 AM
    received Notification that the course I mapped is done and is available for d/l but still have not gotten link to the software.....
    captJager... send the email requst/reminder to Frank via this link [email protected]
    04-24-09 01:35 AM
    Greg,

I got my Freedom 200 GPS keychain today. I'll let you know it works after my Saturday morning round.

I'm looking forward to it.
    04-24-09 08:28 PM
    Out...friggin...standing!

I had a little bit of trouble today, but I think it's cause I was using an external GPS device (Freedom 2000). I kept losing connection, but I think it's because I left the puck attach to my golf bag and carried my Blackberry; sometimes getting too far from my bag.

I'll do it again tomorrow and give my update.

Every golfer should have this application!!!
    04-25-09 03:25 PM
    Out...friggin...standing!

I had a little bit of trouble today, but I think it's cause I was using an external GPS device (Freedom 2000). I kept losing connection, but I think it's because I left the puck attach to my golf bag and carried my Blackberry; sometimes getting too far from my bag.
    Yes, that will cause a de-coupling of the phone and GPS.

I'll do it again tomorrow and give my update.

Every golfer should have this application!!!
    I could not agree more
    Last edited by GolfTraxx; 04-28-09 at 12:56 AM.
    04-28-09 12:51 AM
    Just sent a course file to Frank:

Country View Golf Course
    Ontario, OR

Thank you.
    04-28-09 05:16 PM
    I believe it is us that should be saying Thank You!

Just sent a course file to Frank:

Country View Golf Course
    Ontario, OR

Thank you.
    05-03-09 12:37 AM
    Hi!

I'm having a connection time out problem. When i search for a course i get the error almost instantly without the program even attemping to connect (apparently). I've given in three course files and been in touch with frank and greg with no solutions - greg asked me to call but it's not really practical for me (i'm in UK and dont pay the land line phone bill!).

I can assure you ive read the FAQ page and changed all the required settings to allow - it's got to be something else. Here's a list of things i've noticed that could have something to do with it...

Supscription id, email address and name are all empty - do I have to have some sort of account to get it to work?

Connection method is set to BES... I'm not sure what this means but I've tried it on BIS as well but seems to make no difference.

In wap options "Gateway and APN are blank. Whenever I try and input something there it never saves it, next time i look back it's always empty.

What is "use wap stack"?

Help would be fantastic, I can't wait to get this going!
    05-04-09 08:03 AM
    Hi!

I'm having a connection time out problem. When i search for a course i get the error almost instantly without the program even attemping to connect (apparently). I've given in three course files and been in touch with frank and greg with no solutions - greg asked me to call but it's not really practical for me (i'm in UK and dont pay the land line phone bill!).

I can assure you ive read the FAQ page and changed all the required settings to allow - it's got to be something else. Here's a list of things i've noticed that could have something to do with it...

Supscription id, email address and name are all empty - do I have to have some sort of account to get it to work?

Connection method is set to BES... I'm not sure what this means but I've tried it on BIS as well but seems to make no difference.

In wap options "Gateway and APN are blank. Whenever I try and input something there it never saves it, next time i look back it's always empty.

What is "use wap stack"?

Help would be fantastic, I can't wait to get this going!
    I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but BES is used if you are connected thru a corporate email account. BIS should be used if you have things like gmail or yahoo services setup.

If I were you, I'd set it at BIS.

Also, my subscription ID is set at "000000" (six zeros).

My email address and names are set at "No Entry" and Gateway and APN are blank, too.

I'm assuming you have some kind of data plan?
    05-04-09 08:47 AM
263 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD